Why did you get married?

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    vm007 wrote: »
    Tell me something-

If your man or woman -cheats on you with someone-who's to blame ? the person who was able to seduce them or your partner who succumbed down to that level? What if the seducer was single ? What if seducer wasn't?

The person in the relationship is mostly to blame but if the person they cheat with knows the other person is married, they are wrong too.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    wynnetf wrote: »
    Because I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I’ve questioned my decision many times, but we’ve trudged through life like soldiers and I love her❤️

Very good. I think it's just the normal thing to do. And I don't regret it even after 30 years.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I got married because I wanted to. Plain and simple. My reasons are my own and probably different (if only slightly) from some other person who decided to marry.
  • memurph88
    memurph88 Posts: 102 Member
    Because we love each other and want to be together for life.

People say you can do that without getting married, and YES, you can! But that's not how we roll.
  • heyjude0225
    heyjude0225 Posts: 913 Member
    I'm pretty sure I was drunk...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    For use of the carpool lane.
  • TJ_in_MA
    TJ_in_MA Posts: 28 Member
    While we were dating I suggested we move in together. She said, "not without a ring on my finger." Soooo we got engaged, lived together and got married. In retrospect, I was kinda pressured. Don't do it ladies!
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    TJ_in_MA wrote: »
    While we were dating I suggested we move in together. She said, "not without a ring on my finger." Soooo we got engaged, lived together and got married. In retrospect, I was kinda pressured. Don't do it ladies!

similar story
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

you could have just gotten a giant teddy bear
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 671 Member
    I'm pretty sure that I temporarily lost my mind in a mid-life crisis....... worst idea ever!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

you could have just gotten a giant teddy bear

I tried the ol' Teddy Bear in the car seat trick.....

Carpool lane violation citations start at $365.00.

• BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    vm007 wrote: »
    Basically what I posted in the first post.

I guess I was looking for something which doesn't exist. All the posted answers suggest that it's just a very simple thing. You either do it or not. I just assumed there was something beyond which I didn't understand because I am not married and never had a relationship in a conventional sense. I've had "encounters" and "dates" they were both good and bad. I have memories from them which I cherish. I've had friends good and bad as well. I do not hate anyone or dislike anything- I forgive and move on because I get to learn from everything. After all a situation is good or bad depending on how we perceive it.

Marriage is stupid to me and makes no logical sense but even tho that's how I feel, I know how important it is to women so I married my ex wife to make her happy.

I will never marry again.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    He was the part of me that had always been missing. I was put on this earth to love him and care for him during his battle with ALS. I was blessed to be able to call him my partner, my best friend, my lover and my husband. 💙

This is very sweet. <3
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    I thought everyone on mfp was single? :open_mouth:
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Because I wanted the fairy tale - marriage, house, kids :D