What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    8y50ry2yxt1o.jpeg

Salty & Smoky Oumph (Swedish soy based protein) and vegetable kebabs, salad greens and a very poor attempt at sweet potato cross cut oven baked fries! Oh and a puddle of Mango Habanero Chilli Sauce.

Tasted good, looks less good. 😳

Looks great actually. Glad you tried the cross cut fries. Easy no?

Having never owned a mandolin I did go through a learning curve (and messed up an entire potato before I figured out the right blade height!) but yep, easy once you know how! I like how much more volume you seem to get for the gram weight of potato though! And how much easier it is to get a crispy finish. 😊
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    wtpbc4r6w9cr.jpeg

Roasted cabbage steaks topped with stir fried prawns and vegetables in jalapeño salsa sauce.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    a4esu3xrmlyl.jpg
    zqyoxubsa4qy.jpg
    d882l563alc7.jpg
    nc5losbhys18.jpg
    43u7mfftga5r.jpg
    1jrtb1x92nau.jpg
    cwhv14ri7i5z.jpg
    aixrbgt2w8ii.jpg
    ssekyirodziq.jpg
    1b8qynsswik8.png
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    u1apd1vvxc25.jpeg

Loaded Sweet Potato Skins - Tex Mex style.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Yay for free of pics. Everything looks delish. My dinner was butter chicken. All homemade even the naan
    933jar4eprdn.jpg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    mlrx55l9209k.jpeg

Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Lime Pickled Onions.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    Dinner party at my place. Bagna cauda to start. Made a little ranch because one guest was bringing her picky eater husband who I feared might be anchovy averse. Buccatina carbonara as a main. Dessert was dutch almond macaroons (made from the leftover egg whites generated by carbonara) which we dipped in amaretto.
    r3igboxumrqs.jpg
    tm2k1dihqqvm.jpg
    iifpgyhhy8yu.jpg

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    8scsd610n2x7.jpeg

Green Juice recipe. The base is coconut water.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    okfne77bxk1m.jpeg

Veggie stir fry. I had it with brown rice.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Tuna burgers on grilled eggplant as buns, roasted carrots and broccoli on harissa spiced labneh.
    v9232skmqivh.jpg

oh good...mother of... YUMMY! As I'm quite sure this was!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    okfne77bxk1m.jpeg

Veggie stir fry. I had it with brown rice.

We had the same dinner (sans the rice for me though - shirataki noodles instead).
  • acpgee
    Pan fried sea bass with a sauce of leftover lemon spiked bagna cauda and mirepoix. Oven chips done in the air fryer. Heritage tomato salad with marscapone.
    yusyte890v13.jpg

• BarbaraHelen2013
    pggaly8s2hpt.jpeg

Carrots roasted in chilli oil with cumin seeds and sumac, baby plum tomatoes and red onion. With Halloumi and a Skyr, Harissa and Sumac sauce. One to remember for another time! 😋
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    @just_Tomek you should do food photography. Your photos always look amazing!
  • acpgee
    Dinner party at a friend's place. Crackers with cream cheese, smoked salmon and avocado. Vegetable soup with a dollop of creme fraiche, poached salmon, carrots and butter/lemon/cream sauce. I brought dessert of pina colada sorbet with coconut macaroons.
    5cjr5cfwe1pw.jpeg
    h80oohamwp6d.jpg
    b6gnemscyxrn.jpg
    f9ya7c04e3hc.jpg

• cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Sesame seared tuna, avocado, cucumbers and home-made kinpira gobo on a bed of kagayaki 6-grain mix bbe9muur18o7.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    etq8ph3et2r6.jpeg

The Last Supper ( it’s some stuff, with some other stuff that tasted good) but it’ll be the last time I cook for myself for a few weeks,
    Having a shoulder operation in the morning so I’ll be relying on either my daughter or my husband to make me something to eat for a while. Cooking is not something either of them would count in their top 100 life skills!

I can also imagine the outcome if I ask them to weigh everything so I can log it! My daughter will but my husband will refuse!

I’ll be haunting this and other good food related threads, so post nice food! 😂