Missed it by that much....

hmhill17
hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
Friday morning weigh in 220.2. Can't even blame water retention because I managed a very low sodium day yesterday after the salt lick I ate on Wednesday...

Replies

• janstewart62
    janstewart62 Posts: 88 Member
    Hang in there....you will get there !
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    When I eat a 'salt lick' it stays around for 3-4 days. So stick with it - you are almost there!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    First time I've heard of salt lick weight. 😂
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    What were you hoping for? What are your goals? Water weight can fluctuate for a number of different reasons. Sodium intake is one possible reason, but not the only one. Sometimes high sodium intake won't affect your weight until several days after. There is no real way to predict it, so no real reason to get hung up on one particular weigh in. Just keep up with your goals and trying to hit your calories and the weight will come off.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    What is a salt lick?
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    What is a salt lick?

A salt lick is a deposit of mineral salts used by animals to supplement their nutrition, ensuring that they get enough minerals in their diets. A wide assortment of animals, primarily herbivores, use salt licks to get essential nutrients like calcium, magnesium, sodium, and zinc. When a salt lick appears, animals may travel to reach it, so the salt lick becomes a sort of rally point where lots of wildlife can be observed.

Farmers have historically provided salt licks for their cattle, horses, and other herbivores to encourage healthy growth and development. Typically a salt lick in the form of a block is used in these circumstances, and the block may be mounted on a platform so that domesticated animals do not consume dirt from the ground along with the necessary salt. Salt blocks for farm animals can also be treated with medications, which may be convenient when someone needs to medicate shy animals, or a large group of animals.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!