The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    :(:'( Poor guy, at least he isn't suffering
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,186 Member
    Not a good time of year for pets. I'm not sure why, but fall always brings an increased number of euthanasias for us.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Makes it easier if you've planned a getaway to Hawaii or Mexico.... (it's my noir humour) >:)
  • sufferlandrian
    That is a real thing around Christmas. I had an owner want me to do CPR for an hour Christmas Eve just so he could say his dog made it to Christmas.
  • bethanie0825
    @sufferlandrian I think I remember you telling us that. I think it's so very selfish
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Going home early. Well not really since I came in early for a meeting. These people getting on my nerves today.
  • canadjineh
    Yeah, lots of weirdness this past weekend.... packs of people roaming around the streets getting into mischief etc. There were even young couples out taking their toddlers for a walk with another in the strollers at 1:30 in the morning! Yes, more than one couple. Others putting soap into the fountain (which totally screws with the pumps and costs the city a fair amount to clean out the system), putting business sandwich boards out in the middle of the lanes on the road, also taking the tall pylons for road construction off site and strewing them across other roads. WTH! It wasn't even full moon.
  • sufferlandrian
    @Jineh - Wow! That a lot of hooligans for your part of the world. I get that you are a bit city, but Vancouver isn't know for hooligans. That's a London kind of problem.
  • sufferlandrian
    @NoHookUpZone - I certainly get the people getting on your nerves. One of the staff from the other clinic we share a building with came up to me at the end of the shift and complained that my crew left 5 minutes early. WHAT??? Like we are going to see an emergency in five minutes flat. You have my permission to leave early. :smile: Sometimes you need that break.
  • bethanie0825
    It's been weird in 911 in my little town too. We usually aren't busy at all but we've had some crazy stuff and more dead people than usual, with crazy circumstances. Maybe it's in the water lol
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited September 2019
    Whew, things have been just a wee bit crazy 'round here! I moved, started a new relationship, quit my job, and got a kitten. My apartment still looks like I moved in yesterday, so there's that. I'm trying to get caught up on schoolwork and recover from a gnarly back problem, so I'm trying to be ok with it.
  • bethanie0825
    That kitten is adorable!
  • sufferlandrian
    You quit your job? Do you have another one lined up?
  • canadjineh
    Hoooo-eee! Everything at once, eh Jenn?? Congrats on new beau, kitten, apartment - and maybe new job? Moving probably didn't help your back problem either. Be good to yourself, it's a lot to deal with!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    @sufferlandrian - I'm working towards self-employment right now!

@canadjineh - thanks! It is a lot, but I'm adjusting! My back is much better now but it plagued me all summer!
  • sufferlandrian
    So much for the massive snow storm they were predicting. Just like the previous three years, there is enough snow in the hills to make them beautiful and nothing here on the valley floor. I'll take it. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    One of the beautiful things about the Flathead Valley. While the east side of Montana was getting hammered with snow, we still have bare ground and clear roads. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    huu0tnpc5hp6.jpeg

My view as I left the clinic this morning. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    What a view
  • sufferlandrian
    It was better in real life. :smile: