What do YOU eat for lunch?

xSanoura
xSanoura Posts: 40 Member
Curious and looking for some new lunch ideas 😉.
What I ate today was shredded chicken w/ roasted broccoli, kale, cheese and rice.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I often make extra of whatever we're having for dinner and that becomes lunch. Or..if I'm grilling chicken or steak or whatever for dinner I'll just grill a whole mess of it to have throughout the week. My wife usually makes a batch of quinoa or brown rice or whatever on Sunday so we have that on hand throughout the week and then I just need to add a veg to the protein and grain.
  • gocycle
    gocycle Posts: 2 Member
    I had a burger topped with tomato sauce and mozzarella
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    If I eat lunch, which I may if I’ve not eaten breakfast (it’s usually one or the other, rarely both) I’ll keep it simple and have roughly the same thing for a week or so then swap to something else. Kind of depends what’s in the fridge, or how many wraps/pitta/crackers/crispbread to a packet for example. I’ll also alternate lower fat houmus, cottage cheese, a hard boiled egg etc, until the supply of that item is finished.

I’ll often toast the pitta one day and use to dip in cottage cheese with chopped tomatoes, spring onions and a dash of Tabasco mixed through. Or make a hummus ‘pizza’ by spreading a dab or two of houmus on a pitta, topping with a little red pepper and a few sliced olives, stick that in the oven and top with a spritz of lime juice and some rocket leaves. Or a proper pizza with leftover homemade tomato sauce, or a fig and goat cheese flatbread.

Again, a Skinni Wrap can become loads of things, houmus and salad wrap, Egg salad wrap, or a quesadilla style griddled wrap with peppers, onion and maybe a few cooked black beans from the fridge and a spoon of salsa to bind the veg together.
  • jthillk
    jthillk Posts: 17 Member
    Baked chicken breast, green beans and one raspberry...it was sour so I stopped at one.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Warm months: Salad with protein (chicken or salmon)
    Cold months: Soup and dinner leftover

I make a batch of soup on the weekend so I always have a jar ready to go. Kids will eat after school before dinner is ready. Comes in handy!
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Today was some leftover Mexican bean soup. I'm hungry again though so am eyeing up a massive chocolate cake that is on the cabinet outside my office >:) Hopefully I can either tough it out or go hunt down a healthier snack.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    I make batches of lunches on Sundays. It varies a lot. This week I made Japanese curry with chicken and veggies, pairing it with brown rice and cauliflower rice. Last week I had creamy salsa skillet chicken. The week before that I made meatballs with spaghetti squash.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Usually a salad with:
    spinach
    romaine lettuce
    chickpeas
    cherry or grape tomatoes
    marinated mushrooms
    shredded carrots
    celery
    broccoli
    green peppers
    cucumber
    sunflower seeds
    light balsamic vinegar

Sometimes I add a lowfat Fage Greek yogurt. Calories run about 360 to 420, depending on what's in the salad and if I add the yogurt. I love salads and feel deprived if I miss one.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Today I had 2 slices of toast with some mushroom mayo (chopped mushrooms cooked through and mixed with some mayo, black pepper & curly parsley. A 250g pack of Mushrooms will normally make me 2-3 portions.

Yesterday I had a Tuna & Cucumber sandwich, will be having the same again tomorrow and Friday will be some Mashed Avocado with Chilli, Lemon Juice & Black Pepper.

I keep a small loaf of brown bread at work so I can just bring a small tub of filling/topping in.

• hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    I keep things in the fridge about a week. So lunch is usually the prior week's dinner. Yesterday was sous vide bottom round with potatoes and green beans. No leftovers Wednesdays, so today is the lentil and chickpea stew I made with brown rice and mixed vegetables.
  • Nickl140
    Nickl140 Posts: 4 Member
    Chicken Salad: Chicken Breast (2-3 servings), Romaine Lettuce, Dressing. Sometimes I'll add tomato/cucumber/Parmesan cheese.

Healthy Choice Power Bowls

Or dinner leftovers.
  • cnjg6677
    cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
    Turkey sandwich and an orange
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Usually the same thing because of work - chicken, rice or potatoes and sweet peppers.
  • jalapenos6000
    jalapenos6000 Posts: 13 Member
    Eggs royale
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    I make extra of whatever we’re having for dinner and that’s my lunch for the next day
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited October 2019
    I usually have leftovers , but this was today's lunch. (ouch on the sodium!)
    d2g8uytiyal4.png
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I have a salad M-F
    Romaine
    Arugula
    Spinach
    Cabbage
    Red onion
    Bell pepper
    Broccoli
    Radish
    Cucumber
    Broccoli sprouts
    Hard boiled egg
    Fat free blue cheese dressing
    Tbsp blue cheese crumbles

Piece of fruit. Right now it’s a honey crisp apple.
  • dianahajen1
    dianahajen1 Posts: 19 Member
    Smoked applewood salmon and broccoli
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    I usually keep it light for lunch. I'll have a chicken salad with grapes and mozzarella cheese, or a turkey sandwich and a yogurt, or a frozen meal usually.