40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Functional training class. It's always a mix of cardio and weights and my instinct is to always grab the heaviest weight I can move. My goal now is to lose the weight (down 6 pounds in 6 weeks so I'm on schedule) and to improve my cardio health, so I'm lowering the weights a bit so I don't gas out. It's working. My trainer gave me thumbs up today for speeding up my transitions and completing the whole workout in the rx time. Hooray!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    I tried Pickleball on Friday. Surprisingly fun, and a good workout. :)
    I officially joined the grey haired group though....Geesh!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,919 Member
    Yep, I am reserving pickleball for when I am “old”....also swimming and tennis. I hate golf, so won’t do that when I am young OR old.

Pickleball does look like a ton of fun!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "LIIFT4 Week 5 Day 4: Legs – LIIFT 50/50"...with the vest + weights!=DONE!!!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    sdereski wrote: »
    I tried Pickleball on Friday. Surprisingly fun, and a good workout. :)
    I officially joined the grey haired group though....Geesh!

Remember, you don't have to be grey-haired if you don't wanna'! HAHA! Think camouflage!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Another week another half of the exercise done...but my calories were good, and I did a lot of gardening and other outdoor activity beyond formal exercise!!!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Oh snap! I have gray hair and I swim. Guess its all over for me. ;)
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Legs...with sandbags & vest"=Done!
  • alteredsteve175
    This morning's workout. Hex bar deadlifts. Bench presses. Dumbbell lunges. Sounded easy. Was not. Trainer lies. :D
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,919 Member
    I am so bored of lifting....yet, today, I lift. It has become chore-like. I need to reinvigorate.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Friday kids....Deadlifts and benching done. Time for the sauna. Love reading everyone's post. Have a great weekend kids.
  • jayemes
    Functional training at 8am, then went back at noon to do Day 1 of Couch to 5k with a friend. I'm determined to be able to run a mile (or a 5k) without feeling like I"m gonna die.
  • alteredsteve175
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I am so bored of lifting....yet, today, I lift. It has become chore-like. I need to reinvigorate.

Heard that, Beeps. But I hate the soreness that returns every time I lay off for a week or three. It's Hobson's choice, for certain.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Monday kids, I am all squatted out and benched out. I have openers this upcoming Saturday and the competition is Saturday, October 5th. My nerves are becoming a little unsettled. I remember being this way when I ran my first 5k. My singlet came and I tried it on and walked out of the bathroom to show my family; they asked me "How did I feel about the singlet"? my reply, "I look like a seal" and tried to imitate a seal's bark and the laughter caused me to snort (lol). Why did I sign up for this again? Oh yeah, because I get bored easily and I love challenges. :D Have a great day kids.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    42 here, made the choice to get healthy and fit at 35 years old and so glad I did!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • jayemes
    Started C25K with a friend. I've been getting strong in the past two years but I need to improve my cardio.
    Also signed up for my gym's fitness competition - I know my partner and I won't win - there are much fitter people at our gym - but the entrance fee goes to charity and it's just a fun thing to do.