The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    It was cool here the past few nights (4C) and today I wore leather over cashmere with tall boots. I miss tall boots. Fall has always been my fave time of the year. Snow at the ski areas close by today. A friend's daughter is a flagger and she was working in the village on the mountain (in the snow) and was totally unprepared. We packed up some mitts & longjohns for her for tomorrow and dropped them off at her place. 19 year olds..... they don't really know how cold it is when you're standing outside on the spot for 8 hours holding a metal sign.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    Finally... Home in bed under my weighted blanket
  • canadjineh
    I like weighted blankets as long as they don't press on my feet. I like to sleep on my back, and a heavy blanket hurts my toes. I have a heavy Hudson's Bay wool blanket under the duvet but have it just from the ankles up. The duvet keeps my feet warm still but no pressure on them.
  • canadjineh
    @CaliValleyGirl you've changed your name. Too many stalkers at the old one, ;) lol?
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,187 Member
    I was out for a drive with my son tonight. He never wears pants. He was shivering when we were pumping fuel. 😉
  • canadjineh
    I do remember breaking out the bikini to tan in a protected area of the lawn up against the white stucco of the house....in early March. But I was 20 then. I also had no idea of the real meaning of temperatures. Or at least I didn't care.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Yeah, we set a record high yesterday. The high today is 86F. Wednesday and Thursday?? 92 and 95 respectively....

We got the smallest taste of fall and it was gone. Allegedly, it's suppose to be in the 60s and 70 this weekend. I'll believe it when I see it.

I would love to have a weighted blanket but I get too hot. We're looking for a fan for a bedroom so maybe the weighted blanket would come next.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I like weighted blankets as long as they don't press on my feet. I like to sleep on my back, and a heavy blanket hurts my toes. I have a heavy Hudson's Bay wool blanket under the duvet but have it just from the ankles up. The duvet keeps my feet warm still but no pressure on them.

I agree that in certain positions it's uncomfortable on the feet/toes. Mine is 6.08kg.
    canadjineh wrote: »
    @CaliValleyGirl you've changed your name. Too many stalkers at the old one, ;) lol?

No needy stalkers lately! Although there are a couple making me wish I hadn't changed my name. Oh well!
  • canadjineh
    My blanket is only 3.8 kg but that's generally enough for me, as long as it's pulled up right around my neck under my chin. I like to sleep like a mummy.

95F, Bethanie!!!???? Good grief! It's going to be hitting 1C tonight, 3 right now. We'll be well below seasonal norms for a couple weeks. It should be 15C during the day in early Oct.
  • bethanie0825
    @canadjineh Too d@mn hot for October. The heat index will be higher bc the humidity is going to be sky high
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited October 2019
    Given how many times I have pried this kitten off my leg and dropped him on the floor, I'm pretty sure my downstairs neighbors are starting to think I'm hosting a kickball tournament up here.
  • TravelingNukeGuy
    TravelingNukeGuy Posts: 275 Member
    I'm not always on the nightshift, but I will be for the next 6-7 weeks. :)
  • CaliValleyGirl
    Swing shift is my regular tour of duty. I Get off in an hour.
  • TravelingNukeGuy
    TravelingNukeGuy Posts: 275 Member
    Swing shift is my regular tour of duty. I Get off in an hour.

Nice! You got this!
  • jennifer_417
    I drop him from like a foot above the floor, lol. I just realized that sounded kinda bad to say I drop him.
  • canadjineh
    edited October 2019
    I'm not always on the nightshift, but I will be for the next 6-7 weeks. :)

What the heck is a PF black card and what's a ChocoTaco? (Canadian here.) Oh yeah, lol, welcome to the Night Shift thread.

I've had kittens before Jenn, I know exactly what you mean - one I had when young used to love to climb the curtains (GRRRRR! Not good for the decor.) You aren't the type of gal to chuck around animals (I don't get that vibe from your posts o:) )
    Spend your shift sitting in front of a fan or AC if you've got it, Bethanie. High humidity coupled with high temp SUX!
  • bethanie0825
    Naughty kitten causing chaos :D

Thankfully I work inside. Allegedly it's going to cool down this weekend.

• sufferlandrian
    Been below 32F every night this week. Browning had four feet of snow already. It‘s supposed to be up to 51 tomorrow. A regular heat wave.
  • jennifer_417
    edited October 2019
    I'm honestly not sure which is worse, the snow or 90F heat. Meanwhile it's lovely here in the lower 70s and the trees are barely starting to change.

@canadjineh -I've definitely been tempted to drop kick him off the balcony a few times, but haven't actually done it, lol!
  • sufferlandrian
    90 degrees is worse. You can always dress warmer. You can only take so many clothes off before they arrest you. :smile: