Lets talk Peanut butter?

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Kupla71 wrote: »
    This thread reminded me that I have a jar of peanut butter in the fridge and a large chocolate bar in the cupboard. Now peanut butter and chocolate is hard to turn down but I will resist! 😬

Girlfriend, you are stronger than I am! Peanut butter and chocolate together is the best!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    I just had my first piece of pb toast in about 15 months, I don't eat it often.
    I'll see myself out 😔
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    slimgirl, I am doing better (or worse, whichever way you look at it) - I cant remember when I last had any but would be years ago, possibly decades ago.

It just isnt a thing adults eat much here in Australia, would you agree?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited October 2019
    slimgirl, I am doing better (or worse, whichever way you look at it) - I cant remember when I last had any but would be years ago, possibly decades ago.

It just isnt a thing adults eat much here in Australia, would you agree?

Absolutely agree. I probably buy a jar maybe every couple of years, throwing out a half full one to replace it with a fresh one. I've had maybe 3 pieces of pb toast in about 6 years😁
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I love peanut butter, I weigh it, then I eat it - sometimes on toast, sometimes with an apple and sometimes just on the spoon. NO GUILT required or necessary :smiley:
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Thanks guys, has some peanut butter today when I got home from work. I honestly put Peanut butter as my second favorite food, Pizza and the PB. We are going to Costco Monday and I'm gonna get Kirkland Organic peanut butter. I saw that is a super clean PB.

Well . . . IIRC, it's not just peanuts, or peanuts and salt. I believe it has palm oil.

I'm not saying that's necessarily a Bad Thing, but I have no idea what "clean peanut butter" would be, and I know some people object to palm oil.

The Kirkland organic peanut butter is peanuts, and sea salt. That's just about as clean as it gets I think. Says organic dry roasted.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    I love peanutbutter. Pb &j is the best. Eat what you love..and you're portioning it out. No shame at all.
  • Peanut butter is GOAT.

No need for further discussion
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Throughout my fat loss of 73 pounds or so my biggest guilty pleasure has been peanut butter. Typically 2 spoon fulls plain, not on bread or with jelly, just peanut butter spoon fulls. Then I kinda feel guilty and lay off for a few days or weeks. So its high in calories and fat but low in saturated fat. What is your overall take on peanut butter and losing weight? Should I feel bad after eating peanut butter a few days in a row?

The calories in a particular food have absolutely nothing to do with the nutritional value of a particular food. There are any number of high calorie foods that are also very nutritious and healthy and any number of low calorie foods that provide little to no nutritional value.

Nuts and nut butters are very nutritious foods and good sources of healthy fats.

I love peanut butter, but don't have it often because I can't have it in the house as my youngest is very allergic to peanuts.
  • elitesportsdude
    elitesportsdude Posts: 17 Member
    peanut butter is fine as long as its not that JIF crap with a bunch of added sugar and etc. Only if its peanut butter and the ingredient reads only peanut butter.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    Thanks guys, has some peanut butter today when I got home from work. I honestly put Peanut butter as my second favorite food, Pizza and the PB. We are going to Costco Monday and I'm gonna get Kirkland Organic peanut butter. I saw that is a super clean PB.

Well . . . IIRC, it's not just peanuts, or peanuts and salt. I believe it has palm oil.

I'm not saying that's necessarily a Bad Thing, but I have no idea what "clean peanut butter" would be, and I know some people object to palm oil.

The Kirkland organic peanut butter is peanuts, and sea salt. That's just about as clean as it gets I think. Says organic dry roasted.

Check the label at the store.
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 374 Member

Check the label at the store.

I did check the label. I checked it directly from the Costco website. Those are the only ingredients. I'm gonna get some on Monday.
  • Cat_A_89
    Cat_A_89 Posts: 93 Member
    I use PBfit powder its only 70 cals per serving but I put it in my protein shakes and havent actually tried it as "peanut butter" so not sure if itll taste the same
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    No need to feel bad about anything :) you sound like you are doing well, enjoy
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Hoping everyone realizes how easy it is to make peanut butter at home. We did this growing up in my household. Just dump some peanuts in the food processor or blender and blitz. Add salt or sugar as desired. The only drawback is hefty cleanup.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    edited October 2019
    peanut butter is fine as long as its not that JIF crap with a bunch of added sugar and etc. Only if its peanut butter and the ingredient reads only peanut butter.

Unless you have an allergy to one of the added ingredients, any sort of peanut butter is fine.
    ETA or an ethical objection to one of them, say, palm oil or anything non vegan, if they are your concerns.

Like everything, just account for the calories.

• aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Hoping everyone realizes how easy it is to make peanut butter at home. We did this growing up in my household. Just dump some peanuts in the food processor or blender and blitz. Add salt or sugar as desired. The only drawback is hefty cleanup.

I make mine in my Vitamix....so easy!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    acpgee wrote: »

I've seen peanut grinders at Whole Foods, and have tried this, but there wasn't any cost savings or taste improvement, so just went back to regular jarred PB.