Home Gym Recommendation

I'm looking for recommendations on relatively complete home gyms (e.g., the product offers a large variety of exercise capabilities). I have my eye on Body-Solid Free-Weight Leverage Gym with Squat Attachment and Olympic Leverage Flat Incline Decline Bench (SBL460P4). Does this seem to be a good product or is there something better? Thank you.

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    That is one heck of a system. I am not familiar with it but a quick google and it showed its capabilities. Not much lacking here, it has pretty much everything I would want in something for home. Of course it comes with a hefty price tag, but quality usually does.
  • minilift
    minilift Posts: 3 Member
    That is one heck of a system. I am not familiar with it but a quick google and it showed its capabilities. Not much lacking here, it has pretty much everything I would want in something for home. Of course it comes with a hefty price tag, but quality usually does.

Thank you for looking!!
  • minilift
    minilift Posts: 3 Member
    mreichard wrote: »
    If you get a squat rack, an Olympic bar, a bench and 300 pounds of weights it will be much cheaper and let you do all the standard compound lifts. You can add a dip attachment and a chin-up bar to most racks and be all set. Then you can add dumbbells, weight plates and different bars as you need them. My son does front and back squat, OHP, deadlift, incline and flat bench, rows, curls, dips and chin-ups with a setup that cost less than $700.

Thanks!!

You guys are awesome. I really appreciate this feedback and your time!!!!
  • pdmatthews
    pdmatthews Posts: 37 Member
    +1 for a power rack, bench and weights. I’m in UK and have a bodymax cf475 with a hi lo pulley. If you can get something like that there is very little you can’t do. I’m really happy with it. Add in some dumbbells and it really is a complete setup.

• mreichard wrote: »
    If you get a squat rack, an Olympic bar, a bench and 300 pounds of weights it will be much cheaper and let you do all the standard compound lifts. You can add a dip attachment and a chin-up bar to most racks and be all set. Then you can add dumbbells, weight plates and different bars as you need them. My son does front and back squat, OHP, deadlift, incline and flat bench, rows, curls, dips and chin-ups with a setup that cost less than $700.

This is exactly what I was going to suggest.