Breakfast Protein without fat?

MDC2957
MDC2957 Posts: 417 Member
Besides egg whites, whey powder and cottage cheese, what do you do for high protein breakfast without fat?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,595 Member
    Gelatine?
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited October 2019
    Oops, never mind, little protein (deleted)
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    You mean NO fat, or a little is okay? I'm a big fan of eggs at breakfast, but chicken breast has a good protein to fat ratio. You could scramble up some egg whites with chopped chicken breast in it, if it doesn't make you feel squirrelly to have possibly the whole chicken life span on your plate haha.
  • RachellaJ
    RachellaJ Posts: 58 Member
    I like some fat for breakfast, like nut butter or eggs, because it keeps me full longer. But if I wasn’t wanting fat, I’d probably eat fat free plain yogurt or cottage cheese, or put protein powder into a smoothie.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    MDC2957 wrote: »
    Besides egg whites, whey powder and cottage cheese, what do you do for high protein breakfast without fat?

I don't, but the answer is pretty much whatever you do for other meals for protein without fat (or with very little fat) -- chicken breast, turkey breast, 0% greek yogurt, etc.

Personally I like moderate protein breakfasts with some fat -- couple (whole!) eggs, veg, maybe avocado or smoked salmon or fruit or cottage cheese (1 or 2%) on the side. Varies in protein and fat content, but I don't notice a big difference for the day.

Even when I was doing smoothies in the summer (for example strawberries, half an avocado, kale, fennel, homemade cashew milk, some tofu or greek yogurt, maybe some hemp seeds, for just one example), I'd make sure to include sources of fat.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    You know that fat is necessary for the padding and lining of your nerves and brain, right? Not to mention skin health.

If you want to go low-fat, go low fat, but don't go no-fat. A sustained no-fat diet can kill you. Look up "rabbit starvation".
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Many of my breakfasts are low fat, not on purpose, that's just the type of foods that I like to eat in the morning. The proteins that I use are mostly higher protein non-fat milk, 0% plain Greek yogurt, and a variety of protein powders in smoothies or oatmeal.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Tuna!!
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    RealWorldStrengthLLC Posts: 552 Member
    edited October 2019
    Breakfast burritos with egg whites, Turkey sausage, salsa, low fat cheese, and a wheat tortilla. My go to breakfast.

Or sirloin and eggs with wheat toast. Maybe swap the eggs for egg whites if you want.
  • trishg1843
    trishg1843 Posts: 1 Member
    I struggle with my daily fat content! I needed this forum, thanks for asking this question and thanks to all the suggestions!
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Shrimp and grits