Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

2 diet drinks a day associated with 26% increase in mortality study finds

2»

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    phildog50 wrote: »
    I drink diluted Crystal Light. In other words... water. Hopefully the plastics leaching into the water supply won't kill me

Something is eventually going to get each and every one of us. Personally, I want to die laughing.

Car accident almost got me. I want to put death off as long as I can.
  • saltyboyy
    saltyboyy Posts: 3 Member
    I lost 20% body weight from being overweight through diet and excercise. One of the BIG things I changed was eliminating soda and zero sugar Monster energy drinks. I’m hoping I gained back some mortality. The only thing I drink now is water, green tea, and roasted barley tea. That’s it.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    saltyboyy wrote: »
    I lost 20% body weight from being overweight through diet and excercise. One of the BIG things I changed was eliminating soda and zero sugar Monster energy drinks. I’m hoping I gained back some mortality. The only thing I drink now is water, green tea, and roasted barley tea. That’s it.

If you eliminated regular soda, sure. If both your soda and zero sugar monster were non-caloric, they didn't really contribute in a direct physiological sense to your weight loss.
    The weight loss means you've almost certainly increased your life expectancy.