WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Ginny That is such an encouraging story! Josie is 9, older than the majority of children diagnosed with neuroblastoma. The very best scenario would be that it is lowgrade, localized, & operable. We are all pulling for Josie to resume her role as the ballerina she was born to be.

Thanks for all the positive affirmations, prayers, & (((hugs))) for Josephine. I'll pass them on to her. She is maintaining a positive outlook. Her mother is stunned right now. I think she had in her mind that the tumor would be benign.

Karen in Virginia

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Great Lisa! I've screenshotted that for future reference. :D>:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    Finished pg 69

Rita
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Newbies WELCOME!! Good to see so many new faces. I am loving this group of ladies! They are so helpful and genuine. It's good to share our victories and struggles together.

Karen So sad to hear about Jennifer's diagnosis. Hopefully, her athletic body will be able to fight and heal well! She and her family will be in my prayers! We also had a friend who had a bad cancer Dx for their 6 year old (brain tumor). She was able to get through treatment and is a healthy young adult now.

Snacks I must have worded my entry wrong. I was looking for suggestions.

Machka, I like your ideas. I just get too hungry at times and don't want to throw off my entire day with something too high. Also, love your Canada pictures!! What a beautiful area! I haven't been up there in a long time. Hope we will be able to go again one day.

Languages I studied French and Spanish in school, but it has slipped and now I mix them together for an entirely new language. I want to learn Thai, as my DIL was born there and all of her family (and my grandchildren) speak it. It is a really tough one! I'm not sure I can get it at this age and post brain injury.

I am stuck at the 179-180 mark...I can't get over how hard it is to lose weight at this age! I used to be able to drop weight just thinking about it, and unfortunately I have a history of anorexia in teens and twenties, so I would just stop eating entirely and exercise like a fiend.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

<3 Luci in WNC

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    kevrit wrote: »
    Been in a dark mood lately. Stressed, bored, lonely, depressed, uninterested in anything. No idea why.

DH is doing good. Healing nicely. Follow up next week. I go to GI next week too. Hope digestive issues cause will be identified and treated.

RvRita

I'm sorry to hear that Rita. I know it's hard to dig out of a mood like that.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2019
    Luci One idea for a "snack" is homemade vegetable soup. Hot, savory, filling, and very few calories.

Rita Did I hear on the news Area 51 might be getting a lot of visitors for some reason? Sorry you're feeling down. You've done such an amazing job getting yourself healthier!

Karen in Virginia