The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• JewRob63
    JewRob63 Posts: 47 Member
    Good Morning everyone. Looks like 2 ton of gravel today.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Good morning, all! Have an awesome weekend! Off to the woods for a little therapy! 🥾⛰️🌞
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Not there yet, got a few more years to shave off
    zxa7b6hk1bhv.jpg

Awesome work, mate! 👊
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Saturday afternoon here in the UK, hope my fellow middle-agers are having a fab weekend!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Crazyman75 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I smell poop somewhere around the house! And I can't find it!

Where the *kitten* is it?!?!?!

Omg what kinda house do you live in?

I spent 5 hours emptying, cleaning and reorganizing all the cupboards and drawers of my pantry area. Now I'm having wine and waiting for pizza cause I earned it

Lol I live next to a farm in the country. I had the windows open.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Shut the windows!!!
    Nice grapes btw

I live in a city and we have a problem with skunks. They're super adorable but every other day we're greeted to the smell of a skunk that has sprayed. We had one in our front yard when hubs for home from work the other day. I'm pretty sure it's destroying our back deck but we will get to that
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Turning the big 4-0 this weekend. Getting back to my 20s shape and feeling great

Happy Birthday!!! 🥳

• terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member

I spent 5 hours emptying, cleaning and reorganizing all the cupboards and drawers of my pantry area. Now I'm having wine and waiting for pizza cause I earned it

Shut the windows!!!
    Nice grapes btw

I live in a city and we have a problem with skunks. They're super adorable but every other day we're greeted to the smell of a skunk that has sprayed. We had one in our front yard when hubs for home from work the other day. I'm pretty sure it's destroying our back deck but we will get to that

We seem to get a bad infestation of skunks every other year. The summers flip-flop between skunks and coyotes. It’s the ciiiircle of liiife 😂

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    theresa120 wrote: »

Shut the windows!!!
    Nice grapes btw

We seem to get a bad infestation of skunks every other year. The summers flip-flop between skunks and coyotes. It’s the ciiiircle of liiife 😂

We've had foxes in our area too.
    But wow the skunks are crazy. There's also a family of raccoons living in the trees between us and the backyard neighbours. They often go walking along the fence and are super cute. They were staring at my last night
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,123 Member

The grapes are coming in nicely!
    Let's make some wine yall! 🍷

What kind of grapes are those? How many feet do you grow? I just have table grapes, but a friend has Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, and Marechal Foch. I help him some years, and often the wine is REALLY good.

• activegalaxy
    activegalaxy Posts: 24 Member
    Looking for more friends to help keep me accountable. In my mid thirties and just trying to keep motivated. Males or females be free to add.
  • MCBarber75
    MCBarber75 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello! I'm 44 years old and an avid tennis player. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    hope everyone has a great night
  • I’m 53 but still very much middle aged! I don’t have grays or wrinkles yet and don’t take any type of prescriptions except a mild dose for high blood pressure that my doctor says I can get off of if I lose weight. ( HBP is due to excessive weight gain). My plan is to get healthier and even younger looking over the next year. I am perfectly healthy and plan to stay free of prescriptions and sickness for as long as possible. Let’s encourage each other!
  • ExileFromTheNorth
    ExileFromTheNorth Posts: 3,038 Member
    Amuse me - it’s 6am and I’m wide awake
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Hi! I’m finally joining the club. Have a great rest of the weekend everyone! ☀️🌿🌸
  • grneyedbandit1
    grneyedbandit1 Posts: 1 Member
    Just joined the premium service for "my fitness" since it has truly helped me in my journey AND just turned 50 on the 14th, used to be 350 lbs a year and half ago, now 263 and continuing to work my way down!! I live in West Los Angeles area (the culver city stairs are yet to be tackled), thank you in advance for your support, encouragement and prayers...don't forget to stop by and happy birthday to me!!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Just joined the premium service for "my fitness" since it has truly helped me in my journey AND just turned 50 on the 14th, used to be 350 lbs a year and half ago, now 263 and continuing to work my way down!! I live in West Los Angeles area (the culver city stairs are yet to be tackled), thank you in advance for your support, encouragement and prayers...don't forget to stop by and happy birthday to me!!

Happy Birthday 🎁🎊🎉🎈
  • pinaycoco
    pinaycoco Posts: 59 Member
    By the way, I have a question I asked on the appropriate forum but no one answered it; maybe someone here is up to date with nutrition facts and figures?

I ate a pile of broccoli the other day and when I entered it into mfp, I got a notice that it was high in protein. I had no idea. So, my question is, is the protein we get from a dark green vegetable like broccoli the same as we get from chicken/fish/etc? I haaaaate lentils and am not a big bean fan but if I can substitute some meaty meals with broccoli, that would be better for the planet, apparently. But if there are different ways our bodies use different protein sources, I'd like to know.

Thank you!

Hello, vegan here. I would recommend you eat a variety of plant proteins. I see you don't like lentils or beans, but have you tried tempeh at all? I eat it a lot and if you have a scroll trough some vegan food blogs or even just Google it then you will find tonnes of recipes on how to marinate or spice it - maple syrup and tamari with garlic and ginger or in coconut aminos or in peanut butter and soy sauce, etc. I also often add a block if tofu to homemade miso soup. Those are all great plant-based proteins. And pre-workout I sometimes make a chocolate protein smoothie with soy milk and frozen bananas. But yes, broccoli rocks! 😚🌱
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,123 Member
    Hey @pinaycoco -- I don't think @JenniferM1234 is checking back here. She was asking about how our bodies use protein and asked about different kinds of proteins. I tried to tell her about amino acids and essential amino acids and heard only crickets. You can absolutely get your complete proteins from plant sources, but you have to pay attention. Then there's that B vitamin thing. A friend has been vegan so long he can no longer process B12 through his diet so has to get injections. Fortunately his partner is a naturopath so she gives him a poke when needed.