Hello from TX!

I am newly retired (at 53, a bit early to take care of my Mom). I am excited to let go of the 24/7/365 work. I worked 31 years and feel like it's the perfect time to learn to love and care for myself and my family. I am a self professed workaholic, so this is a major change and I am a bit terrified at the moment, but I know I can do this! Would love some friends for mutual support on the journey!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I lived in GP for several years. I'm home, retired, all that. Stay busy and active.
  • SnuffleUpaGal
    SnuffleUpaGal Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you! It's been busy so far :smile:
  • starbound2001
    starbound2001 Posts: 22 Member
    Hey hey, H-town here. Well, actually we recently moved out of the city, but I still commute during the work week, so I feel justified in claiming as home :)

Retirement is a huge step. I wish you great peace in your new lifestyle.
  • SnuffleUpaGal
    SnuffleUpaGal Posts: 7 Member
    Hey hey, H-town here. Well, actually we recently moved out of the city, but I still commute during the work week, so I feel justified in claiming as home :)

Retirement is a huge step. I wish you great peace in your new lifestyle.

Thank you for the well wishes! Taking it a day at a time :smile:
  • dds1068
    dds1068 Posts: 3 Member
    Beaumont area! I’m 51 and would love to retire but don’t see that happening any time soon. Lol
  • starbound2001
    starbound2001 Posts: 22 Member
    dds1068 wrote: »
    Beaumont area! I’m 51 and would love to retire but don’t see that happening any time soon. Lol

Hey, small world. I’m originally from the Golden Triangle. Graduated from Lamar
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    Best of luck to you in your early retirement. Any hobbies that you now have time to dive into?

Hello to all other Texas folks! I'm from Houston, and work in the Baytown area.
  • TxGrl832
    TxGrl832 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi There. 52 and a Texas native. Currently in San Antonio! You can do this!
  • pammie824
    pammie824 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 65 and still working part-time in H-town. You can do this. Plan out your day every morning, even your exercise.