If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    A whole bag (or two) of this:

dfaq4nbl9yn7.jpg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    qg1t1pym46hp.jpg

Ohhh what is that.. I need it 🤤
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    qg1t1pym46hp.jpg

Chicago Deep Dish, baby!

1odyldcdjub0.jpg
    ygwph0hdpxvj.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    qg1t1pym46hp.jpg

Chicago Deep Dish, baby!

1odyldcdjub0.jpg
    ygwph0hdpxvj.jpg

Ooh, I have plans for Chicago next month! Apparently, I'm going to Giardino's for deep dish pizza. (I've never had deep dish other than Chicago Connection.)
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    qg1t1pym46hp.jpg

Chicago Deep Dish, baby!

1odyldcdjub0.jpg
    ygwph0hdpxvj.jpg

Bottom.pic. 🤤
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    qg1t1pym46hp.jpg

Chicago Deep Dish, baby!

1odyldcdjub0.jpg
    ygwph0hdpxvj.jpg

Ooh, I have plans for Chicago next month! Apparently, I'm going to Giardino's for deep dish pizza. (I've never had deep dish other than Chicago Connection.)

Giordano's is the BEST. Also recomend Pequod's and Bartoli's.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    qg1t1pym46hp.jpg

Chicago Deep Dish, baby!

1odyldcdjub0.jpg
    ygwph0hdpxvj.jpg

I kid you not BUT this looks not appealing to me at all. This is a typical abomination of a what a good pizza is like. I am surprised they are allowed to call it pizza, deep dish or not. This is more like an open faced samwich hehe

As a native NYer, I am contractually obligated to roll my eyes every time someone calls deep-dish "pizza". It is a lovely monstrosity, and a credit to the fine city of Chicago, but not pizza <nods>.
  • quiksylver296
    Eh...Chicago deep dish is so overrated and I’ve lived there all my life.
    Giordano’s has a pretty good thin crust though. I could crush one of those...well done/extra crispy.
    qg1t1pym46hp.jpg

Chicago Deep Dish, baby!

1odyldcdjub0.jpg
    ygwph0hdpxvj.jpg

I kid you not BUT this looks not appealing to me at all. This is a typical abomination of a what a good pizza is like. I am surprised they are allowed to call it pizza, deep dish or not. This is more like an open faced samwich hehe
    kimny72 wrote: »
    qg1t1pym46hp.jpg

Chicago Deep Dish, baby!

1odyldcdjub0.jpg
    ygwph0hdpxvj.jpg

As a native NYer, I am contractually obligated to roll my eyes every time someone calls deep-dish "pizza". It is a lovely monstrosity, and a credit to the fine city of Chicago, but not pizza <nods>.

Come on, y'all! I've never had it. Don't go ruining my trip! :laugh:
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited September 2019
    I loved Chicago deep dish the first time I had it, but felt socially obligated to not like it because no one else in my school group liked it. I loved dipping the crust in the sauce.

I'm still all for the Detroit style pizza, though - Kind of an in-between NY and Chicago?

294912_original.jpg
  • RelCanonical
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I loved Chicago deep dish the first time I had it, but felt socially obligated to not like it because no one else in my school group liked it. I loved dipping the crust in the sauce.

I'm still all for the Detroit style pizza, though - Kind of an in-between NY and Chicago?

294912_original.jpg

Isn't that a Sicilian pie? Rectangle shaped, thick doughy crust (more like bread).

The Italian immigrants caused one of the most enduring American cultural arguments in history by planting different types of pizza in different cities, so we would all continuously debate what really is and isn't "pizza". It's a long con. Meanwhile back in Italy they are eating all sorts of wonderful things with carafes of wine and living to be 100 by the sea.

I have no clue. I looked up sicilian pizza and looks similar, but the crust looks different.
  • RelCanonical
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    I would go to Five Guys and order a double patty cheeseburger loaded with a medium order of Cajun fries. Then after I would go over to Abotts and order a large chocolate vanilla twist.

I wish I had a Five Guys in my current town. I looooved their hot dogs.