NovusDies wrote: »
    Weekly Numbers Day.

Actual weight change: .6 lbs
    Weight loss by deficit: 2.28 lbs
    Masking: 7.4 lbs <- Isn't that fun

3wk RoL: -.2 lbs
    6wk RoL: 1.6 lbs
    12wk RoL: 1.95 lbs

What a fun week this has been. I managed to uptick over 6 pounds on a friggun liquid diet day for that medical test. Only I could find a way to do that lol. The next day I was up a total of 14.9 pounds in water because I was already in 2 different upticks when it happened. As you can see I am only 7.4 pounds up now because in the last 3 days I have visited the restroom enough to lose 8.6 pounds. This makes me feel bad because it depletes my electrolytes. I am replenishing but not fast enough.

I may not have been the most attentive leader here this week. Sorry. I am afraid it may not get too much better for a period of time because my surgery is right around the corner now. That is assuming I can get this blasted water weight back down in time.

I recorded my weight incorrectly. My actual weight change was .8 pounds. It changes the rest of the numbers obviously but not enough for me to go through and post them again.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    You need this time to take care of yourself mentally and physically......most of us will be right here when you return with all of your engines running!...hoping for your speedy recovery....

...this has been an exhausting week for me with appointments,birthdays and my husband in so much pain from his RA and stenosis of the spine...I stayed under my calorie limits but could have made some healthier food selections.....but onward I go....no one ever said the road wouldn’t have some bumps in it!...

Thanks for all you do for this group!

If you stayed in a deficit you got healthier. A college professor ate what is now dubbed the "Twinkie Diet" for 10 weeks, lost weight, and improved his health markers:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Obviously he does not want anyone repeating his experiment but I doubt your diet last week was what he was eating. I do believe he might have started to have problems eventually but in the short term it was not a problem and proves weight loss is healthy all by itself.

I know that doesn't help your situation with your husband but maybe if you are not very stressed over food selection it will help you a little.

• DogMom919
    DogMom919 Posts: 58 Member
    Many thanks for all you do for this group!

Take care of you! We will be awaiting your healthy and happy return.

Sending many prayers up for your speedy recovery!
  • NovusDies
    DogMom919 wrote: »
    Many thanks for all you do for this group!

Take care of you! We will be awaiting your healthy and happy return.

Sending many prayers up for your speedy recovery!

Don't ship me off just yet. It is still a couple of weeks away. I may be more distracted than usual though until then. Afterwards I have a notion the first week will be pretty rough and then get much better each week after that. That is my hope anyway.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    That is great TwinThompson!.....btw. Are you a twin?
  • TwinThompson
    TwinThompson Posts: 80 Member
    @conniewilkins56 yep I’m an identical twin! We’re going healthy and trying to lose weight together. We’ve managed to lose the exact same amount in the same length of time lol
  • monique070688
    monique070688 Posts: 6 Member
    I’m 31, 5’6, and decided to commit to my weight lost journey, weighting in at 295.00. Will start exercising within a few hours. Wish me luck! Scared
  • NovusDies
    edited September 2019
    I’m 31, 5’6, and decided to commit to my weight lost journey, weighting in at 295.00. Will start exercising within a few hours. Wish me luck! Scared

@monique070688

You are trying to change your life. It will be scary but look how brave you are for going after it anyway. I find it best to block out the forest and focus only on the single tree I have to chop down today. All you have to do today is eat a little less and move a little more while being kind to yourself in the process.
  • NovusDies
    Numbers Day.

Actual weight loss: 8 lbs
    Weight loss by deficit: 2.46 lbs
    Masking: 1.7 lbs

3 wk RoL: 2.00
    6 wk RoL: 2.33
    12 wk RoL: 2.43

Anyone new here should not think that I lost 8 pounds of fat in a single week. I have been experiencing some crazy water retention that is really close to being resolved.
  • jim_pipkin
    jim_pipkin Posts: 82 Member
    Day 324 - down exactly 124lbs to 301...REALLY want to break under 300 this week, but past experience shows me it will be more like two weeks, unless I really up my game.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Good luck Jim....I can’t wait ( weight lol ) to see that 2 as my first number in my weight!....hoping for it in October!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Best of luck @jim_pipkin. I was hoping to cross into the sub-300 zone by the end of the month, but I've been in a holding pattern all of September, bouncing between 303 and 308.
  • NovusDies
    jim_pipkin wrote: »
    Day 324 - down exactly 124lbs to 301...REALLY want to break under 300 this week, but past experience shows me it will be more like two weeks, unless I really up my game.

I lost my 4 without much trouble. My 3 hung on for 3 weeks. It finally broke and then about 5 days later I was at a doctor's office getting weighed fully dress and the little monster returned for a last trip around the track.

Just let it happen. I would never advise someone "upping their game" for a quick scale result unless it was medically necessary.
  • @jim_pipkin Awesome Loss! Your actions are everything! Keep working your plan and the 3’s will be long behind you in your rear view mirror!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    @DogMom919 Nice progress. Keep it up :smile:
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I know there's still another day but it looks like I've stayed the same in September, which is OK as it's better than a gain.
    I'm probably not going to hit my Christmas target now but that's OK too.
    Restarting tomorrow with a new exercise plan and no social activities in the diary.