WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    Margaret - what lake were you at when you were walking on the beach? I have been to just about all the lakes down in that area. I would be able to picture where you were walking on the beach. Kind of fun to know somebody in Minnesota!!

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,330 Member
    Barbie – on Hoopla I can only check out 3 books per month. Thankfully, the only limit on Overdrive is that you can’t have more than 5 checked out at any one time

Rori – how wonderful for your brother…and you

Got back from seeing “Hair”. It was good, so much talent! I must be getting old….I remember when I went to see “Menopause the Musical” in Philly. At the end the audience could go on stage and dance. I did, even tho I left Vince in the audience. Now here they did that and I really didn’t want to get on stage. It’s Hickory, not Philly. Wonder why I felt that way? At the end the one guy came out draped in the American flag. At one point it was touching the ground. I thought for sure the Vietnam Vets in the audience would take offense at that, but no one said anything.

Michele in NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    Mary It was Lake Phalen. He lives about three blocks from the Beach. They also have a nice trail around the beach. The trail is about 3 miles long. I didn't do that today. Too warm for that. This is also where they have the Dragon Festival.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    <3
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,939 Member
    Library ebooks my library uses RBDigital. It’s not my favorite. It didn’t work on my Kindle Paperwhite or my old Kindle Fire. It works on my iPad and phone but it is a serious battery suck. I ended up buying a new Kindle Fire. There are things I like it about it and things I hate, but it is the only option for checking out ebooks from my library. It also handles audiobooks and magazines. I really need to try an audiobook for when I’m walking, but I haven’t done it yet.

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    <3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited September 2019
    Heather - very well said... and something I need to start doing here. I need to become part of my environment here, as well, and start to do things like go to city council meetings. The hard part is the beginning.

Rori - sorry for the incipient heart attack. :smiley: I got a little precious with that, but once the hour goes by, can't edit our posts, or I probably would have. I'm pleased for you that your brother is going to stay in the area... but does the fact that he's made friends with a bartender mean that he's drinking again? I know that you were awfully worried about that situation earlier on, if it's the same brother.

As Heather said, my heart goes out to all of you who are caring for another, even if it's a matter of simply prodding them to go take care of themselves. For those like Rori and Machka, I stand in awe of your strength, and that's not an exaggeration. I'm not sure that I could find it within me to do what you do on a daily, weekly, monthly basis, and you simply continue. Much respect to you both, as well as everyone caring for a loved one.

More on the next steps for me in a separate post.

Lisa in AR
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,330 Member
    Did Michelle Dozois Shape Up DVD then because it was short I also did a DVD for the exercise ball. The plan for tomorrow is to do Kathy Smith’s Power Walk DVD

Serevo…welcome, come back often

Lisa – your spoiler was so insightful

Want to make these ginger pumpkin muffins for the gal who lets me go to the Y for free but I need instant butterscotch pudding. I thought I had it, but what I have is the cook & serve type so I need to exchange it at the store. I also need to pick up Loki’s med and get Vince milk so I’m just here waiting for the pharmacy to open

SuziQ – how neat you can walk to the grocery store. There’s a SMALL one near us. You’re in Broward County, huh? Our place is in Brevard

Hmmm…gotta think of other things to do. Maybe I’ll get the chicken ready to marinate so that’ll take some time.

Michele in NC