LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Happy Happy BDAY to you!!!!! <3<3<3

I am sure your whoosh will come ---just hang in there......you will get there!!!! I still try to log at least Monday-Friday just to keep myself accountable ---I think I am so used to it though......I don't log on the weekends though :)

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    LMFAO I freakin' love you!!!!! The picture is GREAT! SUPER flattering! :D

Happy FREAKIN BIRTHDAY BABE! 40s a biggin!!! Congrats babe, and you'll hit goal FA SHO! We won't let it happen any other way :kissing_heart:
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    So my cheat birthday dinner turned in to birthday drinks which turned in to drunk snacking and eating bad in to Saturday lol. I did somewhat control myself on Saturday, but I still cheated on my diet.
    MEH! I'm 40.. I can do what I want! ;)

Seriously though... back to it today! Not OMADing today. Decided yesterday that since I was cheating, I was going to do a bone broth day today. I wanted to do one some time this week, so what better day than the one after a cheat day? :)
    I am still IFing though until noon before having a cup.

Not clean fasting though. Bought a 4 pack of Monster to try this week. Dang that stuff is so expensive!
    It's the zero calorie kind in the purple can. Tasty and caffeine! lol

And today it's back to tracking again too. Gotta get this weight loss moving in the right direction again! Get out of this unintentional self induced stall!!
    I might be catching my children's colds but feels like this is gonna be a good week :)
  • LiLee2018
    Today went great yall!!
    I was only going to IF, but started doing some chores around when I was going to drink some broth and just decided... ya know.. I feel ok... I can go longer!

I just broke my fast w/ some bone broth just before 4:30. And really only b/c I fixed hubby some shrimp for dinner and it smells SO damn good right now lol.
    That cup of bone broth tasted pretty darn good too.
    About to go have another cup or 2.

Surprised how easily this day went by. That monster drink really helped I think. May have to splurge every week and buy them if they help this much lol.

I'm gonna look forward to eating tomorrow though. It's gonna be a long wait but I got this. This really helped to boost my confidence in my ability to continue OMADing. Not that I was really doubting myself.... it's just not really fun NOT eating when you want to. Even though you know you're not really hungry.. it still takes a lot of mental strength (for myself right now) to resist the urge.
  • volgirl1322
    It is mainly mind over matter ---that is the truth!!
    Sounds like you had a great bday weekend!!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Ya know... I know cheating is going to cause me to bloat and be up on the scale. I know it.... but it still always surprises me when it happens anyway lol.
    Just..... UGH.
    This morning, I'm still up 4lbs! I didn't weigh yesterday or the day before so who knows how much I was up before.
    I know it's just bloating from the alcohol and carbs/sugar, but still.. BOOOOOO.... I say BOOOOOOOO
    lol

Ah well.... won't be the last time this happens! Just gotta keep up the healthier lifestyle after I have my fun :)

UGH I think our AC might be messing up. Oh hell naw AC! It is back in the 90's again. You better not give up on us!!!
    We're already in uber debt right now that we're slowly paying off. Don't need to add a few more thousand to it!
  • LiLee2018
    Meant to also add in that it feels like my bone broth day was a waste :\ It was supposed to help kick off my weight loss again but my body is just like.. ha ha.. NOPE!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Nice balance this weekend babe!!! You had fun but didn't go cray cray!!!

4 pounds is NOTHING! And WHO KNOWS how much worse it would've been if you HADN'T BONE BROTHED!!

PS - I'm telling you, I'd DIE without my energy drinks...babe, you can't just buy 'em anywhere, you've gotta find them on sale. I get mind 2 for $3 and they're ALMOST DOUBLE the caffeine as the ones you've got - 300 mgs rather than 160. I have at least 2 of those a day...I have a super high tolerance though...still more bang for your buck though. They make fasting SUPER easy!!!
  • LiLee2018
    I didn't even realize these drinks listed how much caffeine is in them lol. I'll have to look at what other brands have to offer, but so far the Monster has been fine for me. Maybe a little more would get my butt up to do something though lol.
  • LiLee2018
    Didn't break fast until after 6pm yesterday. Just monday schedule. I could still break it at 3, but with our AC broken and hot as *kitten* in the house... I didn't want to do anything.

Had some slow cooked pork spareribs and a salad.
    My stomach was NOT happy at all with that salad and ejected it undigested an hour later. That was fun :neutral:
    I forgot to take my digestive enzymes. I haven't needed to take them so just didn't think about it. Boy do I wish I had though. YEESH. That was not a good time in the bathroom lol.

My total calories were a bit high. I had like 1.5 avocados in my salad (thought DH was going to eat one but he only took half of one and I didn't want it going bad), and then the yummy ribs... it adds up quick!... especially when you want to devour the entire rack of ribs! lol
    They were so good though and worth turning the whole house in to an oven to fix them lol.

UGH worst time ever for this stupid AC to break on us though. Slow cooking in the oven... 90+ degree days.
    BLEH!
    I dunno what the hell people did before AC was invented.
    Have someone coming today to look at it. FX that it's something easily fixed and not expensive. But with our recent luck.... I'm sure we're going to be going in debt a few more thousand dollars.
  • volgirl1322
    Oh dear that sounds horrible!!!!! We are finally in the 80s here but by the weekend and into next week back up to 97 this is the most insane weather ever, it feels like hell :)......Hopefully they get your air fixed though.....

Hope your tummy is happier today too......
  • mistymeadows2005
    OH LORD - yeah I don't do NO AC :grumbles: moved into a house once and they didn't disclose there was no AC...moved out 4 months later...and it was the ONE SUMMER that it was over 100 degrees for 2 months straight :expressionless: Anyway not fun babe, I hope they fix it for you!

The SALAD upset your tummy? I'd have thought for SURE it was all the fat! But maybe the fiber didn't agree with ya?

Hope you're feeling better todayyyyyyyyy <3
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Happy Belated Birthday to you, my dear! <3 So sorry to hear about your tummy...hope you are feeling better now <3 No AC during hot weather is just terrible :( Hope your AC is all fix now :)
  • LiLee2018
    The SALAD upset your tummy? I'd have thought for SURE it was all the fat! But maybe the fiber didn't agree with ya?

Oh too much fat does upset my stomach too, but not in a 'rushing to the bathroom to poop' way. If I have too much fat, I get nauseated much later (usually kicks in while I'm asleep and will wake me).
    Certain veggies will often upset my gut. Like tomatoes, leafy greens, the top of broccoli... sometimes I'm ok eating them, but a lot of the times they go right through me super quick and not digested. It's been better w/ the enzymes but I've been forgetting to take them.

And our AC has been fixed. THANK GOODNESS!! Cost us about $250, but that's better than what we were fearing. Repair guy thought it could be a leak w/ the coolant which would've cost us a few thousand dollars, but thankfully it was some small part that just crapped out and was an easy quick replacement.

Also didn't break fast until about 4pm yesterday. Made jalapeno poppers (cream cheese w/ spices and parmesan sprinkled on top of jalapeno halves, baked for around 15min), Sam's club rotisserie chicken, and a low carb yogurt.
    I ate A LOT of the chicken, but calories were around 1500 or so. Not too bad.

My body is still in "WOOOO CARBS FOREVER!!" bloat mode. Always takes so long for my body to give up the bloat, but whatever. It's not gonna stop me from continuing on :)

Sleep wasn't great last night. 2 kids in the bed with us and me trying not to fall off and making sure they both stayed covered up all night long lol. Not sure if it's b/c I'm tired or if I'm hungry hungry. Woke up hungry. It went away but I can definitely tell that it's not just a want to eat so I may just eat.
    Just feeling like something is off this morning. Maybe food related, maybe something else.... I dunno.

Ok... so.... there will be a good 2 weeks of absolutely no cheating unless something unexpected happens. My niece has a birthday coming up soon, but easy to avoid eating anything bad for that. DH's birthday coming up soon too, but I'll leave it up to him if he wants to have a cheat dinner or something.
    So yeah.... 2 weeks of being strict keto and mostly OMADing. Will throw in at least 1... hopefully 2 more bone broth days in there.

I got this!

• volgirl1322
    Girl my body loves hanging on to carbs and salt.....it stinks LOL.......But the more water you can push the sooner it leaves :)......

Glad you air got fixed. In Nashville we have about 24 hours of fall today and then back to mid or high 90's it is so ridiculous!!!

• LiLee2018
    Yeah. I still need to do better w/ my water intake. Something I always struggle with.

This hot weather needs to go right on ahead and screw itself on outta here lol. We better get a good fall/winter once it does cool up. I want snow damnit! lol

I did just eat. Feeling I was having wasn't going away and so I just ate (leftover ribs).
    Will be keeping all other food lighter today though since I just ate something pretty dense. Salads/veggies and yogurt.
  • LiLee2018
    OOO food is not helping and I actually feel worse right now... plus my stomach still isn't acting right and grumbling like crazy. I don't think it's just me being tired. It doesn't feel like I'm getting sick but maybe I am? My kids do have colds and they've been so graciously coughing and sneezing in my face. And husband has a cold too and also decided to give me kisses... then afterwards saying.. Oh yeah.. I have a cold. Thanks honey! :neutral:
    I dunno... just not feeling well today. Thought maybe eating would help, but nope.
  • volgirl1322
    <3 hope you get to feeling better soon :)
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks! :)
    I am actually feeling better now. Still tired, but don't have that weird bad feeling like earlier. I dunno... weird.

Calories today ended up being about 1600-1800 I think. Feels like I could eat more, but just going to drink more since I am lacking in that department and my calories are already pretty high since I've been eating all day.

Food today was.... leftover pork ribs w/ hot sauce, salad (romaine lettuce, avocado, tomato, cauliflower, onion, cucumber, Greek dressing), quesadilla (low carb tortilla shell, monteray jack & pepper jack cheese), 3 chicken legs, low carb yogurt, coffee (half and half, monk fruit)

Really don't know what earlier was about but... oh well. Onward I go!

Next week... I'm forcing myself to exercise again. Just weights. Need to get back in to that and get these gains going! ;)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Oh no..you are getting sick too? Get well soon <3 Like yourself, I too struggle with my water intake. However, even since I bought myself that 2L bottle, somehow, my little brain is just determine to get my body to drink it all before the day is over... :lol: Glad to hear that you AC is fixed :+1: