WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    Is there a way to copy an entry from one day to the next (you don't lose it on the first day)

Michele in NC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    edited September 2019
    exermom wrote: »
    Is there a way to copy an entry from one day to the next (you don't lose it on the first day)

Michele in NC

Michele - go to "quick tools" at the bottom of each meal section in the food diary. You can copy a meal from the day before and even a week or so prior. Sometimes at the end of the day I will open tomorrow's diary and copy over all the meals I had today.

Of course you can add/delete/change quantities.

Debby in VA - love all of those pumpkins and a gourds and a glimpse of your beautiful country side. ☺

I think our Tracey in Edmonton has winter weather. Highs near freezing if I recall.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    edited September 2019
    Lanette - yes, now I remember! Gotta jog this old brain of mine.

That must be how I saved a meal, too!

Thanks
    Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :)Michele, When you want to add a food to a meal, you click on "Add Food" below the meal name. Then you can choose among things on your lists of Recent, My Foods, My Meals, or Recipes. If you can't find the food on any of your lists, then put the food name in the search box and MFP will give you lots of choices from their database and you can choose one of them. You can change the quantity or weight to match your serving.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    Calories burned as counted by my fitness watch are much less than calories burned according to this site. Which do you take and how do you enter that?

MFP is quite generous with exercise calories, therefore many of us adjust them, or only use a small proportion of them.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10766642/women-ages-50-for-october-2019/p1?new=1

:) Since it is already October in a significant area of the world, I just posted the new thread for October. I hope to see all of you there soon.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    KarenVA I’m waving to you as we drive past Richmond VA.

On our last nite in comfy hotel before heading home tomorrow. Love using hotel gyms while I’m on trips—

NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2019
    NYKAREN c0139.gif

Debby in VA Gorgeous fall produce. Loved the photos!

Vicki GI My wording was confusing. What I meant to say was my stepdaughter's husband does not want my stepdaughter & the children to stay in France. He is not welcome there and doesn't like the fact that his parents have welcomed his family (minus him) with such open arms. I don't know that he has any recourse, though, other than pressuring my stepdaughter to come back to the US. She wants to apply for an extension of her visa. The kids are thriving in France with their European grandparents & cousins.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    I found that list under “my foods”. But I don’t see any way to add to it.

Also, I’m trying to enter my dinner for tomorrow. It keeps telling me that an entry like mine is in the database, but I don’t see it, not in the database, not under “my foods”, nowhere. HELP!!!

Michele in NC

Are you using your phone or a computer?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member

Michele in NC

Yes.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Nighty night ladies tomorrow in ct we wake up to over 100 new taxes.. sweet mother of mercy.. people are leaving in droves
  • Very tired and lots of aches today so took a day off, added MSM and Quercetin to my smoothy and that helped a lot. Also got Hemp protein, probiotics and red rice yeast mixed into my vitamins (to go in smoothy) for future. I haven't been getting enough protein and suspect that's why I'm so tired - thus the hemp protein. I tasted it raw and it was yummy, so I think i'm going to like it in the smoothy. Fun day for hiking gear! Today my latest eBay finds arrived. Mountain Hardware jacket and Vasque hiking shoes. The Vasques are for less challenging hiking than I was doing last week. They are sturdier than mountain running shoes but less sturdy than my Merrill hiking shoe. Tomorrow I'll try them out on an easier trail (there is snow on my usual trail, but I think it will thaw later this week). Got a crazy low price on the Vasques, so I hope I like them. They were highly recommended on a hiking site. My bamboo liner socks also came, they are to go on before I put on my wool socks. I love bamboo socks. Again, a great buy on eBay from a company I've bought from before.
  • gingerbeericecold
    gingerbeericecold Posts: 23 Member
    edited September 2019
    Debby your produce is gorgeous! I want some of those acorn squash right now!
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Barbie's begun our new thread, we'll see you over there!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10766642/women-ages-50-for-october-2019#latest

For all those who are here, please come over and join us as September departs, and October begins!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    95f1smiqogri.jpeg
  • Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Rho - thank you for the food scale suggestion. Etekcity has some nice features such as a removable bowl.

The one I chose from Amazon didn't come with a bowl . . .
    https://amazon.com/Etekcity-ESN00-Nutrition-Counting-Bluetooth/dp/B07FCZSC41/ref=zg_bs_678508011_40?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=S8P73EGJFJ1FD59FGNXJ