riding the struggle bus

i have managed to lose 85 LBS over two years,
over the last four months i have managed to binge my way back up 20 LBS

looking for help not binging, and sticking to it.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    I'm sorry you're struggling :flowerforyou:

Do you have some idea of what is triggering the binges? You don't have to post it here if you aren't comfortable, but do you know? Often figuring out the "why" is half the battle.

Have you dealt with periods of bingeing before?
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    i know it is depressing, I lost 40 lbs and gained 25 back, got it off so I am being more cautious, weighing every day and watching my carb intake, 100 gr or less. I got a flu and went back to eating and didnt weigh very often so didnt see the consequences.
  • katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I'm sorry you're struggling :flowerforyou:

Do you have some idea of what is triggering the binges? You don't have to post it here if you aren't comfortable, but do you know? Often figuring out the "why" is half the battle.

Have you dealt with periods of bingeing before?

i am a recovering binger, i was past it (or so i thought) i am in a new relationship, i am moving for the first time, i started a new position at work. oh and i love cannabis LOL
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Being able to figure out the "why" is crucial. It's the only way you can stop the cycle.

For example, the smell of coffee brewing triggers my migraines. So, I don't put myself in that position.

We're here to help if we can. 💟
  • katermari
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Being able to figure out the "why" is crucial. It's the only way you can stop the cycle.

For example, the smell of coffee brewing triggers my migraines. So, I don't put myself in that position.

We're here to help if we can. 💟

i am a recovering binger, i was past it (or so i thought) i am in a new relationship, i am moving for the first time, i started a new position at work. oh and i love cannabis LOL
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    You have a lot going on. Maybe something to occupy your hands. Have lots of low cal foods, like celery, carrots, dill pickles, etc. that take fingers, chewing, and time. And Congratulations on all the new and wonderful things in your life!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    katermari wrote: »

Is your cannabis intake related to your bingeing? The "munchies" are a real thing for some people.
  • katermari
    I got over that for such a long time. I think I need a new strain
  • xcc670
    xcc670 Posts: 98 Member
    Congratulations on losing so much weight. I am is a similar (though lesser pounds) boat. I struggled hard to lose ten pounds (( i need to lose at least 70). The pounds are trying to creep back. I am going to try to focus on eating my protein and fats and limited carbs. Without exercise I need about 800 kcal per day to lose 1/2 pound per week. I found this out when I was laid up with a broken bone. With my normal exercise, walk 3 miles/day, I get hungrier and have been eating about 1300 calories/day. I know that if I plan appropriately I can stay away from binging. Thanks to all the supportive people on this board.
  • MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    What has helped me is eating a little more protein, and that has really helped squelch my cravings. No cravings, less bingeing. What has helped me the MOST is being held accountable by a very scary in real person that I respect. Im being held accountable for my workouts, which suffer immensely if I don’t eat properly. Taking my mind off of the scale and focusing on the progression of my workouts and fueling them properly. Weight is coming off slowly but surely. Good luck to you, I hope you find what works for you.
  • katermari

thank you so much!!
  • Pcook77
    Pcook77 Posts: 1 Member

Is your cannabis intake related to your bingeing? The "munchies" are a real thing for some people.

This is 100% my weight loss challenge
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    @katermari you can add me for support fellow Canuck
  • katermari
    Pcook77 wrote: »

This is 100% my weight loss challenge

i think its munchies and bordum.