The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Slappy74 wrote: »
    Oh man. What a day! Looking forward to rock climbing gym tonight. Hope y’all are doing good.

What type of climbing do you do? I go bouldering 3 or 4 times a week. It's so much fun that it doesn't feel like exercise.
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Hi. This is my first time here since September 23. I fell HARD off the wagon, and I'm pretty disappointed with myself. I hope to turn it around again starting today, but, damn, I prefer eating nachos and pizza with my friends and family over picking at some broiled fish or whatever at a Mexican/Italian joint.

What do you guys do to re-motivate yourselves?
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Been a good day here. Got the first appointment of the week done. Grass cut, hedges trimmed. My shoulder was mad at me after that. Now relaxing time while listening to the storm outside

Its been raining all day here! Nice night to stay in!

I put on my track pants and comfie top.
    I'm so not a track pants person but got some cause they'll be easy when I'm one armed. I have to say they're kinda comfy

Yes comfy is good at home..shorts and a tee

I'm usually in shorts but these looked cozier for a rainy fall day

I wear shorts all year around! I might cover up with a blanket thou! :)

Same. I like hoodies or flannel shirts. But my legs are happy bare. Even in the middle of winter I'll take out the garbage in shorts

Lol.... that’s funny ! Love hoodies and shorts ! Hoodies= winter coat for me.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Been a good day here. Got the first appointment of the week done. Grass cut, hedges trimmed. My shoulder was mad at me after that. Now relaxing time while listening to the storm outside

I'm so not a track pants person but got some cause they'll be easy when I'm one armed. I have to say they're kinda comfy

Same. I like hoodies or flannel shirts. But my legs are happy bare. Even in the middle of winter I'll take out the garbage in shorts

I live in Canada. We need proper winter coats.
  • TomFit18
    I

I live in Minnesota! Extreme weather one day was 112 with heat index...and one day last winter was -65 below with windchill ! LOL
  • AliNouveau
    I

I live in Minnesota! Extreme weather one day was 112 with heat index...and one day last winter was -65 below with windchill ! LOL

We were warm today and dropping 20 of tou farenheit degrees. I like it colder. I'll even go out and skate when the windchill is super cold. It makes you feel more alive
  • TomFit18
    I

We were warm today and dropping 20 of tou farenheit degrees. I like it colder. I'll even go out and skate when the windchill is super cold. It makes you feel more alive

The cold doesn’t bother me either!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,930 Member
    Hi. This is my first time here since September 23. I fell HARD off the wagon, and I'm pretty disappointed with myself. I hope to turn it around again starting today, but, damn, I prefer eating nachos and pizza with my friends and family over picking at some broiled fish or whatever at a Mexican/Italian joint.

I look at the scale. It either motivates me to keep doing what I'm doing or change something up because I know if I don't, it doesn't really care. It will report the facts.

Have nachos! Have pizza! Just don't have it ALL.

• mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Happy hump day!
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    Slappy74 wrote: »
    Oh man. What a day! Looking forward to rock climbing gym tonight. Hope y’all are doing good.

What type of climbing do you do? I go bouldering 3 or 4 times a week. It's so much fun that it doesn't feel like exercise.

I usually boulder. I go once a week for sure, but shoot for 2-3. I’ll also hit the auto-belays, every now and then. Climbing is a light man’s sport, and I am not light. Still enjoy the hell out of it.
  • ScubaSteve814
    ScubaSteve814 Posts: 8 Member
    Well I backslid again and gained more weight. As of Sunday I was at my highest weight ever, 300lb. I started dirty keto Monday and will begin exercising once I lose a little and am able to.
  • 17brianb
    17brianb Posts: 16 Member
    Awesome. Welcome to the group
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Page 666 >:)
  • AliNouveau
    yikes what a devilish turn this thread has taken
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 671 Member

First of all - don't beat yourself up over what's already done. It's useless and only discourages me from trying to do better. I try to save up my cals for 'fun stuff' whenever I can get away with it - but moderation is key. If I know we're going to a pizza joint - I'll probably have a protein bar for breakfast (blah) and a salad for lunch. I keep stuff in the kitchen at work to make fresh ones the way I like them - it helps.
  • TomFit18
    What up peeps?? Another wet and cool day here...another good evening to stay in. I think I will pass on the bar! :)
  • TomFit18
    Jovsfood wrote: »
    This should be called the inbetweeners thread .. can we all be fwends??? 😊

I like it!