Has anyone tracked their endurance over time?

If you have, I'd love to see your graph or a formula that is equivalent to a curve on a graph.

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    What type of endurance? I could probably put together a list/graph of my weekly distance leading up to the century I did last year.
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Basically, anything. I'm planning to track how long I can run for at X km/hr, I'm wondering after how many months the graph starts to plateau.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Yes, Garmin takes care of that automagically. Before that I used various running apps.

Get a running app (or better yet a watch) and get a plan (you don't want to end up injured).
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I agree with @dewd2 - I think you would be best served by getting a plan. Not doing so could easily end in injury or an unnecessary plateau.
  • FrankieandSpots
    FrankieandSpots Posts: 446 Member
    I don't have a graph, but after 3 months of running I noticed that I did the same 5km track, at the same pace, but my heart rate was 10 beats per minute slower.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    I sync my runs from my Fitbit to both strava and runkeeper. I find the analysis from each of these apps useful in tracking my trends on similar runs.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Garmin has a million chart versions of this. Probably the most relevant for me is my 20 minute maximal mean power.
  • CourierSixx
    CourierSixx Posts: 50 Member
    I don't have anything right now, I keep playing with different apps on my Ticwatch. But I used to cycle 4 times a week with my dog in a basket, but being huge has played a toll on my bike rims. His extra weight didn't help, he weighs 25lbs. I now have him in a trailer and for two weeks it was hard. But now it hasn't easier. Semi steep hills are still hard but I keep chugging and trying. Oh and we go 25miles.