Cardio?

Options
Do I have to do cardio if I am nearly under weight but eating at a small surplus? Will this make me lose more weight that I don’t want to?

Replies

• Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Do I have to do cardio if I am nearly under weight but eating at a small surplus? Will this make me lose more weight that I don’t want to?

Not if you eat enough to support the cardio. If you like cardio, do cardio - account for it in your diet.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    You don't have to do cardio at all. Whether or not you should depends on your goals, preferences, etc.

Can you give us a little more context to your question?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Cardio benefits the cardiovascular system. People who can do cardio, should do cardio, for the health benefits.

To not lose weight from the calories cardio burns, eat more. You can easily get calories from calorie dense foods like peanut butter, nuts, and cheese.

However, if you happen to be in recovery for an eating disorder, consult your treatment team.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Yes you should do some "cardio" (which is a hugely varied range of different exercises) for your health.

But why do you think cardio results in weight loss?

e.g. I've done 251 hours of my favourite cardio so far this year but I don't lose weight as I eat enough to maintain my current weight.

Simply use the site as designed by eating back the calories burned during your exercise and your problem goes away.

The solution seems too simple so maybe there's some additional information that you could share if there's a problem with implementing it?