Pizza is my favorite. I work at a pizza place. Help.šŸ˜­

I need support. Someone tell me I can do this.
I've been working there for a month and I've gained 10 lbs because free pizza is offered literally every day and I have no willpower.
At one point I had lost 110 lbs. Now I'm sitting at only 62 lbs lost because I lost my motivation and started gaining it back before I even started working at the pizza place.
I need ideas on healthy/easy snacks and lunches I can take to work w me to help me say no to temptation.

Also yall can feel free to add me!

Replies

• JenMarieD87
    JenMarieD87 Posts: 34 Member
    Bump
  • bedmoy
    bedmoy Posts: 1 Member
    Hey, I literally feel the same! I donā€™t work at a pizza place but my parents make pizza all the time!! And I love it.. Iā€™ve lost 50 lbs but now gained 16 lbs back and itā€™s still going up. I always gain and lose weight so fast because I just canā€™t stop. I know what Iā€™m doing is wrong but I still do it. I either eat perfectly healthy or just junk food. I lost my motivation again and maybe we can be weight loss buddies?šŸ’ŖšŸ»
  • dulcejimenez144
    dulcejimenez144 Posts: 21 Member
    Really it comes to just determination and willpower. I work at a fried chicken restaurant (fav food). Thereā€™s always free food around. Free margaritas/daiquiris/all that good stuff when I mess up a drink. But I say no. Getting into the habit of denying that food helped me a bunch and now itā€™s much easier to do. Try packing a lunch and if you really want pizza, save your calories for when you work.
  • JenMarieD87
    bedmoy wrote: Ā»
    Hey, I literally feel the same! I donā€™t work at a pizza place but my parents make pizza all the time!! And I love it.. Iā€™ve lost 50 lbs but now gained 16 lbs back and itā€™s still going up. I always gain and lose weight so fast because I just canā€™t stop. I know what Iā€™m doing is wrong but I still do it. I either eat perfectly healthy or just junk food. I lost my motivation again and maybe we can be weight loss buddies?šŸ’ŖšŸ»

That's so me. I know I shouldn't and I even hate myself for it at times but I still do it. And it's all or nothing. When I'm in the right mind set to eat healthy and do the right things, I'm not even tempted but once I fall off even a little I'm like a bottomless pit for junk food.šŸ˜­ I'd love to have a weight loss buddy. You can send me a friend request!
  • JenMarieD87
    LyndaBSS wrote: Ā»
    If you're not able to work there and maintain your health, perhaps finding a non food related job is your next step. Good luck!

Trust me I have thought of that but I love my job. I just need to get my motivation back.
  • JenMarieD87
    Bump
  • JenMarieD87
    Bump
  • JenMarieD87
    Lost 5 lbs this week. Yayyy.
  • heyjude0225
    heyjude0225 Posts: 913 Member
    Send all the pizza to me.... boom! Temptation gone!

All jokes aside, you got this!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Pre-log your food for the day and leave room for the pizza.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member
    puffbrat wrote: Ā»
    Pre-log your food for the day and leave room for the pizza.

Seriously, do this. Pizza is the best and since it's consistent you can plan for it. Just make sure it has some form of protein on it and you should still be good to go.

You mention motivation in almost every post in this thread; don't rely on it, it will let you down eventually. Build habits and structure. Approach this with critical thinking and problem solving skills instead of mythical will power and you'll figure out a way to make things work.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    It's probably what you want to hear but getting a new job would help. I too love pizza and could it eat all the time!
  • GetHealth247
    GetHealth247 Posts: 14 Member
    I agree with the above.
  • odette0188
    odette0188 Posts: 8 Member
    If getting a new job isnā€™t an option how about you find a healthy, low cal option. Ask them to make you a pizza thatā€™s healthier? Bring in your own low fat mozzarella or whatever? Or drink 2 pints of water before you eat? Ask for half a pizza? Or a childā€™s portion?
  • 1fitwong
    1fitwong Posts: 34 Member
    edited September 2019
    Make the best of a challenging situation. Donā€™t wait until youā€™re starving to eat and try to make a habit of adding a salad or your favorite veggie toppings to fill you up whenever you have a slice and donā€™t eat any of the crust. Also make a habit of drinking water whenever you can during the whole shift. :)
  • extremeways16
    extremeways16 Posts: 3 Member
    Eat pizza before work?
    I love pizza and I eat Sweet Earth's Veggie Lover's pizza which is only 690 cals for a whole pizza. If you satisfied your pizza craving before hand, you might be less tempted to eat it at work.
    It's like grocery shopping on an empty stomach.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Most pizza places offer salad. Take it easy on the dressing.
    Pizza is so good, I could eat every day šŸ¤Ŗ