Coffee

2»

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    I drink it black - no sugar - I use good Columbian coffee and it has a good flaver - later in the day I have ice coffee - same deal
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    If it's good coffee, nothing. If it's less than - a tbsp or so of milk and maybe a little sugar. Thankfully I typically drink good coffee.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited October 2019
    I’m off to Target in a few minutes to look for a $10 frother. Starting tomorrow it will be decaf lattes. You didn’t ask, but in the afternoon, I’ll have a London Fog with frothed milk.
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    I mostly drink it black these days but sometimes add in some skim milk / low fat milk depending on how I'm feeling. I've never really needed sugar in my coffee although I do LOVE Vietnamese coffee which is laden with sweetness being heavily laced with condensed milk. Viet coffee is probably the only time I still drink sweet coffee now :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    More coffee lol. I've always had it black and without sugar, so nothing needed to be tweaked. I did notice I started drinking more coffee when I started dieting, but that's about it.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Splenda and peppermint extract or cinnamon. Occasionally, a tablespoon of cream.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Heavy whipping cream is my favorite food group. I went cold turkey with that because my coffee calories were more than a meal. Lately, due to a lorra lorra snow and blizzards I've been adding a tad (1 teaspoon) of squeezable nutiva coconut manna and 1 teaspoon of kerrygold butter together. It's really good but I'm watching my portions or I'll end up using too much of my food budget on coffee. This squeezable coconut manna only has 1 gm of sugar and they have several flavors. It is sooo tasty. I also like to add pumpkin pie spice or a variety of spices to mix things up, especially if I'm swilling it black.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp4d1yj90nkGhXlxupikQx8k9ZD9nYfgFF1lcf2lbBuNN0JPBPHw.

I dabbled with bullet proof coffee, but didn't find it filling, so cut back on the fat and added protein powder and fiber, and called it a meal.

fcpuughzmdnc.png
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    I don't drink coffee. I drink tea: Chai and whole milk, with 1 tsp Splenda.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    30ml Sugar free creamer, skinny syrup.. usually pumpkin spice syrup
  • BelleRequin
    BelleRequin Posts: 15 Member
    The 20oz travel mug gets 1/4 cup of whipping cream and 1/4 cup of coffee cream, a few drops of hazelnut stevia, and fresh ground French pressed dark roast.
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    I drink it black, but I good coffee matters to me. Right now a low acid french roast cold brew, served hot or cold is my favorite for a smooth cup.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Good beans, ground just before brewing and the coffee needs nothing else.
  • bamarshall02
    bamarshall02 Posts: 13 Member
    3 tab half & half and 3 or 4 tab sugar. But only for one cup in the morning. Otherwise those calories start to add up.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Nothing. Long ago when I started, I put milk and sugar. In one of my previous attempts to lose weight I stopped as part of my food adjustment. Then I learned what dad had told me for years, that coffee especially when well made has a natural sweetness to it. Oh, and I have made some baaaaad cups in my day 😂
  • DeraAdair
    DeraAdair Posts: 1 Member
    My lips!
  • Bravissimocurves
    Bravissimocurves Posts: 129 Member
    Thick cream
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    I used to use milk, switched to Original Coffeemate, then Sugar Free Italian Sweet Cream, Sugar Free French Vanilla, Almond milk, Almond Milk Creamer, and finally settled on Fat Free Half and Half. I was on a quest to reduce calories but really wasn’t enjoying my coffee. The half and half is 25 cals for 2 TBS, I’ll pay the calorie price for good tasting coffee.