Just bought and INSTANT POT

kelleyhelm1
kelleyhelm1 Posts: 80 Member
Hey,
I just bought and instant pot to make it easier for me to make meals quickly. Im a very busy person and I dont have a lot of spare time. Im looking for recipes I can make in bulk or even just for one. If anyone has Ideas or simple recipes and care to share, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Kelley

Ps im allergic to Zucchini.

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I don’t have an instant pot, but Pinterest and All recipes are my go to sites for recipes. Skinny Taste too. I do know there are a lot of instant pot recipes on those sites.
    I made pork carnitas in my slow cooker yesterday. As I was cleaning it, I noticed a crack in the crock bottom both inside and outside so I’m in the market for an instant pot.
  • kelleyhelm1
    I don’t have an instant pot, but Pinterest and All recipes are my go to sites for recipes. Skinny Taste too. I do know there are a lot of instant pot recipes on those sites.
    I made pork carnitas in my slow cooker yesterday. As I was cleaning it, I noticed a crack in the crock bottom both inside and outside so I’m in the market for an instant pot.

its worth it so far for me. I love cabbage but hate how long it takes to cook. I made keilbasa cabbage the other day in 15 minutes. it was fantastic.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    My favorites in my instant pot:
    Meatballs, both Italian and BBQ are good
    Pulled chicken to then make chicken tacos
    Cajun pork loin

I found recipes on pinterest and then I tweak them to suit our tastes

And making hard boiled eggs is much easier in the instant pot!
  • kelleyhelm1

how do you do this? ive heard it was easier but thats all people say. they wont say how.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member

how do you do this? ive heard it was easier but thats all people say. they wont say how.

Cup of water in the pot, put the eggs on the rack, manual pressure for 6 minutes, quick release. That's its, easy peasy! For a softer boiled egg just cut the time down a bit.
  • kelleyhelm1
    Cup of water in the pot, put the eggs on the rack, manual pressure for 6 minutes, quick release. That's its, easy peasy! For a softer boiled egg just cut the time down a bit.

HEY THANKS
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 501 Member

Just bought one at Costco last week for $69... best price I have seen think sale ends today.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    My Instant Pot just cooks beans.
  • What’s an instant pot? Is that like a pressure cooker as we call them here in the UK?
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    What’s an instant pot? Is that like a pressure cooker as we call them here in the UK?

Yes it's a pressure cooker.

• kelleyhelm1
    Instant pot is a brand here in the United States. And yes one of its functions is a pressure cooker.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    I love my electric pressure cooker. It's a Phillips brand one. Very similar to the Instant pot.
    This site is excellent https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/
  • mw43230
    mw43230 Posts: 11 Member
    edited October 2019
    black beans and chicken is ready in about 45 mins. dry black beans, frozen chicken, chopped onion, garlic, your fav taco seasoning (spice island is my fav), canned tomatoes if you have them, enough stock to cook the beans according to the package. when it's done shred the chicken with two forks. lots of protein and fiber, low cal for as full as you'll feel. Ideally it's a thick stew consistency. Eat it in a bowl or scoop it out with a slotted spoon and make tacos. top with fresh jalapeno, sour cream or yogurt. Can be vegan easily enough. Spice it heavily. I set my insta for 30-35 mins on high, let the steam mostly release on it's own.
  • mw43230
    mw43230 Posts: 11 Member
    edited October 2019
    this recipe is literally the *kitten*. I made it for a dinner party and there wasn't a single bit left. easy and delicious. https://pinchofyum.com/instant-pot-korean-beef-tacos.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    I've had my IP for a couple of weeks and have only done hard boiled eggs and oatmeal, so far. I did purchase a separate cookbook with it. I also joined a couple of instant pot groups on Facebook. One of them is a healthy instant pot recipe group. If you are on Facebook, think about joining one or 2!
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    Poach chicken breast in IP - 5 cups cold water, salt, chicken breast. High pressure for 0 minutes and natural release. 3 ounces of chicken and 1 ounce of pepper jack is an awesome snack.

Broccoli in IP - 1 cup water, steamer basket, 0 minutes high pressure, quick release.

pressurecookrecipes.com They have the only chili recipe I can get my whole family to eat and it's easy to tweak.

yummly.com Just search pressure cooker or instant pot for a billion recipes.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    hmhill17 wrote: »

yummly.com Just search pressure cooker or instant pot for a billion recipes.

Thanks for this link, that's a great site😎
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Any kind of soup or stew I'm pulling out the IP. Makes great red lentil soup very quickly.
  • lvalente1
    lvalente1 Posts: 17 Member
    My favorite is risotto. I add lots of vegetables to it...mmmmmm