Favourite food you've discovered recently

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I should have posted this in the Recipe Swap section but I thought it kind of fit in here!....make some and enjoy it!....
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I should have posted this in the Recipe Swap section but I thought it kind of fit in here!....make some and enjoy it!....

You can post it here and there. It is not like we are that formal here.
  • conniewilkins56
    BEANS!.....I added a few recipes in the Recipe section!
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    @conniewilkins56 I'm with you on the beans.. I've been loving black beans lately
  • NovusDies
    I have been really wanting some beans but I like them rather salty and I have been trying to avoid that until I finish making weight. They are on my list though.
  • conniewilkins56
    Rinse canned beans in water and it removes a lot of the sodium
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    I buy no salt black beans and rinse them as well.
  • NovusDies
    That is the thing. I don't think I want to try eating lower sodium beans. I like them salty. That is just not good surgery weight goal management for me at the moment. I just got over a 14 pound water retention and I am in no mood for another this close to the date. I will eat them very soon though!
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    I am excited to try something new - a fancy ($10) peeling gadget that spiral cuts veggies in a noodle-like shape. There are several zucchini that will get that treatment at dinner prep tonight, in lieu of pasta.
  • conniewilkins56
    I love spiral vegetables...the “ zoodles “ you are making are good and I love the butternut squash ones, too!
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    I love spiral vegetables...the “ zoodles “ you are making are good and I love the butternut squash ones, too!

Q: How do you cut the butternut squash to fit the gadget? Is a wedge shape acceptable? the zucchini zoodles are a no-brainer, as would be yellow squash, I think.
  • conniewilkins56
    I really don’t know...I buy the frozen butternut squash ones lol....but I would think a long wedge would work....I put cinnamon and a T of brown sugar on the frozen ones and put in microwave about ten or twelve minutes....one pkg is plenty for my husband and me...
  • I use the spiralizer for zucchini, yellow squash. I use a peeler for carrots. Then I blanch them in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes. Then combine with precooked RAO’s spaghetti sauce with no added sugar, and ground turkey meat.
  • conniewilkins56
    Sounds good!
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Salmon sashimi. Forgot how much I love raw salmon. Low in calories. Full of protein. My favourite thing at the moment.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    shredded cabbage is my go to when I want to bulk up a meal. Great in a stir fry. I use it instead of lettuce for salad or tacos.
  • conniewilkins56
    Eggs.....I am not a big breakfast eater and I don’t eat many eggs....never fried or poached......but today I made egg salad and only used 2 boiled eggs,2 T relish, 2 T lite mayo, 1/4 c diced celery, 1/4 c diced onion, a squirt of mustard, salt and pepper....I was astonished at Rhee amount of egg salad it made......I had it on a plain bed of lettuce and for 250 ( about ) calories it was very filling........

I make tuna and chicken salad the same way....lots of crunchy celery and onions to make a big portion!

You could also stuff a large tomatoe with these salads....

Enjoy!
  • conniewilkins56
    Should say THE amount not Rhee.....
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Tomato stuffed egg/tuna salad sounds amazing - deffo on my list for this week. Thanks @conniewilkins56
  • conniewilkins56
    I love to shop for food, prep,prepare and serve it....anything you need a recipe for, I can probably find a lighter, healthier version for you!....my family doesn’t know they are eating healthier most of the time!....tomorrow I am making little graham shell tarts with pistachio pudding filling in them with cool whip on top!