LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Ibuprofen and eating helped.
    It's like before... the cold was just peaking around the corner a little. But then once it realized it had been spotted it said "F IT!" and just charged and tackled me lol.
    Good times!
    Lets see...
    Broke fast after I posted earlier around 11:30 w/ a coffee half and half and monk fruit and a cup of kimchi.
    Then at around 1:30 I had some grilled chicken breast no skin (b/c I ate it the night before :P lol) w/ some hot sauce and another cup of kimchi.
    And now I just got done with dinner.
    Keeping it all within my range so had about a cup and a half of kimchi and a salad
    salad- romaine lettuce, tomato, cauliflower, pickled jalapeno, 1 avocado, oil & vinegar based 'Italian' dressing.
    And a low carb yogurt to finish my day of eating.
    I MIGHT have a square of 85% chocolate later but meh.. that will only add a few more calories and carbs so not a big deal.

Right now calories is sitting at about 1300.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Oh no, sure hope you are falling sick🤞🤞🤞 I love that water bottle of yours and it looks like it bigger than my 2L bottle. You are doing awesome in your calories👍 You will surely see some loss on your next weigh-in 👌😊😉
  • jadepearl
    I mean NOT falling sick... never like using my phone as it has a mind of its own. My apologies
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hope you are doing better!!

Love your super cute waterbottle :)

Allergies here have been super insane because we have had the massive heat and no rain :(.....
  • LiLee2018
    Yeah it hasn't rained here... I think since that hurricane (Dorian?) skirted us. Maybe once? since then, but nothing else. All the plants are crispy outside.
    It's supposed to be cooling off by this weekend. We usually have a pretty rainy fall and it's much needed right now.

Oh I'm beyond the point of "might be sick" and well in to the "totally miserably sick" lol.
    It's just a cold though at least.

So water intake yesterday was great. I had like 2 or 3 diet sodas along w/ my coffee and drank the entire gallon of water.
    This cold is making me super thirsty w/ the mouth breathing drying out my mouth and my nose hoarding all the moisture from my body to mass produce snot right now lol.

Honestly, I don't think I'm going to OMAD this week. I am jonesing for my warm cup of coffee right now b/c of this stupid cold. I might hold off on actually eating anything until later, but I'm having my coffee in the morning until I get over this first little hump in the cold.
    Will still be keeping track of calories though! :)
    I think I'll have a bone broth day one day this week. That will be nice w/ this stuffy nose. Add a ton of pepper to the broth and help clear my nose up for at least a second lol.

And I think being in maintenance is what kept my hair from falling out b/c it has starting coming out like it had been. Great :\
    But I guess at least I know that once I get to maintenance, it will stop and hopefully? grow back.

Getting to maintenance is going to be a PITA though. I'm UP almost 3lbs this morning. Water retention from the cold most likely? Obviously not 3lbs of fat since I've been in a caloric deficit, so I'm not worried about it.

• volgirl1322
    Oh dear!!! Hope you get to feeling better soon.....I am sure you have water retention ---hopefully it will get off your body soon too.......

When you are sick do what makes you feel better don't worry about OMAD --you will get back to it when you feel like it...

Sending you hugs <3<3
  • jadepearl
    It might just be that your body is holding the water... btw, did you take a lot of salt? That will make your body retain the water. Hang in there, the whoosh will come soon 👍😉
  • LiLee2018
    I did eat a TON of kimchi yesterday.. It doesn't taste too salty, but I know it usually is by how it's made.
    I did have a heck of a coffee poop and feel like that was probably a lot of those 3lbs lol.

I just had lunch. More kimchi w/ half a sam's club rotisserie chicken Or well not half of it. Didn't eat the breast. Still up to 700 cal so far though.
    Think dinner tonight will be sauted veggies. Brussel sprouts, zucchini, mushrooms in butter. Yuuuuum.

Anywho... I'm ok though. Cold is kicking my butt right now, but I think not fasting is helping a little. I mean.. fasting might help, but not worrying about it is helping mentally lol.
  • LiLee2018
    Well... Dinner was supposed to be lower calories... And then the brussel sprouts sucked up 3tbs of butter and left none for the zucchini and mushrooms so I had to use another for those. 4tbs of butter = 400 calories! Good grief.
    AND I didn't even cook the brussel sprouts enough so they were still a bit too tough and now my jaw hurts from chewing those dang things lol.

Total calories today... About 1500.
    /Grumble
    Not making that mistake again
  • jadepearl
    It might be the kimchi...however, lots and lots of water will flush the salt out :+1: Don't be too hard on yourself..you will see that whoosh soon! :)
  • volgirl1322
    Have you ever tried roasting brussel sprouts? I just cut mine in half/sprinkle with sea salt/pepper and drizzle with olive oil, OMG they are so good.......My kiddos love them!!! I don't like them cooked on the stove......

Hope you are feeling better! <3

• LiLee2018
    So as I mentioned... total calories yesterday was about 1500. Dang brussel sprouts.

Food yesterday

2 coffees w/ half and half and monk fruit
    cup of kimchi, thigh, leg, wing, some breast from a Sam's rotisserie chicken
    sauted veggies- brussel sprouts, zucchini, mushrooms, salt and pepper, 4tbs of BUTTER lol

Those brussel sprouts were making themselves known all night long and all morning so far. So much gas. SO MUCH.

Water intake was excellent. I had the coffees along with 2 diet sodas and almost the entire gallon of water. I could've easily finished the gallon, but stopped drinking around 8:30 so I wouldn't be up 5x during the night to pee again lol.
    But hey... almost an entire gallon is pretty dang good considering I'd drink maybe 3 or 4 diet sodas a day and that was it lol.

Feeling worse this morning. Feel like such a baby complaining about a cold, but it's sucking. Felt arm but no fever thankfully. Just getting another headache and stuffy and a little nauseated. Boo cold.. BOOOOO
  • jadepearl
    That's amazing... 1 gallon of water which is about 3.7 litres. I am struggling with 2L. Really hope you will feeling better soon. Sending you quick healing vibes😇
  • volgirl1322
    Oh hope you feel better!!! I gallon is awesome on the water though!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks yall :)
    Cooking dinner right now. Meat lasagna. Uses chicken lunch meat for the noodles lol. I know nothing can replace real noodles, but decided to give it a try anyway. Sure looks good. Calories might be up from it too. Already sitting at around 460 right now which isn't too bad, but with all that meat.. who knows. Not worried about it at all.

I also fixed a cream cheese/heavy cream blueberry & macadamia nut dessert but may have to save that for another day just to be on the safe side. Heavy cream is hella calorie dense! lol Ok so maybe I'll have a bite but that's it :)
  • jadepearl
    Lasagna and any dessert with cream cheese is just yummy :) Hope you are feeling better today <3
  • LiLee2018
    Lasagna was pretty good. Not like regular stuff so I doubt I'll make it again. Just make the sauce and bake some cheese on it would be good enough for me and a lot less work lol.
    Calories were still within range though... 1200-1300.
    I controlled myself and only had 2 bites of dessert after :)

UP 3lbs this morning. I know it's just b/c I'm sick.. and b/c coffee failed me yesterday lol
    Water was great. I had 3 diet sodas along with most of the gallon of water. Feels like I didn't need to pee quite as much, so I think this cold is just making me retain water.

Feeling about the same today (in terms of stuffiness) w/ a cough forming in my chest. So much fun.. especially when you can't really relax like you want.

Aaaaand I think that's it.

Lazy recap of food yesterday

2 cups of coffee
    1 kebab using low carb tortilla shell
    2 bites of dessert
    meat lasagna
  • volgirl1322
    Sorry you are still feeling rough ---hopefully you will get better soon!!!

Using zuchinni or veggies instead of noodles always works well when I don't want noodles....but sauce and cheese would totally be awesome as well :)

• jadepearl
    Oh no😢 Hope you feel better soon❤️ When the weather gets colder, we tend to fall sick and before Winter, our government will ask us to get our flu shots.
  • LiLee2018
    Yeah I really like zoodles and there are actually frozen ones out there now too which makes things more convenient :D
    Only thing bad about them using for a lasagna though is that it would be far too juicy. Maybe adding an egg to the ricotta cheese would help to firm it all up. Even the meat lasagna was still juicy and I think it was b/c of the lunch meat and some b/c of the sauce (even though I cooked it for a good bit and thickened it).
    Eh.... but yeah, I'd be happy withhh just the sauce (it was a meat sauce) and some cheese all over it lol.

I think today is going to be a higher calorie day. I can feel it. I've already eaten and I want more.
    Every other day this week has been good. Eat and feel satisfied until dinner. Not today though. Going to try to keep it at least at 1600. Hopefully lower today. We'll see though.