LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Yes lady, being sick is gonna make your body ALL wonky...those 1.8 lbs will be off before you know it...probably AND THEN SOME! Cause you're still on the wagon!!! :) Good luck with the egg fast...I found it interesting but ineffective for me, but you seem to have a lot of luck with it! Feel better soon love!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I am thinking of making a big pot of beef stew this weekend....OMG I love me some soups and stews and chilils this time of year......what do you put in your Kimchi stew? I have never made that.....

Sour kimchi... can't be fresh b/c you need that strong fermented flavor
    I like spam in mine b/c it's easy and I just like spam, but usually it's pork that people use in it. Some sort of pork w/ bone attached
    I also added mushrooms and extra silken tofu
    A dash of sesame oil
    minced garlic
    red chili powder (it's some sort from the Korean market. I don't think it's cayenne)

Brown whatever meat you're using, add in the kimchi and cook just a little, then add in everything else w/ enough water and let it simmer for at least 30min.
    That's how I fix it at least :)

OMG I loooooooooove beef stew! Chili is good if I could still have beans and cornbread. I like sweet cornbread (again I know that's controversial in the south lol)... not to the point of being cake, but just a little sweet. /droool Some good cornbread sounds delicious right now.
    I can't wait for cool weather foods! Stuff that just warms you up and is hearty and yummy! Best time of year :)
  • LiLee2018
    Yes lady, being sick is gonna make your body ALL wonky...those 1.8 lbs will be off before you know it...probably AND THEN SOME! Cause you're still on the wagon!!! :) Good luck with the egg fast...I found it interesting but ineffective for me, but you seem to have a lot of luck with it! Feel better soon love!

Yeah, I'm slightly scared that maybe it won't do anything for me, BUT with how it went the last 3 times.... I think it will be ok this time too. We'll see though! lol
    I do plan on making sweet chaffles too so hopefully using some SF syrup won't screw it all up for me :P lol
    Looking forward to trying it out again though and then afterwards getting back on the OMAD train :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Girl ---I always add a pinch of sugar in my cornbread along with some lovely bacon grease :) drool........

I am sure you do will great again with the egg fast!!! Let us know your results!!
  • LiLee2018
    Damnit... now I want cornbread! Maybe that could be our next cheat. Big pot of chili w/ beans and freshly baked cornbread. Yuuuuuum

Anywho... I ate my weight in low carb yogurt! lol
    Had my kimchi soup for lunch.
    Didn' really feel like having it for dinner and the rotisserie needed to be eaten, so I ate that. Some white mean, leg, wing, thigh
    Not enough... so ate 3... THREE low carb yogurts.
    And then as a snack.... had some seaweed sheet things.

Oh fudge... also forgot that I made myself a PB mugcake. Talking about cornbread made me want something cakey lol... so I made a mug cake.
    Yep.......... too much. Too too much.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Have you tried cornbread in a mug before? Check this out:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zOmjvRVZ11c
    Hope that you are feeling much better today❤️
  • LiLee2018
    I haven't tried that before, but I might! Wouldn't end up with a big pan of cornbread leftover so it might be a good idea to just make a mug worth :)
    Cornbread won't happen any time soon though b/c I cheated yesterday /facepalm
    I mean... most of me regrets it, but then that part of me that finally has my mind set right knows that it's just a bump. Not the first and won't be the last and it certainly won't stop me.
    I haven't weighed myself yet to see what the bloat damage has been from it yet. Hoping that my morning coffee will do its magic and get me to poop finally. Didn't go at all yesterday and that along w/ the cheat... I am bloated like crazy.

Anywho... today is the first day of my egg fast and I think I'm going to try to extend it longer than just 3 days. Maybe a week or longer depending on how I'm feeling.
    Hell.. I'm sure I'll be sick of eggs by day 5 or so so maybe I'll be so sick of it I'll OMAD during too :P lol
    We'll see what happens though.
    I know it will help w/ the cheat bloating.... but I really want to get over this stall too. End of the year is getting closer and I would really like to reach my NSV goal by the end. And scale victory? I'd love to be at least back to my lowest.

So egg fast. Don't fail me now!!

I've been trying to find info from people who have done it for longer than a week, or even a week, but they are very few and far between.
  • LiLee2018
    OH and yall... it feels AMAZING outside now and it rained /cry
    I don't think it got above 70 yesterday... or maybe it did but since it's been so hot here, it felt cooler than it was. I dunno but holy crap it was heaven yesterday. Didn't feel like I was going to suddenly combust b/c of the heat. That kind of weather where you can go either shorts or long pants and either would feel great.
    Love it!

Oh and unfortunately.... I think b/c of the cheating and what it does to my body... it made me feel sicker again. Stuffier w/ more throat pain. So FX the egg fast helps get whatever inflammation I caused back down and makes me feel like I'm getting better again.

And looking it up on youtube. There's this tweaked egg fast that a lot of people seem to be doing. A week long one where calories per day only add up to 900. But the 'egg' fast includes fruit and oatmeal. Uh... that's not an egg fast but ok. Seems to work for people I guess.
  • LiLee2018
    Woo that last line sounded worse than it did in my head. Not poo pooing on this tweaked version, it's just not what I would call an egg fast since you're eating other things. I think the first meal is 3 eggs, but then you finish off the day eating just the oatmeal? I don't really know. Trying to avoid watching those videos b/c most of them come off very click-baity.
    Anyway... it seems to work for those that stick with it, the few videos that I watched.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Good luck on your weigh-in👍🤞 As for the egg fast, may be you can listen to your body each to judge if you should continue or not. Take care and good luck🍀
  • LiLee2018
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Good luck on your weigh-in👍🤞 As for the egg fast, may be you can listen to your body each to judge if you should continue or not. Take care and good luck🍀

I'm definitely just going to listen to my body. I'm going to aim for 5 days this time and if by the 6th day, I'm feeling good and like I can go longer, I will. But if it feels like I'm just done and sick of eggs... then I'll stop. I won't beat myself up if I don't go longer :)

And weigh in this morning was UP 5-6lbs which is my normal after cheating bloat up. So weight was 183.8. I was actually expecting it to be worse with how bloated I feel.

OH also starting back up exercise. Have a new notebook to keep track of what I'm doing and hopefully progress I'll be making :) I think I thrive better when I take notes.
    Kind of weird, but I did when I was pumping breastmilk for my last child. With the other 2, I didn't do it and the pumping didn't last for longer than a couple of months, but when I kept track of it with my last... I stuck with it for 3x longer and only really gave it up when my supply started to decrease on its own.
    It was extremely helpful to see what I was doing, how much I was getting etc....

and I think doing that with exercising again will be really helpful. Keeping detailed notes on what I'm doing, how heavy I'm lifting etc etc.
    Funny how I don't mind doing that, but tracking my food? Nooooooooooooo lol

• LiLee2018
    1200-1300 so far today. Not too bad.
    Had 2 coffees this morning which held me over until around 1:30.
    I then had sweet chaffles
    2 eggs, cinnamon, monk fruit, vanilla, mozzarella cheese, little bit of SF syrup

Then a little later I fixed 2 scrambled eggs in 1tbs of butter and hot sauce

And for dinner I had fried monterey jack cheese, 3 scrambled eggs w/ pimento jalapeno cheese mixed in and hot sauce.
    Since the pimento cheese has mayo in it which would count as the fat... I fried up the monetery jack first and the oil left from it was enough to cook up the eggs in.

Still working on getting my water in. Only drank about 1/3 of my gallon so far, but I'll have it all down before bed I think :)
  • LiLee2018
    OH and I exercised too! lol Almost forgot.
    I did leg extensions, bicep curls, overhead tricep curls, wide lat pulldowns.
    Except for the tricep curls, I picked the heaviest weights I could lift and still do decent amounts of reps.
    I picked 3lb weights for the tricep curls b/c my arms are pretty weak and 3lbers were usually what I could do, but they were surprisingly easy. So next time I'll up it to 5lb weights. :)
  • LiLee2018
    Day 2 of my egg fast.
    I don't think I ate enough yesterday. Body is adjusting back and that usually means my appetite is increased. I should've eaten another egg or 2.
    Oh well.
    I'll be sure to do that today though if needed.
    Have a headache right now. Not sure if it's b/c I'm sick or b/c my body is getting back in to ketosis.
    Overall I feel ok. As good as anyone can feel while being sick and with a dull headache lol.

Water intake was good too. Drank about 3/4 of the gallon, had 2 cups of coffee, and 1 bottled diet soda.

Weight this morning is 180.4
    Saturday cheat bloat is coming down. Yay :)
    Just want to get back to 177 and beyond and I'll be happy. Or well.... I'll be really happy if I can get the weight loss going without having to do anything extreme lol.

SIGH! I just want to get to my lowest and beyond. As far as losing weight goes.... I don't want to say this year was wasted (although it feels like that sometimes), but I did learn more about my body and how it reacts to what I eat. Like... I know now that sure.. I can cheat, but I can also expect to gain a decent amount of bloat... especially if it's a week long cheat. I also know it will come back off too with consistent good eating and that this way of eating is going to be how I'll need to eat for the rest of my life. Maybe not AS strict. Maybe I can just go low carb instead of keto low carb lol.

It would've been nice to have lost more than I did and NOT gain anything lol, but ya know... live and learn :)

In other news.... morning showers feel nice, but damn am I COLD right now and that will only get worse as the weather cools more. Ah well.... back to afternoon or before bed showers for me :)

• mistymeadows2005
    LMAO I've given up on maintaining a shower schedule - I just shower when I find the free time and call it good enough :D

Sounds like you're egg fast is starting nicely! Yay for kicking that bloat!!! Hopefully with a longer fast you can get some net loss outta this bad boy!!
  • LiLee2018
    Yeah... my shower schedule is usually just whenever, but I was enjoying taking them in the morning. Really helped wake me up :)

Egg fast is going much better today than it did yesterday. I was really craving other food, but I think it was just adjustment back to keto.
    I was good today though. No cravings at all and no extra hunger.

Food today
    2 coffees half and half, monk fruit
    fried monterey jack cheese, scrambled egg w/ pimento jalapeno cheese
    3 hard boiled eggs w/ salt and pepper
    4 egg egg drop soup
    Broth was black pepper, fish sauce, knorr homestyle beef bouillon, garlic powder, water

Total calories... 1200-1300

Decided to leave out so much of the fat and just eat more eggs to see how I felt and it went well I think :)
    Still lacking in water, but I'll get in at least half a gal before bed.
  • LiLee2018
    Today is day 3 of egg fast and cravings are back. Not strong, but it didn't help that I dreamt about other foods. ROFL

Weight this morning was 178.2 so basically back down to where I was at before. Lowest I saw recently was 177 so if I can get there and beyond, I'll be happy.
    Set out to do at least 5 days and that's what I'm going to do.
    Maybe I could do like... 3 or 5 days of eating egg fast, 1 day to eat my regular keto diet, then back on to the egg fast? Hmm.. might be something to try. Maybe not this time, but some time in the future.

Water intake.... almost half a gallon, 1 bottled diet sunkist, 1 can of diet sprite, 2 coffees, about 3c worth of soup
    Still pretty good I think :)
    I really tried getting more water down, but I think the soup I had for dinner prevented me from drinking more.
    That egg drop soup was good though. Fish sauce has such a strong odor and can overpower a dish if you use too much, but just the right amount makes stuff delicious! Even my picky little 3yo enjoyed my soup with me lol.

And yeah... not much else to report on.
    Kind of bummed that we're not going to the state fair this year.
    No deliciously bad fair foods, but it's for the best. Don't need the temptation and we certainly don't really have the money right now to spend on it if we don't have to.

• mistymeadows2005
    NICE BABE!!! Progress!!! If you get down to 177 tonight everything else will be net loss!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Water is so crucial I can't even :expressionless: it easily makes or breaks my weigh ins almost every time :D I gotta get better this week too so I'm down with focusing on it toooooooo <3
  • LiLee2018
    I hope I'll have an actual loss after doing this. Certainly would be nice to see progress again lol.

Food today

2 coffees half and half w/ monk fruit
    sweet chaffles- mozzarella cheese, 3 eggs, cinnamon, monk fruit, vanilla extract, SF syrup
    2 hard boiled eggs
    Savory chaffle egg sandwich-
    chaffles- 3 eggs, monterey jack cheese
    2 scrambled eggs cooked in 1/2tbs butter, 1tbs mayo on the chaffles

The sandwich wasn't too bad. With a stronger tasting cheese and a sausage patty and an extra slice of gooey cheese inside, it would make a good breakfast sandwich.

Water has been ok. Had the 2 coffees, 2.5 diet sprites and over half a gallon of water so far.
  • LiLee2018
    Oh forgot to include calories yesterday...
    Calories came out to about 1400 give or take a little.

Water was pretty good. Drank a little over half a gallon of the water and then everything else. Just not as thirsty now that I'm not as sick.

Weight this morning was 176.4 after coffee did its magic. So yay! :)
    AF should be arriving within a day or 2 as well so I'm hoping that I'm bloated from that like I usually am and I'll have a whoosh once the hormonal weight comes off.
    A girl can hope! ;) lol

Anywho... that's a 7.4 loss so far. A lot of that is bloat from my Saturday cheat though.
    Weight from 2 fridays ago was 177.8 so... I'll go from that one... so a loss of 1.4.
    But as I said.... expecting ttotm to start very soon so weight could fluctuate again.

Day 4 of egg fast and going in to it feeling pretty ok. Cold is slowly going away. Feeling more tired, but that's normal during this time. Today shouldn't be too bad. Hungry but the lack of variety with the eggs is getting to me. I'll be good though. Some crispy edged fried eggs sounds good.
    Aaaand yeah.... that's it for now I think :)