What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Super easy 50 minutes today -- 30 on the indoor rower and 20 on the Air Bike (yah!, it's fixed). Had a nasty headache all morning. Too much coffee, stress, overtraining or a combination of the above.

Stressful weekend with my dog, Toby. They said he's got bad joints, basically. Really bad ones. I just want to slap some of these designer "breeders" that think they are cute combining dogs. He's basically got a lab head on a Bassett's body with thin, Lab legs (and one leg that's deformed because it couldn't figure out what it wanted to be, a lab or a Bassett). It's just a horrid combination and he's got this thick body with legs too thin to support him well -- only 3 semi decent ones. I've known for a while he would likely wouldn't live what most would term a "full life" for a dog, but he's going on 6 this year. I'm not giving up on him yet. He's a fighter and a sweety. Likely wouldn't have made it out of the shelter if we didn't take him. The vet, of course, was saying do surgery on his leg he injured until we asked how would he do that on two legs -- no answer of course. He's on antiinflammatories and lots of love and cuddles (and me carrying him a lot) for now. Just hoping he recovers enough to have a few more happy, spoiled years.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    walking around the parking lot at work many, many times. hills included!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Back on the water, rowing bow in the double for the usual 7k +/- , sticking to moderate intensity steady state so we could practice some of the things we learned in yesterday's rowing camp.

(Among other things, working on loading at the catch via a combination of factors including hip positioning, "up and out" movement to further turn the oarlocks going into the catch, listening for the "click" as the blade connects with the water (or however you think of it - not the sound non-rowers might expect though) before leg pressure, relaxed proper grip, etc.). Both of us still experiencing the occasional bladework "oops" from trying things, so not trying to power it up too much, as a swimming-avoidance strategy in the 50 degree F weather. :lol: )

This all sounds so familiar ;) In sweep land I am working on my bad habit that is not loading up the blade before the drive. It's taken me months to actually notice my progress. My main coach was quicker to notice the small steps that I've been making towards that goal.

I haven't actually gotten that feedback with sculling, but I don't know if it's that I just understand the drive (and the very end of the recovery) more innately or that it's an issue of "let's work on this long list of other things before telling him to work on this".
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    8afbimhu9982.png

Plan my workouts the night before on my laptop in my OneNote bullet journal!! So I can go to the gym in the morning and not have to think super hard regarding planning and I can access it from the app on my phone❤️
  • aokoye
    An hour and 5 min on TrainerRoad. I decided to just skip week 5 (the week that I missed due to being sick) and move on to week 6 which is a recovery week and the last week of that plan. I think it makes the most sense to do that and perhaps a second recovery week and then move onto Sweet Spot Base II which is the second half of TR's sweet spot base.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Decided to try a conditioning class for fun... 1 hour and good calorie burning!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Monday

30min boxing session with PT, had some horrid news and asked her to change from usual recovery upper body work to the boxing. Lots of exercising my brain with different punch combos.

2mile recovery run - yep up that hill again slow and painful but if I can get up there the day after a half then I can do anything

45min circuit class - far too many burpees.

Today is the first day in around 2 years that I am not on a race training plan. It feels very, very strange and I'm still deciding how to plan my running weeks with no needing to get a long run.in
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    10/7
    6-8 am:
    Yoga
    Sun Salutation - 10 Rounds
    5 Tibetan Rites (19 rounds each rite working towards 21)
    Meditate

6-7 pm:
    Warm-Up
    Jump Rope - 60s on 15s off x 5
    Strength
    Pull-up - E2MOM (25m)
    5 rep every 1m40s (75)
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Today my usual morning workout (40 min) in my home gym, but mainly groundwork today as well as a 5m=km run and heading out shortly by bike to my in-laws Return trip is about 10km
  • aokoye
    Nearly 11k in an advanced mixed 8. I wouldn't normally have been in that boat, but the numbers were very weird so I got borrowed from sculling (and two women got borrowed from the competitive women's practice). Highlights included horrible water for the first third of practice that caused us to have to turn around and almost being hit by a quad.

It was nice being in a very fast boat though.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    66.9km | 41.57 miles | 02:24:33

I am exhausted. Lots of achievement beeps on the bike today. Bike for some reason defaulted to XX.9 after 38km on goals, so everything above that was XX.9, hence 66.9 and not 67.
  • braves3134
    braves3134 Posts: 64 Member
    5 min treadmill warm up
    Plyometrics legs- 20 squats, 20 lunges (30 seconds rest), 30 skip hops on platform, 10 prison jumps, (30 seconds rest), 30 side to side shuffles, 30 side hops (30 seconds rest), and 20 leaning poll squats. (3 minute rest) Repeat 2nd round at half the reps (working up to 2 full times at full reps)
    Finished with an hour walk on the treadmill- started no incline 2.5 mph (my legs felt like jello lol). Ended at 2 incline 3 mph

I’m beat lol
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Tuesday

40min interval run, yes including that hill again. Strava is thoroughly sick of that hill, only 23 days to go.

30min PT, full of DOMS but no sympathy, hill sprints broken up with 100 squats, 100 burpees and 100 press ups (all on my toes). Let's just say I swore a few times.

45min zumba - I wasnt as bouncy as usual thanks to the DOMS

No classes this evening and I was banned from doing any cardio or strength training. What I was advised to do was a PiYo workout from Beachbody on Demand. I picked out an hour long one that was very similar to what we do in class. Felt so much better after the final stretches.
  • laxbballmom
    laxbballmom Posts: 11 Member
    I go to a regular fitness class. Love the facility, all the trainers and the participants. Today's workout was the PBR (Professional Bull Rider) based work out.

8 kcal on the bike
    8 pushups
    8 box jumps
    8 plate rows (use a plate to row instead of dumbbells)
    40 yard sled push
    8 plate press (same plate, overhead press)
    8 sets of stairs (worst part!!)
    8 rotational ball slams

Eight rounds within 50 minutes is the measurable. I made 5 rounds in 55 minutes. I was exhausted!!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    30 minutes on the rower again today (easy again) and 27 minutes on the Air Bike (very easy). Two days of easier workouts and I seem to be feeling better. It's amazing how backing off the intensity when you feel awful can help quickly get you back to feeling good.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Spin class, and maybe kinda starting to condition back into a little strength work for rowing off-season: A few sets of very, very light OHP & bench. (No legs until off-season. NoNoNo. ;) ).

Man, I wish I liked lifting . . . or had a shred of self-discipline. :lol:
  • Legs is on the schedule but my gym is going through a bit of a renovation so theres no room for farmers or sleds...so I'm skipping to the next day in schedule and doing log presses and some shoulder accessories. I'll make up for the legs with bike rides.
  • aokoye
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Spin class, and maybe kinda starting to condition back into a little strength work for rowing off-season: A few sets of very, very light OHP & bench. (No legs until off-season. NoNoNo. ;) ).

Man, I wish I liked lifting . . . or had a shred of self-discipline. :lol:

And this is why I'm taking that class. It's the only way to get myself to do it...or at least to do strength training twice a week for 10 weeks (not counting high holidays) ;)
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    edited October 2019
    Ended up taking two days off of working out which was not in my plan, but I did start a new retail job that has me on my feet all day. Today's workout was also not according to plan because this woman was doing goodness knows what in the squat cage for probably a half hour -- at least. By the time she was done the line for the cage was so long I decided to skip squats for the day. Not too satisfied with what I got done but Thursday (next lift day) is a new day.

Foam rolling
    Leg press
    Deadlifts
    Dumbbell overhead press
    Crunches
    Hip dips

20 min elliptical
  • aokoye
    Workout 2/2 of the day. 60 min on TrainerRoad - a not especially exciting recovery ride. Entertainment consisted of Global Cycling Network, a news show, and part of a Bon Appetit video. Thank you Youtube.