Jp's omad journey

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    UUUGH yes. Asian culture and their obsession with looks and not being afraid AT ALL to comment on it. I'm used to it obviously since I grew up hearing it all the time, but my mom even commented on an inlaw's weight once... TO HIS FACE. She wasn't trying to be rude or anything (you know how it is.. they're just sort of matter of fact about it), but telling someone "Oh you gained a lot of weight!"... really mom? Really?? You've been living in the US now for almost 40 years and you still don't know to NOT say things like that? lol
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    *wow* just wow.......JP glad you are not being affected by it now......
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    :cry: that all makes me so sad - I totally get the cultural thing, but being loving and kind is SO IMPORTANT imo - you never know how words will affect someone. Glad you got through it babe...you're a strong person! :)

PS a size 8 is NOT too big! YOU JUST AIM FOR WHATEVER MAKES YOUUUUUUUUU COMFORTABLE!!!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    @LiLee2018 - I know what you mean :lol: Mom has been here for more than 50 years but Mom is still Mom. Nothing will change her... :lol: Is your Mom still like that or she has tone down a little?
  • jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - No worries :)
  • jadepearl
    edited September 2019
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thank you <3 All my cousins experience the same old same old thing since we were young. I guess all of us just got use to it. I promised myself that I will never ever do this to my kids but I am kind of surprise that a lot of my cousins are behaving like their Moms :( Oh well, I will just loose weight slow and steady :smiley:
  • jadepearl
    edited September 2019
    Y2W10
    CW:53.6 kg (117.9 lbs)
    Next weigh-in : 28 or 29 Sep 2019

Good evening OMADers <3

We have a PH today..believe it or not, the AFL Grand Final holiday is the newest public holiday in the state of Victoria since 2015. However, DH and I still work today as we need to put food on the table for our family.

Today, I OMAD at around 12.30pm. I have been craving for Kimchi Ramen for the past few days and I gave in and had it with egg and napa cabbage. According to the Doc, I should stay away from instant noodles but... its sooooooooo hard! :( So, I guess I will just have to limit myself but still pamper myself once a while...aren't I naughty? :blush: Finished off my OMAD with apples and Arnott's Mint Slice Cookie. Total calories - 1077. I also managed to zumba for 30 mins and I couldn't do it any longer as I had a cramp (left leg) while doing zumba...strange, huh? :disappointed: As for liquid intake, finished my 2L bottle of water, 3/4 pot of tea and 2 diet soda.

Oh...talking about sizes, when I was at my cousin's wedding, my US cousin (she is from Michigan) who flew in for the wedding and also for her 2 weeks vacation were talking about how confusing it is when she went out to buy clothes with her Mom. She said that wanted to buy some jeans as its so cheap over here but she couldn't fit into our AUS Size 6 as she is a US size 0. Only now I realize that a US size 0 is very very tiny. A US size 2 is our AUS size 6. So, now my cousins are gearing to get into a US size 0. As for little old me, I was informed by my Michigan cousin that a AUS size 8 is a US size 4. So...now I know. Wow, I don't think I will ever be able to get into a US size 0...its just sooooooo small. :open_mouth:

I really really hope that I can see some weight loss for tomorrow's weigh-in.... fingers cross!

Have a wonderful weekend <3
  • LiLee2018
    Oh man.. I didn't even realize our sizes are different. A US size 4 is TINY!!! I can't believe your family was giving you sh-t and you're that small!

And hey.. enjoy those noodles every once in a while :) Make the ramen extra special somehow and enjoy the heck out of it! Sounds yummy!

I swear my mother's accent has gotten thicker as she ages lol. As for her comments, they actually have tamed down some. Still very VERY blunt and direct though.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Yes size 4 is SUPER small....even at my SMALLEST I could barely squeeze into a 6!!! I"m floating around a 10 right now...8 would be better for my head, but really ONLY FOR MY HEAD!!! Visibly it probably wouldn't make a difference honestly...size 4 is minuscule, you're fine boo ;)
  • jadepearl
    @LiLee2018 - Thank you❤️ Wish my family will think like so too but now that my cousins know about size 0 and 00, it all they think about. My Mom has never changed one bit🙄 Even my kids know her and just ignore her when she says mean things🙄
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thank you❤️ I am not going around chasing for size 0 or 00. For me, once I hit 50kg as per my Doc, I will start my maintenance stage. At the rate I am going, I hope to achieve that by Dec this year🤞🤞🤞
  • jadepearl
    Y2W11
    CW:54kg

Good evening OMAD-ers ❤️

First of all, I gained 0.4kg when I weigh-in this morning😳 Am meeting my US Aunty and cousin in Melb this weekend, so eating normal again. Haven't met them for ages. My Aunt met her US hubby here and when they got married, they went back to the US. I only met my US cousin IRL 3x but we do FB, WhatsApp, etc. I thought my US Aunt would be different but, nope, she is just like my Mom😔 I am happy that I do not take diet pills like my cousins as I don't believe in them and I believe it will destroy my body. Its funny to see all my cousins eating their diet pills before their meals during the wedding.

For OMAD today, my kids wanted KFC. So, we had their Family Feast. I ate 1 wing and 1 chicken thigh, a couple of fries, coleslaw, 1 dinner roll and Pepsi max. Also, got some grapes from Coles. Total calories around 1210.

yfne5vm3lzx4.jpg

Have a wonderful weekend and wish me luck for my Melb trip❤️

• jadepearl
    Well... my US cousin decided to visit me and travel down to Melb together. So, Mom decided to take the whole family to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. Here goes my OMAD😬😔 I also realised that my US cousin takes diet pills before each meal too. She asked me if I forgot to bring my pill pack along and I told her that I don't take diet pills and she casually said... No wonder you look like that. 😒😑 That got the ball rolling and Mom said that I should start taking diet pills. I told her that my Doctor is 100% against it as I have health issues. She left me alone after that as my Aunt kept asking her about my health issues😂😂😂 So, in the end my total calories is roughly 1250. I only managed to zumba 30 mins. My water intake is pretty low too as I was out the whole day🙄😒

So, we will be travelling down to Melb tomorrow, roughly 3 hours drive. See you guys on Monday... sure hope I won't gain too much weight. Oh well, will OMAD once I get back home🏡👍
  • LiLee2018
    Yikes. I'm so sorry your family is so obsessed to the point of taking diet pills. That's just so unhealthy. I'm glad you've found your own way though that is much healthier than that.
    You keep doing you and being awesome.
  • jadepearl
    @LiLee2018 - No worries☺️ Its quite normal to take diet pills over here. That's why these companies are making tons of money🤑 But, I ain't giving them a single cent😝🤣 Are diet pills popular and in demand over there in the US?
  • LiLee2018
    Honestly I have no idea. I hope not, but I wouldn't doubt it.
  • jadepearl
    edited September 2019
    @LiLee2018 - It's great to hear that you are not into diet pills either👍 It's really not good for your health.
  • jadepearl
    edited September 2019
    Good evening OMAD-ers 😘

Had a wonderful time with my US relatives and my family in Melb even though here and there they commented about my weight, my size, my eating, etc.

I didn't OMAD and I ate normal. Lots of food photos coming up. I really don't know how one can live like this - 3-4 diet pills before eating. In one day, she ate nearly 12 pills😮😯 Not only that, my cousin shared all meals with me.

Mom brought us to a Chinese Restaurant and these are some of the food we had:
    y5lxe3x86vyv.jpg

e7oweeoojksh.jpg

b8ccv0w3dyqx.jpg

This is what I shared with my cousin as she wanted more meat and no rice for her:

w1eyzb7r4t63.jpg

Will upload more in my next post😊

• jadepearl
    For dinner, Mom brought us to a Sri Lankan place as my Aunt wanted Indian food:

j1c0pp0jem75.jpg

oxsglo593uju.jpg

ngqn9jrzeqhu.jpg

9vszdpdpcas2.jpg

I shared the Biryani Chicken with my cousin. It was yummy 😋👍

• jadepearl
    Today before we headed home, Mom brought us to a Japanese restaurant as my cousin wanted something Japanese:

egfsv66cwnbx.jpg

21b0gs6ivg6f.jpg

cjd1twtq0nfg.jpg

bi2v9q2m85w9.jpg

rin7e0xn8yzm.jpg

My kids had Korean Fried Chicken and jam donuts:

6vetqpf4mn8p.jpg

caj5y4oqzzo5.jpg

I think I have gained lots and lots of weight😢🙄 but I know with OMAD, I will loose the weight easily👍😁

So, now I am back home, will be climbing up the OMAD wagon tomorrow onwards👍😁

Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend ❤️😘