Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    @sweeetypie1. Hope you have fun. I love hiking too, but we haven't been for awhil, either. Hopefully once.fall starts " falling" we will get out there, too. We're in PA so when the leaves turn we spend !it's time in the mountains.
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Greetings everybody! Happy Friday. Well... I have fallen off the wagon and gained back my little loss +1. I am trying not to let it get me down and just taking it one good decision at a time. I keep forgetting to Stop, Drop and Meditate! Last weekend it started with the Dodger Game. Kinda lost my mind with all the goodies... then the weekend was a blur. I wasn't very mindful. So come Monday.... well we have all been there. Hoping to break that pattern this weekend. I have to remember that I was successful last year this time. I am trying to figure out what it was that I did different. Really hoping I can do better this weekend. Wish me luck!

Name: Cyndy
    Height: 5’3"
    Highest Weight: (Oct 15, 2004) 250
    Re-Start Weight (Sept 1, 2018): 221
    Goal Weight 140

Jun 5 184.8
    Jun 19 186.95
    Jun 29 186.36
    Jul 02 187.8
    Jul 16 188.7
    July 22 187.0
    July 23 187
    Aug 6 189 - Back from Colo celebrations
    Aug 12 - 188.8 .2 down... I'll take it.
    Aug 17 - 187.6
    Sept 3 - 190!!! Yikes
    Sept 10 - 189
    Sept 17 - 187
    Se[t 27 - 190

Week (+/-) = +3
    Since Re-Start = 31
    Since First start = 60
  • dustyspal
    @leahwirth welcome. Sorry I missed your post earlier. You're certainly not the only one. I actually have about 120 pounds to lose. I hope I get there. I've been at it (this time around) since July 24 and have been doing well so far. If you need some encouragement, you've come the right place. Posting on these boards has kept me on track. Hope to see you around.
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Saturday success check-in

First, I want to say thank you to those who read/comment and help me feel some accountability. I know I haven't been the best beacon of sunshine (feel more like Eeyore), but I am still working on things. I suppose still working is an NSV, right?

My goals for last week:
    1) At least 110 g protein intake each day.
    2) Complete walks at least 1 mile and a total of 20+ minutes 5 days this week.

I succeeded on #2. Got 6 days for #1. I think I will keep these goals for this coming week, but add one more goal:
    3) Keep at least two days ahead in pre-planning the food diary.

My Stats:
    5'1" Female
    Restarting weight: 252
    MFP restart weight: 242.7
    Goal weight: Originally set it at 140, though I'm wondering if I'll go that low or not- will review body scans periodically as I go to be sure I'm doing well on body fat % and don't start to lose muscle mass. My goal is to be at a healthy body fat percentage with good strength and stamina, wherever it is that I end on the scale.

9/14/19: 240.7
    9/21/19: 238.8
    9/28/19: 234.6
  • raindogmaa
    @MelodiousMermaid Wow... great progress! You are steadily losing weight! Way to go! AFM... I am not dropping again yet, but my NSV is that I had a successful weekend. I stayed on the eating healthy path and got plenty of exercise. It's the first weekend in MONTHS -- so maybe this will start my MoJo. I know I'm starting out Monday strong... so here goes!
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    I have been in the hospital with an e coli infection and the dietician asked me not to have a weight loss frame of mind until I got better. I have to say the food they served me at hospital was not as healthy as I eat at home. Too many carbs and processed foods. I'm happy to be home and glad that I maintained my weight loss. Tomorrow is the last of my meds and back on the mediterraneum diet for me. This diet not only helps with weight loss, it is good for the brain and staves off aging, and it helps the skin due to the fish meals.

Also starting two classes tomorrow, First is write your own Memoir and the second is The secrets of handwriting (analysis)

I was sworn in last week my partner and I have been assigned a case of two little girls who are currently in a group home. Their Mother is in jail and their father is not in the picture. I pray I am able to help them in the most effective way. My first goal is to find a loving foster home for them which is superior to a group home.

I also am going back to water aerobics. The only way forward is to move forward and I am anxious to do so.

lisa, if you send me your email address I can share some meditations with you that helped me cut way back on binge eating. I occasionally slip, but for the most part, prayer and meditation have gotten me under control

Katrena

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Sorry been silent lately but been reading posts. I have struggled with food and my anger. My dad started final stage of death per hospice nurse visit today. My anger comes from having a highly disfunctional family that annoys me.
    Congrats to all of us in the struggle to be healthier.
  • dustyspal
    @mnwalkingqueen my thoughts are with you at this difficult time. You can only control your thoughts and actions, so hopefully others won't place more of a burden on you. Take things one day at a time and be strong.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @holly-- I'm so sorry you have to go through the pain of losing your father while navigating those rocky relationships. I don't know if you recall that my husband's mother and brother are also highly dysfunctional, so I can certainly sympathize. For now, he just doesn't have any contact with them, but I dread a situation similar to yours when we will be forced to associate with them again. I don't have any sage advice, but is it possible to try to spend time with your dad when other family members aren't around to avoid their toxicity? Stay strong, friend, and please know we are all here if you need to vent.

@katrena-- glad you are home again and on the mend. I love Mediterranean foods and plan to incorporate a lot of them when I start keto next week.

@cyndy-- I'm sure it feels good to be back on track. You've got this!

@MelodiousMermaid -- Wow, that protein intake is impressive! I often set a nutrition goal of 100g of protein/day, and that is a huge struggle for me. Do you use protein powders? What tips do you have for meeting that goal?

:heart: @Everyone--It's October!!! Any ideas for a new monthly challenge?? :heart:

AFM--I'm back from California and Ohana Fest. My sister and I had a great time! I didn't even try to track calories, but I didn't overdo it with food or drinks, and we certainly got plenty of exercise walking (close to 20K steps/day, so I'm not worried about a gain.

I was planning to start keto upon my return, but I still have quite a few healthy, but higher carb snacks, plus, I won't be able to go grocery shopping until this weekend. That being said, it makes sense to use up some of those foods this week, so they don't tempt me, and start fresh next Sunday or Monday. I still plan to stay within my calorie allowance this week, just not starting keto yet.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Current Weight: 196 (7/6/19)

7/6/19 = 196
    7/13/19 =196
    7/20/19 = 194
    7/27/19 = 194
    8/3/19 = 195
    8/10/19 = 195
    8/17/19 = 195
    8/24/19 = 195
    8/31/19 = 194
    9/7/19 = 196
    9/14/19 = 196
    9/22/19 = 196
    9/28/19 = 195

Exercise Challenge Goal:
    Gym visit or run outside 3 times/week
    9/1-9/7 = 2/3
    9/8-9/14 = 3/3
    9/15=9/21 = 3/3
    9/22-9/28 = 3/3
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Dear friends old and new. My dad passed away yesterday and I fell back into old habits. I ended up at buffet lastnight stuffing my face til I could barely waddle out. I have always been a comfort eater but thought I was getting better at it now realize got way more work to do.
  • MelodiousMermaid
    @skinnyjeanzbound

Thank you. I'm attempting to get my protein count higher as I've read that aiming for 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass (LBM) is a good target for weight loss periods to minimize loss of muscle mass. A recent scan I had done of myself showed a result of 124 pounds of LBM, hence the adjustment I've made (going to up my daily goal to 125 g after I am consistent at meeting the current goal).

Feel free to look at my food diary if you wish (I don't know that it's terribly interesting at this point as I'm still trying to experiment/search and find combinations that give me variety). In short, I pre-plan my meals based around lean protein sources. My primary ones are boneless, skinless chicken breast, canned tuna (skipjack), egg whites, fat free cheese, and fat free plain Greek yogurt. I round this out with other lean fish, 96/4 lean ground beef, pork chops, and lean beef roast or steak cuts for variety.

From there, I will supplement with some protein powder if needed for convenience/ease (especially "not hungry" moments and outings) and occasionally for something sweet -- sometimes I use a half serving in a full glass of water as "chocolate/vanilla milk" or combine a half or full serving of the drink powder with half or a full serving of yogurt to get a pudding-like food (a full serving of powder and a full serving of the yogurt I use comes out to a whopping 47 grams of protein -- though the calorie count is higher than something like egg whites or chicken, so I'm not doing that very much now).

When I start to get close to goal, I try to round this out with leafy greens, asparagus, broccoli, and other low-cal veggies, several of which give an extra little kick into the protein count. If I'm reasonably close to where I want to be at that point, but want a little more protein in the count, I have another drink mix that's not quite as calorie efficient when comparing protein to overall calories. It is, however, more of a meal replacement type drink so I'll put one of those in. I have to admit I'm not overly crazy about this particular drink as it's not built as a "sweet on its own" deal, but a little bit of this or that added in and it's not terrible.

Sorry that's a bit long. I'll try to summarize in case it's a TLDR...
    1) Structure each day around lean protein sources as much as possible.
    2) Add protein powder here or there if needed for an unusually busy day or to throw something sweet in that counts well toward the total.
    3) Get to know your veggies, and choose lower-cal ones that also contribute to your protein intake.
    4) For a smaller, yet easy, bump, add in a meal replacement drink that's calorie controlled within what you're comfortable with.
  • MelodiousMermaid
    edited October 2019
    @mnwalkingqueen

Sorry to hear of your loss. I empathize as I lost my dad in 2010. Grief is difficult to wade through on all levels. I hope you will continue to check in with the group.

Edited to add my Wednesday Wish:

I wish I could feel joy, enjoyment, and fulfillment as part of my life again. I know logically that I am setting myself up for this by making "the right" decisions now, but it'd be nice to not have to struggle for every little thing and deal with the emptiness/numbness that comes with my war on mental illness.
  • raindogmaa
    Oh @mnwalkingqueen ... much love to you! I know grief well, and it is a big emotional rollercoaster. Sending hugs!

@MelodiousMermaid -- I hope you feel happiness and satisfaction because you are making GREAT progress on your journey... and helping all of us along the way. I am grateful for you.

• sweeetypie1
    sweeetypie1 Posts: 122 Member
    @mnwalkingqueen So sorry about the loss of your father and the dysfunctional family issues. Sending prayers up for you.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Thanks everyone for the prayers and kind words.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @holly--I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts. :heart:
  • raindogmaa
    Happy Friday! Just checking in to say hi and to share that my goal is to stay on point for the 2nd weekend.... to get a good streak going. Still not much movement on the scale. I'm starting a Health and Wellness Intensive at my gym which begins Monday. Group Workouts Mon-Tue-Wed evenings with two fantastic trainers and a support group meeting on Saturday to talk about challenges, successes and goals... kinda like AA. I like the idea. Hopefully enough people sign up so that the class can happen. So far only 9 have signed up and we need 16! Hope we get enough people.
  • MelodiousMermaid
    Saturday success check-in

Goals were met (and exceeded for #s 1 and 2). Weight loss is going well too.

My goals for last week:
    1) At least 110 g protein intake each day.
    2) Complete walks at least 1 mile and a total of 20+ minutes 5 days this week.

Now updated to:
    1) At least 125 g protein intake each day.
    2) Complete walks at least 1 mile and a total of 30+ minutes 6 days a week.

My Stats:
    5'1" Female
    Restarting weight: 252
    MFP restart weight: 242.7
    Goal weight: Originally set it at 140, though I'm wondering if I'll go that low or not- will review body scans periodically as I go to be sure I'm doing well on body fat % and don't start to lose muscle mass. My goal is to be at a healthy body fat percentage with good strength and stamina, wherever it is that I end on the scale.

9/14/19: 240.7
    9/21/19: 238.8
    9/28/19: 234.6
    10/05/19: 230.8
  • raindogmaa
    edited October 2019
    @MelodiousMermaid -- Way to go on the Goal keeping and congrats on 10 lbs down! It is inspiring to see your progress!!!

Today is the start of my gym's 2 month Health and Wellness Fitness Intensive. I am both excited and a little nervous. Hope I can keep up! We will have 3 group workouts a week and one support group meeting on Saturdays. IN ADDITION -- the intensive part -- we are required to strive for 60 mins of cardio per day, every day. It can be as easy as walking or dancing or swimming...or if we want to challenge ourselves we can do one of the fitness classes at the gym like aqua class (yes please), spinning (maybe) or boot camp (no thank you!).

As for nutrition, we need to have dinner before 6pm. If we feel hungry later on, we are to make a little protein shake.

I have been on a plateau since January.... I am hoping that this will be the ticket to break the plateau and get me going in the right direction. In anycase, I'll be in better shape for the holidays... right?

Here's to a successful week for everyone! 😜
  • dustyspal
    @raindogmaa. Good luck!!