Options
    Steps
    Wed 10/2- 11387
    Thur 10/3- 7443

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    kateberard wrote: »
    So does anyone else have the problem with losing inches not weight? That is the boat I’m in, my weight seems to go up and down but I’m losing inches pretty steadily...

This is not a problem, it's an accomplishment. I think you might plateau as the body recomposition progresses and then have another step down.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/body-recomposition
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Fri weigh-in
    10/4- 201.5 (gained 2.5 lbs)

I had a very bad half a week, so I'm not surprised by this. I will do better this week.
  • Arc130
    Options
    @mulecanter Good luck with your fast! I don't think I can even do a one day fast.
  • Arc130
    Options
    @angmarie28 Congratulations for breaking that habit of getting a high calorie coffee at the coffee shop. Nice way to bank some calories.

@kateberard You are steadily losing inches which is wonderful! It's a great non-scale victory. Congrats!

@jessicakrall8 Good planning! I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

@KathynDes Wow, that's so good! I tried C25K once, but didn't get very far due to foot pain. Unfortunately I found out that I have a neuroma in my foot and the doctor said not to run or jog. Sometimes even long walks can aggravate it. 13 minutes straight is awesome! You go girl!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    Options
    KathynDes wrote: »
    I have nobody else to tell that will even pretend to be interested 😏. I’ve been doing the C25K (original one ease into 5K it’s called now). Started and stopped this a couple of times before, but have just got a treadmill of my own so hopefully the stopping won’t have to happen🤞 .... anyway I’m on week 3 day 1 and after the last run at 3min (which I was dreading), I decided I already was huffing and feeling bad enough that I would just keep running and push myself a bit, until I REALLY needed to stop... I kept going and ran for another 10mins straight!!! Never really felt any worse and only stopped at that point because I get blisters super easy and hadn’t taped up like I normally would if I was going to break all my PB’s ever in my life!!! 🥳💫 I’m so happy, and shocked with this body of mine. It was the best sign ever that it’s happy about the changes I’ve made lately.

I hope everybody else has or gets to have little moments like this... and they’re not too few and far between.

This is fantastic! I'm over here on a visit and love the inspiring stories. It happens so often that you push yourself that one more bit and it flips you into a completely new zone. Good for you for having found that out! Now keep that goofy grin on your face, ok? EeEEEEEEEeeeeee HAH!

My fellow moderators and I are enjoying the energy these days on all the teams, and on the group challenges. Thanks Trimstones!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    10/3 14,323
  • kateberard
    kateberard Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    kateberard wrote: »
    So does anyone else have the problem with losing inches not weight? That is the boat I’m in, my weight seems to go up and down but I’m losing inches pretty steadily...

This is not a problem, it's an accomplishment. I think you might plateau as the body recomposition progresses and then have another step down.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/body-recomposition

@mulecanter thank you for the information on the body recomposition it is very insightful. I think more people could benefit from that information.
  • vikster11111
    vikster11111 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    kmfeig87 wrote: »
    @vikster11111 So you're claiming that it jumped? And it's not that you pushed it!

YES...well to tell the truth it more like slid out at me. See the fisherman in me started telling a "story". Lol
  • vikster11111
    Options
    Vikster11111
    Friday
    Pw 208
    Cw 208
  • KathynDes
    KathynDes Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi, Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Thank you for the cheers @jessicakrall8 and others I really appreciate it 🤗

@Navydaddjtc worst thing about a treadmill that furry sidekicks can’t join in... but dogs are the best for getting you out there. I’ve only had a dog for about 5 months and she probably the reason I’m feeling so good at the moment. She’s been walking me twice a day for the whole time and if we don’t go she starts destroying things, it’s super motivating 😃

@mulecanter unfortunately making blisters is my magic trick. My skin layers aren’t adhered very well to each other, I got one today trying to open a jar of pickles 🙄. Once I had my iPod in my jeans back pocket and on ten minute walk I ended up with a huge blister on my butt 😱 my worst not so sporting injury to date! I’ve pretty well got it sorted these days with tape and VERY expensive shoes.
  • KathynDes
    Options
    Hi @Arc130 it sucks being limited by your body when you’ve gone to all the trouble of getting motivated and started! I hope you’ve got swimming or something else you love to do.
  • KathynDes
    Options
    I have a question: What do you do after you have a day that goes Waaaaay over calorie budget? Carry on per normal, eat nothing the next day, exercise more?

Thank you,
    Kathy
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    I have a question: What do you do after you have a day that goes Waaaaay over calorie budget? Carry on per normal, eat nothing the next day, exercise more?

Thank you,
    Kathy

Just go right back to your regular routine and this will minimize the effects of the crazy day. We all have them! I sometimes try to do a little extra exercise if I can, but I don't want to risk injury...time for a walk!! JK
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    Options
    Only on Trimstones can I drop by and hear fishy scale stories, learn something new, and be encouraged to think about interesting questions. You all are making my Saturday morning :smile:

I never knew that skin could be so prone to blisters, @KathynDes - and it doesn't sound like a fun magic power! The iPad butt blister episode is pretty funny, though. You should buy stock in the companies that make moleskin and second skin! They are my friends when hiking, for sure. Take care! And enjoy those doggy walks. I wish I could have a dog, but right now I'm visiting my dad who has a really fun dog. We've been taking walks along the beach in Maine, and having a blast!

And when I go waaaay waay over calories, I usually just track every single thing in advance the next day, and keep within calories no matter what. Going too low doesn't help me at all, but I know some people are into the IF approach. It depends on how well you deal with eating waaaaay less. I eat tons of vegetables, less fat, but normally to make up for a bingey day. Experiment and see what works best for you!
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    DreaRN15
    Saturday
    PW 283.2
    CW 283.2

Somehow I managed to stay the same
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Steps
    9/29 - 3007
    9/30 - 1913
    10/1 - 2777
    10/2 - 3949
    10/3 - 2414
    10/4 - 4139
  • vikster11111
    Options

Thank you,
    Kathy

I try not to do it again the next day. :)
This discussion has been closed.