Penzey's Spices-favorites?

2»

Replies

• FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Jumping in on the love for Sunny Paris on eggs. I also like Krakow Nights on chicken.
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Mural of Flavor and Chile Con Carne are two of my Favorites. I also really like Arizona Dreaming and Tuscan Sunset.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    Thank you everyone! I'm especially interested in the ones you've all said are good on veggies, eggs, chicken, turkey chili, and salmon. I usually use Fox Point on salmon but am willing to mix it up! I'm going to be in Penzey's for a long time with this list!
  • Katmary71

That one sounds really good. If I wasn't going there in a few weeks I'd order!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited July 2019
    ejiwhulmaj0d.png
    Another freebie! http://spices.penzeys.com/07_07_19_new_hope_box.html

If you get it in stores it is completely free, but online you'd have to pay shipping.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Well this is cool. I've always gone to my local Penzys store and I do get their catalog, so I know it exists but I guess I never knew how far they really reached!

Northwoods fire seasoning is my favorite!
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    I love the Jerk Seasoning. It's Money on a blackened salmon fillet. Nom nom nom.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I worked for them in the corporate offices for 4 years so I got a chance to taste everything. My favorite blends unique to them:
    • California Pepper (black pepper with ground dried red and green bell pepper)
    • Regular Chili Powder
    • Pork Chop Seasoning (for anything where you want a touch of smoky flavor, Makes great homemade smokehouse almonds too)
    • Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle (great on steamed veggies)

I use 3 of their 4 cinnamons. Vietnamese when I want a punch of flavor and heat, China when I want the flavor to blend, and Ceylon when I want cinnamon in fruit things.

I use the Special Extra Bold black peppercorns. One mill has that and one mill has a blend I do with black peppercorns, whole allspice, coriander seeds, and Szechuan peppercorns.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »

That one sounds really good. If I wasn't going there in a few weeks I'd order!

When you go to the store, you can get whatever deals or freebies they have at the time, but you may need to show an email depending on what the offer is.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    I have yet to have a Penzeys spice that I do not love. I need to watch the sodium and they have a huge selection of non-sodium choices.

I also love their Dutch Process cocoa for baking.

We are fortunate to have two locations in my city, but I also do order online.
  • Katmary71
    You all rock! I now have a huge list, I'm going to have to narrow it down somehow! Thanks for all the recommendations!
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    I went on Saturday and got the full size jar of Justice and the New Hope box for free. So now I have 4 spice mixes to try. My "I hate errands" 9 year old boy was more than happy to jump in the car when he heard "if you want tacos, we need to go."
  • Katmary71
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    I went on Saturday and got the full size jar of Justice and the New Hope box for free. So now I have 4 spice mixes to try. My "I hate errands" 9 year old boy was more than happy to jump in the car when he heard "if you want tacos, we need to go."

Report back on how they are, I was really tempted to place an order for the New Hope box and for Justice! The latter is on my want list.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited September 2019
    Really nice current freebie! Got mine today in store so completely free! kqlcnhwek300.png
    http://spices.penzeys.com/09_21_19_vote_hope_box.html
  • Katmary71
    Really nice current freebie! Got mine today in store so completely free! kqlcnhwek300.png
    http://spices.penzeys.com/09_21_19_vote_hope_box.html

What a score! I'm only familiar with Arizona Dreaming which I LOVE. Post how you like them! I've been using Arizona Dreaming on roasted vegetables but I'm sure it's great on chicken and fish too, I haven't experimented with it on other stuff yet.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    All the curry types! Of course cocoa, cinnamon and ground ginger.