Why can’t I shake the weight?

Options
I’m so frustrated! I finally broke 290 last week- I have been exercising 3x a week and eating healthy (intermittent fasting as well) and I’m back to 293. I literally been tracking my food and I’ve been either at my calorie goal or under a few hundred and still no results. I want to literally cry my eyes out and quick but I know I can’t do that. I also have PCOS plus I’m on the nexplanon.... are there any tips out there for me??? Should I lower my calorie intake even lower than 1900? Or increase my exercise? Someone please help

Replies

• TriOwl
    TriOwl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hej Jaky, how much water do you drink? How much sugar is in your food..
  • monique070688
    monique070688 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m going through the same thing, and I’m currently the same weight. So, please all viewers continue to give daily insight. I’m in need of your help as well. We got this Kay!
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    How long have you been working on this? It took me 5-6 weeks to see regular downward progress. But even then, in the long run there are going to be SO many fluctuations. In one week, the scale shows a variation of 5-8 lbs. The trend is what matters, which is why it's so important to give it time and to keep tweaking things as you get started.
  • allanmobile313
    allanmobile313 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    First thing is to make sure you're getting enough calories. When you go into starvation mode your metabolism slows down making each calorie a bigger hit than normal. Next, make sure you don't over do the cardio. Cardio is progressive... Meaning the more you do it they more you gain muscle memory and instead of being good with walking one mile now all of a sudden you have to walk two. Lastly, try doing some (guided) weight lifting... You'll be stronger, sleep better, and will burn more calories doing everyday things.
  • Bjane01
    Bjane01 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was having these issues too. I got great advise here and started losing again. I had to recalculate my goals. I put myself as sedentary and that reduced my calorie intake by a few hundred calories. I started to track my calories much better too being very careful I enter it right. I eat all day long as a habit because it keeps me from feeling hungry. I switched from eating pretzels and nuts to eating more veggies like carrots, tomatoes, onions, and fruit. I am down 4 pounds since then. I am still working on it. I got 6 more lbs to get out of the the overweight category!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Fluctuations and plateaus are a normal part of the process.

For example, I ended August (my third month on mfp) with a 0.3 pound gain, due to medication changes. So far in September (my fourth month), I've lost 6.9 pounds.

You have to have patience. If you're not already doing so, I would suggest that you log your daily weight into a trending app, like Libra. It allows you to see overall weight loss and stops you from focusing on short-term gains.
  • greatchick2016
    greatchick2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself girly and don’t give up. Food quality really matters here. I can’ t seem to drink alcohol and eat a carb heavy diet and lose in the same week. Not sure what sort of fasting protocol you practice but I encourage you to shake those up. Play with them all 16:8, 18:6, OMAD, 23:1... etc. There is a wealth of info out there. Remember the name Gin Stephens. Check out her blog, books, podcasts and FB groups. Keep your chin up and be patient girly! The world wasn’t built in a day. AND you’re gonna do great! Keep at it!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

I was checking to see if it was in here yet.

@JakyiaMillner - read that article. I'm up 5 pounds this week, because I'm ovulating. It's a larger swing than usual, because I've also been high on sodium lately. I know it will come back off as long as I stay on track.