Share your Numbers

Replies

• Not gaining is good. Practicing maintenance isn’t a bad thing. Way to make improvements to your plan and push forward. Remember perfectionism can be a powerful nemesis. It’s ok not to be perfect all of the time, and there is no harm in trying to be perfect every time.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Not gaining is good. Practicing maintenance isn’t a bad thing. Way to make improvements to your plan and push forward. Remember perfectionism can be a powerful nemesis. It’s ok not to be perfect all of the time, and there is no harm in trying to be perfect every time.

Thanks, maintenance this month is definitely a positive for me.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    You'll likely lose a bit of water weight once you get back into your groove, too. :)
  • jlucas210
    jlucas210 Posts: 43 Member
    @DogMom919 I'm the same way. I'm here pretty much every day, but don't post nearly as often as I should. It's such a great group & I really love reading everyone's posts every day, I just need to get better at contributing!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I am so happy that you are doing this!....I don’t know your age but you are going to be able to do so much more living the rest of your life!....take it easy and heal....you are such a motivating person....I had a horrible binge this past week and I asked myself, “ WWND?”....( what would Novus do ? ).... and I got back on track more determined than ever....I dont want or need to go back to the way I was 40 lbs ago!....you are going to soar!
  • Jackie9003
    WWND?
    I love that, I'm going to do that too..
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    That is flattering and pretty scary. What would I do? In the past I would fail. In more recent time I would just not allow my MANY mistakes to stop me.

The goal is for everyone to become their own expert. That is how I want to guide you because I can't tell anyone but me what will definitely work or at least what will work for 230 pounds. I don't even know if I am enough of an expert yet on me to get to some sort of a goal and stay there.
  • DogMom919
    DogMom919 Posts: 58 Member
    WWND! I love that too!!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    @NovusDies Expert or no, you do a great job of helping folks -- as well as inspiring them.
  • Jackie9003
    NovusDies wrote: »
    That is flattering and pretty scary. What would I do? In the past I would fail. In more recent time I would just not allow my MANY mistakes to stop me.

The goal is for everyone to become their own expert. That is how I want to guide you because I can't tell anyone but me what will definitely work or at least what will work for 230 pounds. I don't even know if I am enough of an expert yet on me to get to some sort of a goal and stay there.

Expert or not, your words are wise and your progress is inspiring :)
  • NovusDies
    No numbers from me today. The spreadsheet has to be rebooted with a new starting weight and I am not eating a deficit for at least another week. My weight has continued to climb from water weight which is disappointing. I was kind of hoping those days were behind me. So far I am up around 9 pounds from my post surgical weight.

This whole thing will be like starting anew when I go back in a deficit. I will go through a couple of weeks of water weight loss, my TDEE is different, my rate of loss will be different, and it will take about 6 weeks to get clean numbers again.
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Nice to see you back @NovusDies

Last week I was 237, I've been cycling 3lb & after 7 days I'm up 1lb. I've had a busy work week and had to work 6am-5.30pm Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday :cry: and I've tried to stay on top as much as I could. I've done well but there was room for improvement.
  • NovusDies
    katy9599 wrote: »
    I hope it’s ok to jump in here. I’ve been using MFP since last Christmas, but I’m mostly just a lurker on the boards. I found a small, closed group here that has been very helpful, but it’s not very active right now. I’ve grown to enjoy sharing this experience with others, so I thought I’d introduce myself here.

I’ll be 42 next week, and I’m 6 ft tall.

SW: 314
    CW: 248
    GW: 194 (for now, anyway... That’s still a few pounds in “overweight” BMI territory, so I may adjust it when I get closer. Even that seemed nearly impossible when I started, but now I’m more than halfway there!)

Great going and I m glad you found us. We are still a fairly new group but I think our activity is decent and I hope you agree and add to it!
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    jim_pipkin wrote: »
    Number this morning 296.8 --- down 128.2 pounds since starting here exactly eleven months ago today.

Great Job, I look forward to being able to say that myself. We must have started about the same spot. My highest recorded weight was 427.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    No numbers from me today. The spreadsheet has to be rebooted with a new starting weight and I am not eating a deficit for at least another week. My weight has continued to climb from water weight which is disappointing. I was kind of hoping those days were behind me. So far I am up around 9 pounds from my post surgical weight.

This whole thing will be like starting anew when I go back in a deficit. I will go through a couple of weeks of water weight loss, my TDEE is different, my rate of loss will be different, and it will take about 6 weeks to get clean numbers again.

Just get better, heal up, figure it out when you feel better.