October Check In

1. The aim of this thread is to have a weekly weigh-in check for some accountability and support.
2. Copy the form below by copy-pasting and edit to suit your personal schedule, then fill in your information and post each week.
3. Have a successful month, whatever your maintenance/health goal(s) may be!!

Name:
Total weight lost:
Time it took to lose:
How long in maintenance:
Maintenance weight range:
Average weight recorded from 2018:

Average weight recorded from January:
Average weight recorded from February:
Average weight recorded from March:
Average weight recorded from April:
Average weight recorded from May:
Average weight recorded for June:
Average weight recorded for July:
Average weight recorded for August
Average weight recorded for September

Week of..
Oct 6
Oct 13
Oct 20
Oct 27

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week:

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,930 Member
    Following up on that long ramble last night....

As it turns out, my scale weight this morning is the weight I can maintain at my current calorie goal. So I am considering revising my goal down a few pounds to where I am, because I think I look good at this weight, and I feel good, too. But that may set me up for failure because it was so hard to get to the goal I had set, and there's no doubt I'll bounce back up again.

What would YOU do?
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    1. The aim of this thread is to have a weekly weigh-in check for some accountability and support.
    2. Copy the form below by copy-pasting and edit to suit your personal schedule, then fill in your information and post each week.
    3. Have a successful month, whatever your maintenance/health goal(s) may be!!

Name: Lori
    Height: 5’7”
    Total weight lost: 145 at lowest
    Time it took to lose: 2.5 yrs
    How long in maintenance: 3 yr
    Maintenance weight range: 155-160
    Average weight recorded from 2018:

Week of..
    Oct 2 167.9
    Oct 6
    Oct 13
    Oct 20
    Oct 27

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week:

I’m rejoining this thread after having been absent for quite awhile. My weight has slowly crept up above my maintenance range and I’ve not been successful managing it “on my own.”

Small annual gains were how I gained 150 lbs over decades, and I’m not going back there. Time to get a better grip, so I’m going back to logging. I need to see exactly where I’m at with calories and what changes I need to make. I actually logged only the first 3 months of losing and lost the rest of my 150 by following the same eating template. Over time I’ve gotten a little too flexible with my eating, so I want to do this for myself and rein it in. 🤗

I updated my stats this morning and i get only 1430 to lose .5 per week (before exercise). Kinda of depressing!

I’ll be happy to lose about 10 lbs, which will likely take me 6 months. I guess it will be a great 65th birthday celebration next spring!

I understand Lori it will be a life long struggle for me as I like food to much.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »

As it turns out, my scale weight this morning is the weight I can maintain at my current calorie goal. So I am considering revising my goal down a few pounds to where I am, because I think I look good at this weight, and I feel good, too. But that may set me up for failure because it was so hard to get to the goal I had set, and there's no doubt I'll bounce back up again.

What would YOU do?

Hey mtaratoot! Loved the palindromes!

What would I do?
    I’d see if I can maintain that new lower weight for a month or three. If so, I’d revise my GW. There is no rush to do these things, really. You’re below your GW, you’ve been maintaining.... things are good!
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »

What would YOU do?
    I have reset my goal 5 lbs lower 3 times to get where I really want to be. So that’s what I would do. Go 5 lbs lower than max of top maintenance range. At least... Good job!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,930 Member
    edited October 2019

Hey mtaratoot! Loved the palindromes!

What would I do?
    I’d see if I can maintain that new lower weight for a month or three. If so, I’d revise my GW. There is no rush to do these things, really. You’re below your GW, you’ve been maintaining.... things are good!

Thanks @MadisonMolly2017. I'm kind of thinking I'll stick to my current CALORIE goal and see how my body responds. To be honest, I think I'm still fighting an invader in my gut, so I need to wait until I have it completely subdued before I really see what's going on with my mass. I guess the good thing is I feel good where I'm at, and that's a big part of it.

kcmcbee wrote: »

I have reset my goal 5 lbs lower 3 times to get where I really want to be. So that’s what I would do. Go 5 lbs lower than max of top maintenance range. At least... Good job!

Thanks @kcmcbee. I already sort of did that once. When I started my journey, I had a goal in mind, but I lowered it along the way. Only by three pounds, but still. I also have been playing around with expanding and moving my RANGE even with the same goal number. My current goal is actually pretty much what the "ideal weight" calculators spit out. I don't want to drop much more than that, although apparently I'd still be within healthy BMI if I dropped a significant additional amount of weight. I don't want to do that. I want to eat when I feel like it :smile:

• amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Name: Alexandria
    Height: 5’3”
    Total weight lost: 50 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 8 months
    How long in maintenance: 2 months
    Maintenance weight range: 112-116 lbs

Average weight recorded for August: 117.6
    Average weight recorded for September: 114.0

Week of…
    Oct 6: 113.4
    Oct 13
    Oct 20
    Oct 27

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: daily weigh ins have been erratic this week, have been reading the threads here in Maintenance enough to know there are so many things that can influence that, so trying to make myself be more curious than concerned about it. Understanding maintenance is far more challenging than expected! Still searching for the best maintenance range for my body.

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    check in:
    Getting fat and sassy! Strong as hell! AM weight 193.6. Think final goal is going to be 215-220. Slowing down and enjoying life. Strange to have women stop and look at me after I lift and go for a walk. I tend to roll up my sleeves because I think humans should get some sun. I also have an olive complexion. Add the pump in and I get big arms with some cuts. lol Thank goodness I did not invest in a lot of clothes. Pants still fit, a little snugger, but t-shirts are getting shorter. Thought it was the BF, had a friend break it to me, it was my shoulders and back! Here's to being fat and sassy! lol Almost complete with one of my story books. I have been saving and recording stories from weight loss and regain stories. Also, people who lose and maintain. Just for my personal reference. Best of luck y'all!
  • reversemigration
    reversemigration Posts: 168 Member
    Name: Ben
    Height: 6'
    Total weight lost: ~55 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 8 months
    How long in maintenance: Since ~ December 2018
    Maintenance weight range: 165-170

Average weight recorded for December:165.8
    Average weight recorded for January: 167.3
    Average weight recorded for February: 167.2
    Average weight recorded for March: 166.5
    Average weight recorded for April: 162.9
    Average weight recorded for May: 161.5
    Average weight recorded for June: 160.9
    Average weight recorded for July: 160.5
    Average weight recorded for August: 160.9
    Average weight recorded for September: 161.3

Week of...
    October 6th: 161 (trend 161.5)

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: Slowly, ever so slowly trending up towards the bottom of my range. So far the cool (finally!) fall mornings have made for good running weather.

Have a great week, everyone!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Height: 5'7"
    Total weight lost: 118 lbs
    Time it took to lose: A year & a half
    How long in maintenance: 4 years! :)<3
    Maintenance weight range: 159-163 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 161.6
    Average weight recorded from February: 162.2
    Average weight recorded from March: 162.4
    Average weight recorded from April: 160.2
    Average weight recorded from May: 162.4
    Average weight recorded for June: 161.6
    Average weight recorded for July: 161.4
    Average weight recorded for August: 161.8
    Average weight recorded for September: 160.6

Week of..
    Oct 6: 160.4
    Oct 13
    Oct 20
    Oct 27

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: I've learned so much while maintaining the last several years. Very happily recomping. Feeling strong & happy at my weight! I'm extremely grateful to have a job that keeps me on my feet as well. Been averaging about 15,000 steps a day at work alone! :smiley: I feel so blessed to be on this journey!

Wishing everyone well!! <3:blush:

We are weight loss twins! Same height, close to same loss (145 me), same maintenance range, and you’ve been in maintenance one year longer than me!