All or nothing

Well here I go again got to get my life on track. Starting on Monday I plan on starting to eat healthy exercising regularly and I plan on giving up smoking. I've never wanted to give up smoking until recently I've been having a little trouble breathing and hearing myself wheezing a little bit. Seems like kind of a lot to do all at once but I've kind of always been a all-or-nothing kind of person. I'm hoping to maybe make some friends on here find people that can motivate and hold me accountable and I do the same for them as well if they would like. So here goes everything. Stay happy and healthy y'all. 😉

Replies

• moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    I totally understand the all or nothing mindset! Good luck on your new adventure! Do you have a game plan for quitting smoking? Both my parents successfully did it - totally different approaches. This was 25+ years ago so a lot has changed, so many more options, but my dad found a list of cigarettes based on nicotine content and worked his way down, eventually weaning himself off. My mom went to hypnosis, cold turkey.

I had the mindset a couple weeks ago to suck it up and just do it. MFP gave me a concrete thing to work towards and I am going strong! We went out one night, I ate crap food and said “Tomorrow, this changes!”

And it did!