Nutritionist

Has anyone hired an online nutritionist? If so what was your expedience? Who would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,097 Member
    IMO...The first place that you should start is with educating yourself as to what healthy nutrition is. I know that there is a bunch of garbage out on the internet but there are also some good sites that can help you determine what you need to nourish your body. Just make sure the info makes sense...ask here on MFP if you have questions and use your common sense.

If it sounds strange...then it probably is.

I think with the right research done on nutrition and on any dietician (whether online or IRL) you can go into this with the knowledge to make good decisions. I don't see any problems using an online dietician if you have done your homework especially if you don't have any known illnesses. You might want to get a checkup with your own doctor first.
  • alyssag2011
    alyssag2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Thanks for the advice! I was just wondering from the people who have used them what their experience was and if there was a company/business they recommend.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    i use an online nutrition company that i have vetted for experience - i've been using them for several years now
  • alyssag2011
    alyssag2011 Posts: 46 Member
    i use an online nutrition company that i have vetted for experience - i've been using them for several years now

May I ask what company you’ve used?
  • deannalfisher

May I ask what company you’ve used?

i use eat to perform - but renaissance periodization is another company that does similar
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Has anyone hired an online nutritionist? If so what was your expedience? Who would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

https://boomboomperformance.com/

I've never used him but have listened to his pod casts for years, ask anyone you hire allot of questions!! You're allowed to ... think of it as hiring an employee... ask for references also.

If someone doesn't ask about your sleeping patterns while discussing your goals and current activity level that's a flag for "bye Felicia" for me.
  • deannalfisher

Thanks in advance!

I've never used him but have listened to his pod casts for years, ask anyone you hire allot of questions!! You're allowed to ... think of it as hiring an employee... ask for references also.

If someone doesn't ask about your sleeping patterns while discussing your goals and current activity level that's a flag for "bye Felicia" for me.

mine tells me off for my crappy sleep all the time - lol!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    I have not, but I think before spending money, I’d sit down and think about my goals and what I expect to get out of it. I don’t know what your specific goals are. But I’d imagine experiences would vary widely since we likely each have different individual goals.
  • Clairin
    Clairin Posts: 95 Member
    Thanks for the advice! I was just wondering from the people who have used them what their experience was and if there was a company/business they recommend.

I know a nutritionist I would recommend! She is a UK qualified pharmacist that became a nutritionist. She works as a team with her husband who is a UK qualified physiotherapist and personal trainer. I would happily recommend her and give you her contact details to chat online to her.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    What are you hoping to accomplish?
  • Caralarma
    Caralarma Posts: 174 Member
    I don't believe in paying someone to tell me what to eat. I would rather educate myself about weight loss actually works (cico) and then decide for myself what foods to eat and when.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member

Thanks in advance!

mine tells me off for my crappy sleep all the time - lol!

Mine too!