Women 200lb+, Let's Soar This September!!!

Replies

• IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    denjan333 wrote: »
    I’m getting pretty tired of the all day Sunday meal preps. My husband was real helpful and supportive when we lost weight a few years ago. Now he barely does anything. He napped and watched TV and surfed the internet all day, other than making shredded chicken in the Instant Pot. Meanwhile, I made the grocery list, went and did the shopping, put everything away, cut all the veggies, prepped five lunches, made dinner, cleaned the kitchen (twice), did all the laundry, etc. I’m frustrated. I’m also horrible at difficult discussions, so I just sit here and be mad and don’t say anything. But something’s gotta give. I don’t have a choice to lose weight. Sure wish he was being more helpful. :|

If the meals are for you and not him (meaning your weight loss), then make them for you, and tell him this week is FFY Fend For Yourself. Give him a loaf of bread PPJ/Jam. If I had someone who meal prepped for me, I'd let her/him. He may not be that interested in your journey (which has gone on 2 years) or what he eats. he might be happy with PPJ all week....just a thought.
  • IsETHome
    aragalen wrote: »
    IsETHome wrote: »
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    OK, time to rock a new month!

SW: 220
    CW: 205
    GW for September: 200
    GW ultimate: 145

Hmmm. well not as good as I hoped. I keep fluctuating between 205 and 206, despite limiting calories to just under 1200 daily. I wonder if I should drop down to 1000 calories daily until I break this plateau? I wouldn't worry so much except my cardiologist would like to see my weight go down (I have congestive heart failure diagnosed this past May). Guess I'll just keep on trying!

Please do not drop your calories further. Plateaus can last 4 weeks. As long as you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.

Ask yourself if you're measuring everything. Are you using a food scale? Are you choosing the correct entries in the database?

Please be patient. I'd hate to see you trigger a health issue because your calories were too low. 💟

I had an 6-8 weekplateau eating 1100-1200 cals a day. I do aim for 1100 cals a day, occasionally 1000, ocassionally 1400. I gain weight earring over 1500 as I have a slow metabolism. My weight loss is prob .5-.75 a week now that I have lost 17% of my weight and am now at 195 +/- 1. it was more rapid the first 4-5 months now, more slowly. If you do 1000, you can’t eat any bad stuff all, has to be very very deliberate and nutritious. Recommend Reducing by 50 cals a day for a week and start rechecking labels and measures.....figure out if there is something higher creeping in. Like do you measure coffee creamer, exact tablespoons, portion size estimates. All cooking oils, etc. Are you counting calories in multi vitamins (gummies, fish oil etc).

Well, I use the MyFitnessPal food tracker pretty faithfully! And try to account for all of my calorie intake. I do have to limit fluids to 64 oz. daily. I have been increasing my daily walks to 60 minutes medium pace (between 2-2.5 mph). I think I just need to be patient, and give it more time. If I stay stuck into next month I may talk with my doctor/cardiologist and get their advice.

64 oz may not be enough.....with increased exercise. My plateau was also with careful tracking.

• IsETHome
    missyouhoo wrote: »
    SW: 258.8
    CW:258.0
    GW: 180

Welcome....you can do it. have you set some weekly goals
  • Sanriohippie
    Sanriohippie Posts: 76 Member
    Hard work paid off!!
    I met my August goal,even got an NSV of fitting into a booth!

Goal in September is to run atleast a half mile everyday and lose another 5lbs this month.

SW 305
    CW 225
    GW 185

Best of luck ladies! Remember to challenge negative talk!!

Well my damn scale was WAY off by 10 forking pounds😒 So I weighed 235 not 225,but I did see inches off so there’s that ha ha!

SW 305
    CW 229.9 (as of 9/24)
    GW 185

I did meet my goal for September!
    I lost 6lbs from my correct SW
    I am up to 2 miles 5 days a week too!

Unintentional NSV is going from a size 26 to a size 12 in the Torrid formal dress sizes!!

• aragalen
    aragalen Posts: 18 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    OK, time to rock a new month!

SW: 220
    CW: 205
    GW for September: 200
    GW ultimate: 145

Hmmm. well not as good as I hoped. I keep fluctuating between 205 and 206, despite limiting calories to just under 1200 daily. I wonder if I should drop down to 1000 calories daily until I break this plateau? I wouldn't worry so much except my cardiologist would like to see my weight go down (I have congestive heart failure diagnosed this past May). Guess I'll just keep on trying!

Please do not drop your calories further. Plateaus can last 4 weeks. As long as you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.

Ask yourself if you're measuring everything. Are you using a food scale? Are you choosing the correct entries in the database?

Please be patient. I'd hate to see you trigger a health issue because your calories were too low. 💟

I had an 6-8 weekplateau eating 1100-1200 cals a day. I do aim for 1100 cals a day, occasionally 1000, ocassionally 1400. I gain weight earring over 1500 as I have a slow metabolism. My weight loss is prob .5-.75 a week now that I have lost 17% of my weight and am now at 195 +/- 1. it was more rapid the first 4-5 months now, more slowly. If you do 1000, you can’t eat any bad stuff all, has to be very very deliberate and nutritious. Recommend Reducing by 50 cals a day for a week and start rechecking labels and measures.....figure out if there is something higher creeping in. Like do you measure coffee creamer, exact tablespoons, portion size estimates. All cooking oils, etc. Are you counting calories in multi vitamins (gummies, fish oil etc).

Well, I use the MyFitnessPal food tracker pretty faithfully! And try to account for all of my calorie intake. I do have to limit fluids to 64 oz. daily. I have been increasing my daily walks to 60 minutes medium pace (between 2-2.5 mph). I think I just need to be patient, and give it more time. If I stay stuck into next month I may talk with my doctor/cardiologist and get their advice.

64 oz may not be enough.....with increased exercise. My plateau was also with careful tracking.

I'm on a diuretic, so 64 oz. is what I'm allowed by my doctor. :( And I have to be careful not to sweat too much! Ugh.
  • missjck2
    missjck2 Posts: 146 Member
    nicruns wrote: »
    Question for you guys.
    When you're pressed for time, but do go to the gym (just to hop on a piece of equipment to get a a decent sweat in), what's your go-to selection??
    - Stationary bike?
    - Elliptical?
    - Treadmill?
    - Other??

@ nicruns treadmill or elliptical 🙂
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    @ama3387 - what an awesome loss! congratulations
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Deanner03 wrote: »
    I've not been so consistent about logging EVERYTHING I'm eating, and as a result, my loss has slowed. I'm jumping back in.

SW: 281.0
    CW: 196.6
    September goal weight: 193
    Ultimate goal weight: 175 (?)

My goals for this month are to track CONSISTENTLY. It works. I just need to do it.

Currently at 193.5. It's progress. I've been logging much more consistently, but not perfectly, and am still struggling on weekends.
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    edited September 2019
    September 2 :
    September 30 :

My goal is to do the 20 videos that i put in my YouTube exercise playlist. I am doing 5 videos a week ( Monday-Friday.)

Didn't do Wednesday-Fridays videos but i figured getting 31k steps on Tuesday and Wednesday and 40k steps on Thursday makes up for it.
    Plan on getting at least 20k steps today.
  • gabi_texanmom
    edited September 2019
    Hard work paid off!!
    I met my August goal,even got an NSV of fitting into a booth!

Goal in September is to run atleast a half mile everyday and lose another 5lbs this month.

SW 305
    CW 225
    GW 185

Best of luck ladies! Remember to challenge negative talk!!

Well my damn scale was WAY off by 10 forking pounds😒 So I weighed 235 not 225,but I did see inches off so there’s that ha ha!

SW 305
    CW 229.9 (as of 9/24)
    GW 185

I did meet my goal for September!
    I lost 6lbs from my correct SW
    I am up to 2 miles 5 days a week too!

Unintentional NSV is going from a size 26 to a size 12 in the Torrid formal dress sizes!!

OMG - I struggle with my stupid scale every time I use it. I should really just buy a new one! I have to put it in the exact spot every time, or the readings are all off. Then I keep weighing myself until I get the same weight 3 times. LOL

I am wearing the same size with my 20lb weight loss. I wish it was more noticeable.
  • gabi_texanmom
    @MySlimGoals - That is such a good idea! Thank you. Plus my hubby will love the 'project' I give him... any excuse for him to go to tile/cabinet/hardware store. Wait, maybe I'll go myself, he will came back home with a power tool or another shed. :D

I'm always a bit rounder in the midsection, not much of a waistline. I remember weighing 150 and still being a size 12. On the brightside, my closet has size 14 - size 20. I can always go 'shopping' in my own closet when I finally go down a size.
  • SophMadsMom
    SophMadsMom Posts: 9 Member
    Okay. I know I'm a little late to the game.

SW: 271 9/16
    CW: 267 9/26
    GW: 200
    UG: 160
  • gabi_texanmom
    @RavenStCloud - I hope we continue into October???
  • mmccloy12
    mmccloy12 Posts: 151 Member
    @gabi_texanmom I would love to continue in October too! @RavenStCloud will you start a new thread?