What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    A few minutes of stretching, and then a morning ocean swim, 1 hour.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    #heartwalk San Diego. Walking on a 163N freeway with no cars on it is so much fun, plus raising money for a good cause.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    i didn't do *kitten* today and enjoyed every minute of it.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    shoulder day. 3 miles on elliptical followed up with shoulder press, lat raises, upright row, arnold press, and front raises.
    An awesome day
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited September 2019
    Workout number 2 - much less exciting than the first one ;) 90 min on TrainerRoad with Zwift on in the background (mainly to accrue XP) and a documentary on as well. The bulk of the workout consisted of three 20 minute sub-threshold efforts with 7 min rests in between.

Half way through Sweet Spot Base I, two more weeks of harder workouts and one week of very easy rides (essentially deloading).
  • aokoye
    10 miles //-\\ 31:39

I dunno how many days in a row this is, not that it matters. Waking up, biking, and moving on with the day is working again.

I was just thinking about you earlier today and wondering how you were - well done.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    9/21/2019 - late afternoon.

Pull-up hang hold - 1:06 (bad grip but still wouldn’t have matched 1:33 from earlier in week effort - known lifetime best is 2:08 long time ago.)

Wall handstand hold - 0:50 (rusty first time in a long time - known lifetime best is 1:59 long time ago.)
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Little matter of 13.1miles run.
    I'll be having a good deep stretch when I get home but nothing else
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    firef1y72 wrote: »

How’d it go?

• jnomadica
    Scrapped a hike for today. My body is feeling pretty beat up, and I have my belt test this week, so I decided rest and self-care was more important. Took a leisurely walk with the dogs, stretched, had a big and delicious bowl of pasta for lunch, and now I’m going to take a snooze. I have mixed feelings about rest days, but this isn’t bad:)
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    jnomadica wrote: »

How’d it go?

Not my best, it was too hot with no shade. I forgot to take my imodium (which I paid for at 4miles), helped someone to the next marshal. Got to the I cant be arsed point by 11 miles and had a face like thunder. Then decided I was going to finish strong and despite feeling like I couldnt run another step at 12 miles went in to full on sprint for the last 1/4mile.
    (Well you did ask,)

Most embarrassing part though was before the race when they announced my name, number and weight loss journey.

• jnomadica
    jnomadica wrote: »

How’d it go?

Not my best, it was too hot with no shade. I forgot to take my imodium (which I paid for at 4miles), helped someone to the next marshal. Got to the I cant be arsed point by 11 miles and had a face like thunder. Then decided I was going to finish strong and despite feeling like I couldnt run another step at 12 miles went in to full on sprint for the last 1/4mile.
    (Well you did ask,)

Most embarrassing part though was before the race when they announced my name, number and weight loss journey.

Nothing shows mental toughness like a strong finish after a tough race. Nice work!!
  • aokoye
    Rowing in a quad this morning. Slightly less rainy than last Sunday and significantly nicer water. We did a 5k race doing the reverse of our normal 5k course.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2019
    95 minutes at the gym today. Mostly slower workout. Only got carried away briefly once or so. Mostly in my "sweet spot" of slow, steady at around 68% of HR max. Burned around 1200 calories.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,080 Member
    An hour walk and half hour of tennis. It’s always a hard workout for me and I’m left exhausted. But feel good by the time I get home. Plus it was hot and sunny today. Didn’t help with the exhaustion.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    9/22/2019 - last day of summer at park half hour before noon and then high school track about one hour later.

#1 - at park half hour before noon - alternating pull-ups and chin-ups - 27 rounds x 3 every 0:35 then 20 rounds x 2 as quickly as possible = 101 reps in 20:28. Current best is 20:03 but used different rep cadence. Counted 6 borderline reps all 3rd reps in later rounds. Good enough. Done during 20th fasting hour.

#2 - high school track warmup 1/2 lap walk and 1/2 lap slow jog on track then, 4 rounds of 0:20 strides and 0:40 walking recovery on football field.

One mile timed trial on track in 7:18.3 (goal by end of summer - today - was 7:30 so yay!) - average HR = 162 bpm (90 percent) maximum HR = 167 bpm (93 percent) total 94 calories - average run cadence 180 spm maximum run cadence 190 spm average stride length 1.23 meters. Done during 21st hour of fasting period.

I’m usually hard on myself but have to admit I ran good today. Didn’t capture my splits, didn’t want to know and be carrying emotional baggage if they weren’t what I thought they should be.

Inspired by this YouTube video I viewed yesterday trying to hype myself up for the on mile timed trial. I thought about that big boy when I started to hurt during my run today.

https://youtu.be/g_pdv6VYNOQ

• JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Over 20,000 steps (14.7 km) walked today at work.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    12 mile run
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Just a bit of cardio for me today. 10 mins spinning, 20 on eliptical and 10 walking fast on the treadmill.