Darn BMI Weight

I work out and log in daily and my weight has gone down significantly. However, the dreaded BMI is stuck on stupid. Anyone has any suggestions or advice. Feel free to add me for daily support.

Replies

• Devil_Dawg
    Devil_Dawg Posts: 167 Member
    Will do, thanks 👍
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    BMI can be dicey for men who have more lean body mass, too. Just keep doing what you're doing.
  • cindyloving358
    cindyloving358 Posts: 6 Member
    My son is 190 lbs at 5'10. He wears a 30 inch waist and is very fit but according to bmi he is overweight. Those numbers are general guidelines. How you feel about your body is more important.
  • Devil_Dawg
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. Meanwhile, I'm going to see if I can switch up my exercise regiment by adding some different techniques.
  • Devil_Dawg
    Good one lol
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    My son is 190 lbs at 5'10. He wears a 30 inch waist and is very fit but according to bmi he is overweight. Those numbers are general guidelines. How you feel about your body is more important.

My son is 5'10" and 160 lbs... He has a visible 8 pack (though not over-developed) and at his physical (a sports physical!) the doctor mentioned that he was over the average weight for his height. SMH.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,157 Member
    My ex-husband's military records show he's 6'4"....it was easier for the military to make him taller than to keep sending him to remedial PT, which really only made him bigger. He's actually 5'11". He also took 2nd place in his first bodybuilding show two weeks after he was discharged, so he was definitely a legitimate outlier on the BMI scale.