WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    (((Josephine and Family))) :'(
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Josephine the Ballerina got her diagnosis - neuroblastoma of the spine (malignant). Her prognosis will depend on the grade of the tumor, which they don't know yet. As of now, they are planning to stay here for treatment rather than go someplace like St Jude, Hopkins, or Boston. :'(

Heartbreaking. I hope she gets quality care.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2019
    Felicia: Last year was amazingly dry here. I can’t say I’m loving the rain, but the land can surely use it. :flowerforyou:

Karen in VA: Sending love and good wishes to Josephine the Ballerina, and your whole family. I wonder what medical support is available nearby your niece’s home. St. Jude’s is wonderful, but there may be brilliant hospitals closer by. There are several children’s hospitals in the Portland, OR, area. Maybe there are also excellent children’s hospitals and treatment centers nearby your niece’s family. I hope they find the help they need. Keep us in the loop. I’ll be keeping Josephine and the family in my prayers. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Prayers for Josephine and her family, medical team and supporters!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Beth That's a nice windfall. I wouldn't mind having that egg on my face!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,329 Member
    Colored my roots last night. Went to the vet this am to pick up a prescription for Loki, then to Food Lion because they had chicken thighs on sale. There was no mention at all of the fact that it had to be the ones with the skin. The skinless were almost $2 a pound. These were 99 cents. For that difference, I’ll take the skin off myself. Then to the green room then to WalMart who didn’t have Loki’s med but it’ll be there tomorrow.

What are your low cal snacks that DON’T contain any artificial sugars? Most of them are bad for you

Karen – so sorry for Josephine and her entire family. What horrible news to receive! Here’s praying that things go better for her

Lyttle fish – welcome! There is lots of support here of every kind – support for weight ups/down, support for personal problems, everything.

LOL – I park far away from the store not so much so that I can get extra steps in but because I don’t want someone to hit my car with a shopping cart!!!!

Michele in NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,028 Member
    edited September 2019
    Shiver me timbers! Arrggh, Yvonne, me heartie! Carn’t believe oi arlmost missed it! Yo! Ho! Ho! And a bottle of rum if ye don’t make me walk the plank! Arrgghh!

I used to get a reminder about this on Facebook! 😂 haven’t seen one for years.

This morning we received our appointment from the doctor for the flu vaccine. Gotta love the British NHS. We can also opt for Shingles and pneumonia injections.

Got lots done in the garden after lunch. Off out first thing in the morning to Latin Study. September is racing by at a rate of knots.

☘️ Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,028 Member
    Karen: Sad new about Josephine the ballerina. I hope she gets the best care possible. 💕💖💕
  • Katla49
    :flowerforyou:
  • Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    🙏 Prayers for Josephine 🙏
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,187 Member
    Got to get to bed early tonight, so we can get up early to do our exercises before Bea arrives. :o<3

Hope I sleep through. I've been waking up in the night and doing a lot of reading, which is one of the reasons I get through so many books. It's better than tossing and turning.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,318 Member
    edited September 2019
    Karen in VA - sorry to hear about our little Ballerina prognosis. Prayers for her and her family. Does she have any siblings? Hoping cancer treatment has made leaps and bounds into treatment for this and the local hospital can do the trick. :'(

Beth - hooray for the windfall refund and no nasty business coming up. B)

Terri - Latin study? I took 2 years in high school, and glad I did. I think I'm a better speller for it. Vini, Vidi, Vici is all I remember. I hope it's not swearing, lol.

Felicia
    - thank you for sharing. Trying to coordinate activities like the gym with spouses is hard work and maddening! Glad your son is willing to go and recovering from the surgery. The couple times my DH and I went together, he was ready to scoot in about half an hour. I hate to be rushed so now I work it into my morning schedule when I'm in town. He knows better than to nag me about things like that, tho he tried for the better part of our marriage. Cast. Iron. Skillet. o:)>:)

Katla
    - sorry to hear about that I-5 traffic. You just never know. Sometimes I leave an hour early for an appointment 20 miles away just for that reason, if I can. Then, of course, I get to the appointment an hour early and get to read all the magazines in the lobby or make chit-chat. Glad your DH is making some headway with his PT and exercising. :)

Great lunch and excited to work on the new little demo garden. Really like the gal I'm working with, she's one of the remaining "old-timers" so knows a lot of history and is a wealth of knowledge about plants. I always need a mentor and she's a good one. Very thankful to have hooked up with her.

Tomorrow is Friday, ladies. Hang in there!! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Katla49
    Lanette: Cast iron skillets are wonderful cooking devices and also good weapons for self-defense. :wink:

I just got back from getting medicine for our dog at the vets clinic. Our real doctor is back at last!!! This is great news for me. It means I won't have to hunt for a new vet for my dog. :heart:

Katla
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    edited September 2019
    :)Lanette I have done only a bit of strength training since my compression fracture last summer. It has been not quite a year since I was cleared to end the long hours in bed protocol and I am still a bit nervous. What little I have been doing has been with much lighter weights. It helps to have weights in sight in the room where I watch TV so I notice them. Part of the problem is that I like walking, dancing, and riding my exercise bike a whole lot more than I like strength training.

:) My husband would like me home in the same room with him all the time. I have to be focused, firm, and pleasant to assure that I walk the dogs for two hours in the morning and again for shorter times later in the day as well as leave home for two dance classes each week. We do most of our shopping together and when we are home he sits on his couch or recliner and I ride the exercise bike.

<3 Barbie in NW WA. 😸🐩🐕👣🐾