What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Haven't done it yet but today is leg day...after work it's

5x 2-5 squats @ 315 ( mostly working on correcting my depth)

Superset
    2x30m farmers walks, a new PR attempt (258 per hand)
    2xSled pushes @550 on the sled.

I will "punish" myself if I fail to PR the walk by dropping the weight on the farmers to 225/hand and making myself do 4 supersets instead of 2.

Beastly! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your strength and youth.
  • pierinifitness
    thanos5 wrote: »
    overhead presses 3x10 (attempted)

deadlifts 3x8

lat pulldowns 3x10

45 minutes on the dreadmill

sweet baby jesus i hate overhead presses. i still suck at them. was only able to do 1 set of 10, 1 set of 8, and 1 set of 5. i progress regularly in everything but those freakin things.

edit: *not including warm up sets*

Work on shoulder flexibility and video your OHP from side view to evaluate form. You want a 100 percent northernly flight to lift the most. If you’re even slightly forward, you’ll make it harder.

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    BodyCombat class.

And since I’m no longer saving my legs for an event, I was free to bounce around and risk knackering my ankles as much as I wanted to. WOOHOO!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    7500 meters today in around 36 or so minutes (2:22 pace I think) @ 18 SPM. Felt really great today. Pushed a bit harder than I should have at the end and put in around a minute at 1:50 pace. Was seeing mid to high 1:40s. It's been a long recovery but I'm starting to see glimmers of my old self. Not many, but when I do on days like today, keeps me going.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    thanos5 wrote: »
    overhead presses 3x10 (attempted)

deadlifts 3x8

lat pulldowns 3x10

45 minutes on the dreadmill

sweet baby jesus i hate overhead presses. i still suck at them. was only able to do 1 set of 10, 1 set of 8, and 1 set of 5. i progress regularly in everything but those freakin things.

edit: *not including warm up sets*

Work on shoulder flexibility and video your OHP from side view to evaluate form. You want a 100 percent northernly flight to lift the most. If you’re even slightly forward, you’ll make it harder.

thanks, i appreciate the advice. i'll do that next time.
  • pierinifitness
    9/20/2019 - at the beach -

Late morning - superset #1 - double overhead press with 24kg KB (3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-4-4) plus #2 - BW-only walking lunges x 10 every 3:00 then closer of double overhead press with 20kg KB x 10 plus BW-only walking lunges x 20 - completed 11 rounds in 31:16.

Walked around perimeter of workout area between rounds and Garmin said this was 0.72 miles. Walking lunges felt good and worked off some low-level DOMS. Haven’t done them in a long time. Think they’re back in my training rotation.

Late afternoon - slower walk to, on and back from beach - 4.02 miles in 1:20:53.

Sometimes, life’s a beach.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Did my first double at Krav tonight. Went to a regular Krav class, then stayed for a conditioning class. Felt great throughout but I’m pretty sure I’ll be feeling it tomorrow.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    15 minutes warm-up, stretching, plus strength training lower body for 30 minutes
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    BodyCombat class.

And since I’m no longer saving my legs for an event, I was free to bounce around and risk knackering my ankles as much as I wanted to. WOOHOO!

Love that feeling, when you can finally put 100% in to classes. I've got 2 more races this year and then I'll be able to do the same (and I think my trainer is even more excited at the prospect)

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    BodyPump
    Old-fashioned aerobics
    BodyBalance
    ...and the three miles of walking required to get to the gym and back...

Tomorrow may be a rest day :)
  • firef1y72
    Active rest today ahead of tomorrow's half marathon. Just did 20min easy run to stretch the legs. Plus I'll be stretching and rolling before bed
  • pierinifitness
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    Active rest today ahead of tomorrow's half marathon. Just did 20min easy run to stretch the legs. Plus I'll be stretching and rolling before bed

Wishing you a great run.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yesterday, I did 1 hour of yoga.
    Today, I did 2 sets of 15 minutes on the erg, with 2 minutes rest. I got 2.15 average pace, slightly over 6,600 metres in total.
    Later tonight, I will just no up and down a lot at a gig.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Friday was an 90 min in a 4. Four of us signed up for a semi-private lesson and it was really good. I was slightly grumpy that I was in 2 seat, but other was it was good. The water was also amazing.

Today was a truncated row on equally flat water in an 8 (sitting 2...again) but we quickly got hemmed in by the fog. Really really dense low lying fog. It eventually got to the point where we couldn't see more than 400m ahead of us. That said my blade work seems to be getting a lot better which is really nice. Also amusingly, there were a ton of boats out - more than usual. Us, the juniors, and another club that rows out of a dock south of us. Their row back to their dock was likely very slow given just how dense the fog was.

Next weekend is the first head race of the season. I'm in a mixed 8 which should be fun. I think I'm racing in two other head races as well but those lineups haven't been sent out yet.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    8 mile run
  • AZTeri2016
    AZTeri2016 Posts: 77 Member
    34.55 mile bike ride. Longest in a year due to medical issues. I think I can eat what I want today.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 wrote: »

Wishing you a great run.

Thank you
  • axsxmxa
    axsxmxa Posts: 15 Member
    Gym, worked on my legs - did sumo squats, side squats, abduction machine, cable kickbacks, standing hamstring curl and hip thrusts (which I found I was able to hip thrust 80kg, not including whatever the bar weighs - I was incredibly happy about that, I'm aiming for 100kg soon!).

Also, I used to get so much muscle soreness when I first started strength training - like, I would barely be able to walk the next day - however, I rarely feel that anymore, despite progressing to heavier and heavier weights. It's made me kinda sad since the soreness was tangible proof that I'd worked hard, but still.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    2 mile walk with my son and the dogs. I also helped out at a self-defense seminar at my Krav Maga school today. Lots of fun!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,972 Member
    About a 7km row in bow of a quad.