WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Replies

• Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Good morning beautiful ladies 💐💐💐!!Today is gs birthday 🎂!The Big 5,Hes So excited.He has school and we all have to work,he’s not understanding why we can’t stay home and celebrate.But I’m sure he’ll get through the day as most do and the evening will be filled with fun and cake 🎂.
    Stubborn hubby-mine has high blood pressure that he takes meds for,his whole family has hbp.The doctor he sees doesn’t address the fact that hubby is overweight and could benefit from losing 60-70 pounds.Ive asked and suggested he workout with me and I’m met with I get Enough exercise all day.With his love of sugar and fatty food,I worry.But ...
    Debby In Va
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    @natc1954.

I am new to the group too. Welcome.

Congratulations on your decision to lose the extra pounds. I, too, need to get back to healthy.

You may not be eating enough calories during the day. I sometimes find myself hungry as soon as I get home too. I usually plan out my meals and have been making sure I have some healthy snacks for when I walk in the door. I usually have some prepped fruits and veges for those times. I also try to make sure I have some light proteins available.

Dehydration can also appear as hunger. I have been making sure I drink a minimum of 6 cups of water during the workday - sometimes more. I carry around a 27 oz refillable bottle. My daily goal is to drink a full bottle before noon and another before I leave to come home.

Do not be too hard on yourself. Set up some mini goals and you will see the pounds will start to drop off.

Hope you have a good day.

PS: I was a couch potato too (I started my journey late August). I started by stepping in place during commercials and stepping in place while I was doing household chores such as folding laundry. These were some of the mini goals I set for myself. Within a week or two I found longer walks were much easier and now am walking a minimum of 30 minutes 4-5 times a week.

PSS: You can do this!
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    grateful:
    lovely weather
    several things sorted this morning
    café cat
    soy mix bread
    stir fried veggies
    green tea
    this morning was able to reach and schedule an appointment with my lawyer for next week
    support from assistant director at one school
    studio easy to rent out
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • bananasandoranges
    @ginnytez my classmate friend had it partly removed but now has to have it all removed. sometimes I had thought of going back to liven the usa for retirement or other but the health insurance situation makes such a question not so easy. I think I could go only for a few months of a year taking out insurance or seeing about reciprocity agreements.
  • bananasandoranges
    edited September 2019
    I went to the gym for 1st time in 1 month or so!

15 minutes on bicycle and about 20 on weight training w arms and abs. arms need strengthening big time but I'm going super-slow (minimum weight lifted or moved and if 10 reps hurts, I cut it back to6 or 5 or 3 as needed) since last time it hurt my shoulder for several days. slow and steady

cooking veggies for 1st time In many many many days.

not a relaxing period
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2019
    Lanette: "I've been at this masterpiece for over an hour. GACK! Enough."

:D:D:D You crack me up.

Karen in Virginia
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,823 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Memories

A little snippet from my first year in Australia (2009), living in the cabin at the back of a property, off the grid ...

"walked into the dark toilet block, and shone my flashlight around ... up over toilet ... nothing there to drop on me; on the floor ... nothing crawling around; a quick scan of the walls ... nothing new or moving there; and a flash over the toiletpap......................... !!!!!!!!! A huge huntsman (we think) spider had the roll in its grasp!!"

My comments on the post:
    This is a huntsman spider: https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2579/3660912595_9b10217c64.jpg
    Only the one holding the toilet paper roll was fatter. They are, apparently harmless.
    Most of the TP here in Australia is scented (ick, but what can you do?) ... we suspect this spider was attracted by the scent.

And my mother:
    Maybe you can tame one and put it to work digging up your garden!!

I don't remember what the solution to that particular difficulty was ... I probably got a new roll and left that one to the huntsman.

Those were the days.

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    Changed and did a Personal Training with Jackie DVD since it was new and I wanted to see about it. Then I did a little of Kathy Smith’s Life Weights 2 Lose Weight DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the water class.

Barbie - I have both, too. Wish there were more nutrition books, tho. The one thing I don’t like about Hoopla is that you can only get 3 books per month. At least in Overdrive when you finish a book, you can send it back to the library and get another. The only limit is how many books you can take out at any one time. Fortunately, I have it linked where I can get books from NC and from our county in FL. It’s interesting, I have access to ALL books in NC but only the ones in my county in FL. Wish it was the entire state of FL

Rho – was the questionable lesion on your scalp under your hair? If so, how did they take the biopsy? I’ve always wondered that

Wii said that I lost .7 of that pound I put on from Rummikub. I’m getting there.

DebbieVA – happy birthday to your gs

SuziQ – I checked Amazon and they do have quite a few books. Now to figure out how to download them onto my tablet….. I’m so sorry about your hubby. Guess in one way it’s good that Vince will go to the MD for every little thing. Unfortunately, not me. I have to be REALLY sick. The hubby of a friend of mine was out in his garden. He felt funny so he called the paramedics. They couldn’t find anything wrong with him but they wanted to take him to the ER. He was changing out of his work clothes when he had a heart attack. The paramedics couldn’t revive him. They were right there! Like you said, when it’s your time, it’s your time.

Welcome everyone new!

Natc – lately I’ve been finding that when I’m hungry like late at night, having an apple fills me up.

Beth – I hope your account is safe, too

Green Room today. On the way back I think I’m going to stop at Food Lion to get chicken thighs which are on sale to grill for later next week. Many times the meats in stores are frozen so if I get it today, I can put it in the refrig and thaw it before it needs to marinate. Then, if Vince is working with his trains again, I will probably work on the popcorn. The positive is that it keeps me from eating. I do take some carrots and tomatoes out with me.

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Jan-19 ... 241.6 km (150.1 miles) = 27 hours 2 minutes
    Feb-19 ... 175.5 km (109 miles) = 19 hours 8 minutes
    Mar-19 ... 170.3 km (105.8 miles) = 28 hours 21 minutes
    Apr-19 ... 160.3 km (99.6 miles) = 25 hours 4 minutes
    May-19 ... 164.0 km (101.9 miles) = 29 hours 10 minutes
    Jun-19 ... 246.2 km (153 miles) = 25 hours 40 minutes
    Jul-19 ... 217.3 km (135.0 miles) = 33 hours 45 minutes
    Aug-19 ... 162.5 km (100.9 miles) = 28 hours 4 minutes

Goal: More than August!!

Sunday, 1 September 2019 … 5.0 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Monday, 2 September 2019 … 4.3 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 4 flights of stairs + pilates
    Tuesday, 3 September 2019 … 6.9 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 6 flights of stairs
    Wednesday, 4 September 2019 … 2.9 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 2.4 km rowing + 6 flights of stairs
    Thursday, 5 September 2019 … 1.8 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 2.5 km rowing + 4 flights of stairs
    Friday, 6 September 2019 … 2.0 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Saturday, 7 September 2019 … 2.1 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs

Sunday, 8 September 2019 … 0.0 km walking + 10.2 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Monday, 9 September 2019 … 3.6 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Tuesday, 10 September 2019 … 5.4 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 4 flights of stairs
    Wednesday, 11 September 2019 … 6.6 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 6 flights of stairs
    Thursday, 12 September 2019 … 3.5 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Friday, 13 September 2019 … 1.0 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Saturday, 14 September 2019 … 1.5 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs

Sunday, 15 September 2019 … 0.0 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Monday, 16 September 2019 … 0.0 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs

Tuesday, 17 September 2019 … 1.2 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Wednesday, 18 September 2019 … 1.2 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Thursday, 19 September 2019 … 2.5 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 4 flights of stairs

2019 Monthly September
    Walking Distance (km): 51.5
    Walking Time (min): 639.6
    Cycling Distance (km): 10.2
    Cycling Time (min): 42.0
    Flights Stairs Climbed Number: 34.0
    Flights Stairs Climbed Time (min): 27.2
    Rowing Distance (km): 4.9
    Rowing Time (min): 33.0
    Other Distance: 0.0
    Other Time: 30.0

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 66.5
    Total Distance (miles): 41.3
    Total Time (min): 771.8
    Total Time (hr): 12:51:50

Bit of a slow-down. I thought I'd escaped the winter cold/flu. But nope. Hopefully it'll be a better week next week.

M in Oz