Let’s talk about our cats!

Replies

• mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    My cat loves sandwiches. I had one the other day and she kept trying to get to me but the gf kept picking her up and putting her on her cat tree instead. This went on for a few rounds until she finally started to think about different strategies. She tried reasoning with the gf to no avail. She tried multiple routes to no avail. Our favorite attempt was when she acted like she was going to eat out of her own food bowl but then she was like 'sike!' and came over to my sandwich. This time when she was placed on the cat tree she tore that mofo up in a tantrum. We were laughing the whole time watching her little brain work.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    My cats like to pretend like they don't like my seven year old, yet every time he goes to school, ALL THREE of them climb into his bed and nap all day. They don't nap on my bed anymore.
  • clord2
    clord2 Posts: 413 Member
    my cat is sitting on the window sill making barking sounds at the birds who come to the tree. Definitely more of a bark sound then a meow.

Mine kind of chatter at the birds they watch in the window
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    s1p0xpobhazt.jpeg

this is a cat pic i saved this AM

thinking of getting another kitten bc its about time for me to follow in the footsteps of my ancestors and begin transition to bitter old blind cat lady

I was just sent this a little while ago and your cat/octopus picture reminded me of it. p0wcyqvg3q0a.jpeg
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    mtndewme wrote: »
    s1p0xpobhazt.jpeg

this is a cat pic i saved this AM

thinking of getting another kitten bc its about time for me to follow in the footsteps of my ancestors and begin transition to bitter old blind cat lady

I was just sent this a little while ago and your cat/octopus picture reminded me of it. p0wcyqvg3q0a.jpeg

Props for Lovecraft references.
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    I have a nearly 16 year old Tortie named Loki. She's the cutest *kitten* ever. She loves screaming in the middle of the night, walking across my face while I sleep, and knocking all my stuff off the nightstand while I try to sleep. I want to hate it but then in the morning she comes and head boops me and cuddles me and I forget how annoying she is.
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    We were adopted by a stray a few days ago. He’s morally opposed to either selfies or my face

l37915o8vudb.jpeg

s7g49pdq243d.jpeg

xfn39aom26ih.jpeg

d0cd8r5yzjh2.jpeg

8v2pw9klekm9.jpeg

z1kf4wv6mc32.jpeg

He put his booty in your face, that means he loves it.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    We were adopted by a stray a few days ago. He’s morally opposed to either selfies or my face

l37915o8vudb.jpeg

s7g49pdq243d.jpeg

xfn39aom26ih.jpeg

d0cd8r5yzjh2.jpeg

8v2pw9klekm9.jpeg

z1kf4wv6mc32.jpeg

He put his booty in your face, that means he loves it.

His booty could use a bath 🤓
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    I love cats! I have 3 and they're all wonderful! One of mine, Penny, has the soul of a puppy and likes to snuggle at any chance. Our other one, Frida, has the soul of an angsty artist (hence her namesake, Frida Kahlo), and our third, Mary, likes to follow us around all over, up and down the stairs, and she is a hobbit cat. Short stubby legs, long(er) haired, and even long hair growing out the bottom of her feet :laugh: This makes her slip and slide on our hardwood floors too :lol:

All of our cats have the weirdest meows too lol. I love them so much! :love:
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    clord2 wrote: »
    my cat is sitting on the window sill making barking sounds at the birds who come to the tree. Definitely more of a bark sound then a meow.

Mine kind of chatter at the birds they watch in the window

Mine do this too!! I had never heard it before, and I thought something was wrong and took her to the vet :laugh:

They laughed at me at the vet and told me she's fine and explained how cats do that, and sent me on my way lol.
  • MichelleWithMoxie

l37915o8vudb.jpeg

s7g49pdq243d.jpeg

xfn39aom26ih.jpeg

d0cd8r5yzjh2.jpeg

8v2pw9klekm9.jpeg

z1kf4wv6mc32.jpeg

omg!!! this is the BEST! :love: :heart:
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    @caco_ethes I hope it doesn’t have tape worms because one could have crawled up your nose
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    When I left all four cats were squeezed onto the window sill staring at me. I think they were planning something.
  • Alia_R
    Alia_R Posts: 410 Member
    I've always wanted to a adopt a cat of my own; my sister and my mom have one of their own. I LOVE CATS.
    If I get one, I want a short-haired grey one and name it "Church" (Any Stephen King lovers will get this one :wink: )
  • Brennablu
    Brennablu Posts: 4 Member
    I have 4 cats, more or less. Jasmine is the oldest. She will be 10 years old on Monday. I raised her on a bottle after her mother deserted her and her brothers and sisters. She is beautiful and the queen of our place.
    We have 3 kittens that my grandchildren brought home and I love them, too.
    There is at least 1 more kitten, but he is not tame yet. He hides in the bushes and only comes out to eat and watch us and the other cats. I'm sure he will tame down with time.
    There are other cats that we feed, but they do not officially belong to us.
    And that's all for now!
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    I have a nearly 16 year old Tortie named Loki. She's the cutest *kitten* ever. She loves screaming in the middle of the night, walking across my face while I sleep, and knocking all my stuff off the nightstand while I try to sleep. I want to hate it but then in the morning she comes and head boops me and cuddles me and I forget how annoying she is.

My girl is 16 and she does these things too. Very annoying but can never be mad at her.