Alter-abled per loves walks, hates food

I've been alter-abled for a decade, ever since an AVM bleed and stroke rebooted my once Mensa quality brain. Now I have a really hard time eating because no matter how stoned I am, nothing tastes good. My otherwise awesome partner gets snippy at me because because they don't remember me telling them i only want PBJs and fruit until they can afford to stock up at trader joes again. so i ate three bites of a chicken sandwich, half a container of coleslaw and lots fruit.

i hate being so powerless about what i put in my body.

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    What is your goal or objective being here? Are you trying to lose weight, gain weight, maintain or just get fitter. Are you asking for advice on how to eat more? Eat less or just ideas for different foods/recipes to try?

As for not being in control over what goes into your body is this because you rely on your partner entirely for making your meals?

Sorry not being terribly helpful but not sure what you are asking.
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    @tripichick you may want to join our little thread for those with chronic illnesses? I'm not savvy enough to provide a link, but the thread is called Those with chronic illness/pain trying to get fit.

• lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,715 Member
    @tripichick you may want to join our little thread for those with chronic illnesses? I'm not savvy enough to provide a link, but the thread is called Those with chronic illness/pain trying to get fit.

Here you go
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10760132/those-with-chronic-illness-pain-trying-to-get-fit#latest
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    What is your goal or objective being here? Are you trying to lose weight, gain weight, maintain or just get fitter. Are you asking for advice on how to eat more? Eat less or just ideas for different foods/recipes to try?

As for not being in control over what goes into your body is this because you rely on your partner entirely for making your meals?

The post would make more sense if the OP wasn't stoned at the time!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »

The post would make more sense if the OP wasn't stoned at the time!

:D:D:D