Protein Donuts using your favorite protein pancake mix

123457»

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I didn't even know protein pancake mix was a thing lol. :D Now I want some.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    4tu7set5mzl9.jpg

Managed to get 11 this time...whipping it for a long time sure helped
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    Omg I’ve gotta try this 😳
  • PAPYRUS3
    8 calories each this time - certainly not as 'substantial' as ones filling the doughnut molds til 'full'. Added a tbsp. of cocoa powder this time too. I keep under baking them...silly me
    airrds9pjjvx.jpg
  • PAPYRUS3
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    8 calories each this time - certainly not as 'substantial' as ones filling the doughnut molds til 'full'. Added a tbsp. of cocoa powder this time too. I keep under baking them...silly me
    airrds9pjjvx.jpg

ok to underbake... just pop them into the toaster before eating. Also, if you use frosting, it spreads easier on warm donuts.

Yes...I usually put in toaster - even if I've actually baked them properly lol...

I'm still not tired of these and have made countless batches - glad you posted :)
  • PAPYRUS3
    edited September 2019
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    And a snack. These are whipped with xanthan gum. Not like my orinal recipe, more like angel cake, but makes double the amount. Win win haha.

for38mywmddz.jpg

sk3p03zh79zd.jpg

They really held the rise! Love making these things. That's how I've been making mine (whipping the xanthum with the egg whites). Then I fold sifted 'flour' type items in after.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Just made these but forgot to add the almond milk. Duh! They still rose nicely. One question though - at which point and to what do you add the almond milk. To the dry ingredients before you fold into the egg whites?
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Thanks very much for the help. Now planning the next flavour!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Thank you guys so much. Have definitely been missing out. Going to try these recipes and sate my deprived sweet tooth that searches every night for something.