Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Corrected Hershey Bar information

dianagilbert3323dianagilbert3323 Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
I updated the "Hersgey's Milk Chocolate" bar directly from the package. Shouls I add that it is made with Farm Fresh Milk? There are also other items that were not listed "SATURATED FAT 8g (42%DV)"; "VITAMIN D (4% DV)"; and "POTASSIUM (4% DV)". I would like the corrected version added to my food list.

Replies

• dianagilbert3323dianagilbert3323 Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    "Hersgey's" should be "Hershey's" and "Shouls" should be "Should". in previous post
  • DanSanthomesDanSanthomes Posts: 133Member Member Posts: 133Member Member
    These are mostly added by MFP users, not MFP. (That's why the figures can be all over the place and include interesting spellings). Best advice is to keep searching for an item until you find one with a green tick or one that matches what your item's packaging says.

Slowly but surely you'll find/create correct ones - it takes a bit of time and effort to start though.
  • nutmegoreonutmegoreo Posts: 14,781Member Member Posts: 14,781Member Member
    "Hersgey's" should be "Hershey's" and "Shouls" should be "Should". in previous post

You can edit your posts for an hour. I wouldn't bother adding farm fresh milk, it's irrelevant. As for the others, great to update existing entries. The only thing to keep in mind is that different countries/regions may have different macros/micros for the same product. That being said, if all the other numbers were true to your package, it was just missing a few things, it's likely the same item, just whomever entered it didn't add everything..
  • cmriversidecmriverside Posts: 28,849Member Member Posts: 28,849Member Member
    SINCE the items are user-entered, sometimes it's easier to just add it as a new database entry. Takes less time than trying to find one that matches.

Once you edit an existing item or add a new one, it will then be in your MY FOODS, and you can continue to edit it as often as you want.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Posts: 2,584Member Member Posts: 2,584Member Member
    Also, a Hershey bar or anything else may be a different size or recipe may change next week, so your new correct entry may be outdated very soon, just as you will find many outdated entries in the database.
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Posts: 3,496Member Member Posts: 3,496Member Member
    These are mostly added by MFP users, not MFP. (That's why the figures can be all over the place and include interesting spellings). Best advice is to keep searching for an item until you find one with a green tick or one that matches what your item's packaging says.

Slowly but surely you'll find/create correct ones - it takes a bit of time and effort to start though.

I would not assume the green tick means it is right.

If a packaged product, create a new one (for yourself only) or find one that matches the package information.

For whole foods, well, it used to be easier, but you might want to double check the information unless you have learned to locate the ones entered by MFP from the USDA information, back in the day.