What's on your dinner plate?

Replies

• leonard41704
    leonard41704 Posts: 33 Member
    1jp9yba4yc1w.jpeg
    This is what I had tonight. Taco Casserole that I got from the Yummly app. My wife made it. It was very good. I like sour cream,...but I’ve learned to use it very sparingly to add just enough for taste.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    This is what I had tonight. Taco Casserole that I got from the Yummly app. My wife made it. It was very good. I like sour cream,...but I’ve learned to use it very sparingly to add just enough for taste.

Give a 0% fat Greek Yoghurt a go (or Icelandic Skyr) as a sour cream substitute. I can’t even remember the last time I used actual sour cream, either in cooking or as a plating add on. You may find it takes a time or two to really get used to the very slight difference, but I honestly can’t tell anymore and it saves a whole bunch of calories!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Okay, I'll play. This was last night (tonight's was not photogenic):

qkkf9yq4ybpg.jpg

It's a one-bowl main dish of cooked edamame/soy fettuchine (56g dry wt.), sauteed Cousa squash (a light green summer squash, 366g of it), and green peas (frozen, 89g), with a dressing of gochujang chile paste, rice vinegar, and soy sauce, with raw finely-chopped onion (25g) stirred in before serving. It had 402 calories, 33g protein, and 21g fiber. I mostly don't do recipes or plan much; I just make stuff on the spur of the moment.

I made it because I needed a good chunk of protein to round out the day (and I'm vegetarian), and I like to eat lots and lots of veggies. I'd already gotten enough fats in earlier (a macro I'm often short on), so I wasn't really thinking about those. I like a filling dinner.

I'm in maintenance, eating on this day a couple hundred calories or so under maintenance (I calorie bank) at 2,066 calories for the day, which included 266 exercise calories.

This looks amazing!
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    leonard41704
    have you tried swapping nonfat Greek yogurt for sour cream? I never thought I'd be able to do it, but I love it, now! (I can't eat it plain, but as a sour cream substitute, it's perfect!) The brand I use is only 17 calories for 2T!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited September 2019
    Something that turned out incredibly tasty, much to my surprise! I’m calling it ‘Back of the Fridge Fajita’ 😂

Literally some odds and ends of courgette, quarter of an onion that I’d shoved in a plastic bag earlier in the week, a few slightly wrinkly baby plum tomatoes, the last few chestnut mushrooms in a pack, quarter of a slightly squidgy yellow pepper (squidgy bits cut off). All bunged in an enamel pie plate with salt, pepper and 10 sprays of Fry Light Chilli Oil. Roasted for 20 mins, half a dozen Fry’s vegan chicken style strips thrown on top in the last eight minutes. Skinni Wrap with a splodge of Skyr and a generous dribble of Mango Habanero Chilli sauce and a few slightly brown salad leaves. Messy but sooo good!

I was feeling sorry for myself when I started cooking it (been a long day, with a fair amount of stress) and I’d already cooked family dinner and cleaned up so had little enthusiasm for my own dinner. Now, though, I feel great! 😊
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Better than Noodles, Lean Ground Beef, Fermented Cabbage and Beets, Plain Greek Yogurt

Beautiful, delicious and satisfying!
  • leonard41704
    leonard41704 Posts: 33 Member
    suzyjmcd2 wrote: »
    leonard41704
    have you tried swapping nonfat Greek yogurt for sour cream? I never thought I'd be able to do it, but I love it, now! (I can't eat it plain, but as a sour cream substitute, it's perfect!) The brand I use is only 17 calories for 2T!

I actually like Greek Yogurt. I’ve just never really gave it any thought as to a sour cream substitute.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited October 2019
    My old standby for lunch today ...Air fried Cajun Chicken Breast, 7.2 oz and Steamed Broccoli with low sodium soy sauce...Also, devil's spit bbq dipping sauce not shown..488 calories and 68 grams of protein.
    hx0ceqhsw8u6.png
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 28,962 Member
    Tonight it's the same squash casserole as in my first post back on September 6 except I've added pimentos to the recipe for a little more color and flavor. Along with that, I've got 2 Bremer Cheese Lasagna Rolls (2) from Aldi with some marinara sauce and grated parmesan, and again about 5 oz. of buttered brussels sprouts. Total of 632 calories, which fits well within my daily calorie goal for the evening meal.

jokvup52a2c8.png
  • smithker75
    smithker75 Posts: 80 Member
    edited October 2019
    cxdugzxllspw.jpg
    Mixed leaves, roasted pumpkin, seared lamb, feta and a dash of greek lemon dressing.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Roasted chicken drumstick, onion, potatoes, cabbage, apples.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Not dinner because my dinners are usually boring (plain sandwiches or oatmeal), but I had leftovers from yesterday's lunch for breakfast today. Fish, eggplant and baby zucchini, lentils, tomatoes, cucumbers, and biscuits. A little under 600 calories.
    y88mt2il8zup.jpg
  • teresa19622015
    teresa19622015 Posts: 34 Member
    @suzyjmcd2 good idea! No pic but had Nigella’s Express chilli tonight and subbed out rice for swoodles - shredded swede. Next time I’ll try with Greek yogurt!
  • suzyjmcd2
    pcttuwu6lt12.jpg

Garlic and Lemon Shrimp; Roasted Butternut Squash; and Farro with sautéed red onion, garlic and asparagus tossed with feta and lemon juice. This was one of my favorite meals I've ever made. I love huge pops of flavor, which the garlic, lemon and feta gave the dishes!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,127 Member
    I do a modified Internment Fasting. (IF). Nice breakfast, nice lunch and that's it. At night I have a drink, relaxing after my workout.
    ornaflmbcr2z.png
  • suzyjmcd2
    zxvfkfd3o0iy.jpeg

Not a meal, plenty of food prep done for upcoming meals:

Roasted diced beets
    Roasted diced sweet potatoes
    Roasted delacata squash
    Sautéd vidalia onions
    Sautéd green and orange peppers
    Sautéd bok choy
    Diced zucchini
    Diced green peppers
    Diced vidalia onion
    Corn cut from the cobs
    Quinoa, white and red mixed
    Farro
    Homemade tomato sauce
    *Those are tomatoes from my garden that I pulled just after our first frost. I was hoping that just maybe they’d ripen, and they are!!
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    edited January 2020
    f7k0zf89xq90.jpeg
    Omelette: one egg, two whites; chopped broccoli and mushrooms. Mild Pico de Gallo and peppers for garnish. Non-stick pan, oil spray. Then dessert was whole milk Greek yogurt w. fruit.
    Heavy cream in my coffee. Around 470 calories total.
  • mell1009
    mell1009 Posts: 1 Member
    hgbif9dqd9yz.jpeg